BillyCostigan
    BillyCostigan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any chance Brazil doesn't win?

Question for you you guys.

How dumb would it be to bet $4,400 to win $400 on Brazil? Is there any chance they don't win this game today? Obviously a miracle could happen, but how big of a miracle would it take for a draw or NK win?

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

waaaaaayyyy too much to lay on first game, IMO. Korea will certainly be playing lots of D.

UpsetSpecial09
    UpsetSpecial09's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 58

Billy don't do it! There is no reason to put that much $$$ on any game with that much juice, its simply not worth the risk. A huge risk for a small payoff, the books love this kind of stuff because anything can happen! If you want to throw so $$$ away why not throw it on the draw, or take a shot a the total 1,0 or 2,0 Brasil. All three of those have decent chance at hitting and you can play them small for a chance at a decent payoff.

Not sure of your purpose but if you do this for more than just fun and ever hope to make a profit you can't take plays like your talking about or you will lose you bankroll in a day!

Mr Windy City
    BANNED
    Mr Windy City's Avatar Become A Pro!

MIRACLE to win this game. And I mean like end of the world type miracle. Draw possible I suppose, but pretty sure Brazil wins this match. Risking 4k to win 400 is not too smart but should be free money

BillyCostigan
    BillyCostigan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks guys, never really said I was going to, I just wanted to gauge what real soccer people thought about NK's likeliness of tying or winning. I don't bet soccer much(up $430 and 2-0 so far, though!) so I wanted to see what you guys thought. I might just put $60 on a draw to win the same amount.

sportscash
    See ya SBR
    sportscash's Avatar Become A Pro!

$4400 = $484 at my book.You will probably be safe but i wont be doing it.Good luck

bringdownthehous
    bringdownthehous's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 29

this games makin me crazy haha..I got brazil -2.5 for 2 units right now but the more I think about it the less I like the bet I took

These North Koreans are savages, it makes me worry because no one knows a thing about them, they are playing for their lives (literally ), Kim Jung Ill and other NK officials have basically guarenteed and victory and if the team does not deliver they will be working in mines for the rest of their lives

Brazil will probobly win but I think it ends 1-0 or 2-0 because these NK will be playing harder than any team out there I can guarentee you that

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

North Korea doesn't stand a chance. They can be secretive all they want, they're just not good enough to stand up against Brazil. Brazil shouldn't be so big favorites as the odds make them out to be, but they will win here.

Just because Brazil aren't as great as they once were, doesn't mean they won't beat these guys.

ROYAJA8
    ROYAJA8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 257

Brazil will win 4-0 just parley them with Spain n Lakers ml it's an easy winner

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

it should be ok. if you play with 100k+, betting 4k on brazil should be ok. 12% return at Titan is best atm.
    and of course - never parlay

xxxvince
    xxxvince's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

billy this is the only game in the world cup that you should go all in. just this once, cause no way in hell brazil gonna lose this game. they need goals after the first match in the group went on scoreless tie, brazil can only get points and goals from this dumb north korean team. this aint south korea with good players.. come on. have some ball go all in thank me later. if u wanna parlay, do it with the spain game tomorrow but brazil is a bigger lock than spain tom. HAVE SOME BALLS!

fedtpels
    fedtpels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8416

Brazil wins this easy! How can you even think of a draw. I'm not calling it a lock cause everything can happen, but come on now. Almost the entire team plays in the north korean league (didn't even know it existed) and one of their strikers was put as goalkeeper to get an extra man in the squad (didn't work - if the striker plays it's as GK). This team spells disaster and they will lose big!

tommyminh
    tommyminh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1057

yeah your guy right brazil will win but does brazil will score 3 and over or just only 2 points ?

COOGI
    COOGI's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bringdownthehous View Post
    this games makin me crazy haha..I got brazil -2.5 for 2 units right now but the more I think about it the less I like the bet I took These North Koreans are savages, it makes me worry because no one knows a thing about them, they are playing for their lives (literally ), Kim Jung Ill and other NK officials have basically guarenteed and victory and if the team does not deliver they will be working in mines for the rest of their lives Brazil will probobly win but I think it ends 1-0 or 2-0 because these NK will be playing harder than any team out there I can guarentee you that

Kim Jung Ill and other NK officials have basically guarenteed and victory and if the team does not deliver they will be working in mines for the rest of their lives

not Just that only maybe Kim Jung Ill and other NK will Bring NUclear.. to bomb Brazil

Igetp2s
    Igetp2s's Avatar Become A Pro!

Korea is +5000 to win at Matchbook. Anyone taking it?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

I won't pick Korea even if it's +10000, LoL!

WiseGrumpy
    Got banned, wow
    WiseGrumpy's Avatar Become A Pro!

Even if it was Brazil against school kids, nothing is worth such a bet, math-wise it's simply a BAD bet.

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Do u guys think brazil wins by 3 goals?

cro
    Toronto Blue Jays to smash Fister
    cro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 610

could be a draw
    but they wont lose

Lakers714
    Go Big or Go Home!
    Lakers714's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3886

Cuz I'm trying to decide wether to take the over 3 or the spread of 2.5 that my local offers me

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Quote Originally Posted by ROYAJA8 View Post
    Brazil will win 4-0 just parley them with Spain n Lakers ml it's an easy winner
    Parlaying a -EV bet dont make it +EV
    Last edited by Hybris; 06-15-10 at 12:52 PM.

COOGI
    COOGI's Avatar Become A Pro!

this game ways to hard to bet............and i learnt if it hard and u still want to play follow the fact that under dog win more than favors....so stick with the under dog.....and under

TheAccountant
    TheAccountant's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by WiseGrumpy View Post
    Even if it was Brazil against school kids, nothing is worth such a bet, math-wise it's simply a BAD bet.
    I would take it Brazil against school kids!!

WC Soccer is too unpredictable to take Brazil as such a big favorite though - can't really know teams until you see them - and even horribly one sided match ups can wind up draws..

That being said - I don't know if there is a decent play no matter what you bet on this game..nobody knows nething about NK..

magynuck
    magynuck's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3844

taking the goals

stc9357
    stc9357's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

Taking NK not to score a goal don't want to touch the totals.

sweethook
    sweethook's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10488

i see good value in the draw - 6 of 13 games have been draws, GL.

hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

You decide

Brazil:
    -has superior players
    -has superior coaching
    -has superior training methods
    -plays more creatively
    -play a more individual style
    -will not be as prepared -- How do you prepare against NK??
    -will be over-confident
    -focus more on the offensive side of the game

NK
    -will believe they are the greatest in the world (brainwashing does this to you)
    -will play a compact style
    -focus on a team game and work as 1
    -focus on the defensive end
    -will wear their hearts on their shoulder
    -will try to scare or create fear in Brazilian players with very aggressive challenges
    -will play the full 90 minutes as hard as possible no matter what the score