shari91
    shari91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1689

Aussie homers unite!!!

After living here for 5 years and witnessing the magic of the last world cup when most outside Australia didn't give them a chance in hell of even winning a game, I'd feel like an absolute schmuck if I took Germany and this hit. It's not like Germany's fielding a dream team this time around and now that Verbeek may not be starting Cahill just to screw with Loew's game plan, I think they have a shot to at least draw.

So stuff it - I'm jumping on the Socceroo choo choo.

Australia DNB +430 2x
    Attached Images  

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

wow that takes guts.....good luck

Cappinpicks
    Cappinpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Germany rolls,

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4557

Australia + 1 @ my local , is it a good bet ?

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

Shari where are you from and WHY IN DEE HELL you move to Australia for? Fan of Aussie Rules Football?

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by Cappinpicks View Post
    Germany rolls,
    Yeah they might, but everyone and their dog was saying the same thing about England and look what happened there.

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan View Post
    Australia + 1 @ my local , is it a good bet ?
    To me it would be but you should get a 2nd opinion because I'm obviously biased here.

sportfan

I might put 1 unit on the under 2.5 , unders have been cashed in this worldcup .I'll be cheering for your home country thats for sure

LostBankroll

Quote Originally Posted by shari91 View Post
    Yeah they might, but everyone and their dog was saying the same thing about England and look what happened there
    Wrong. Plenty were on the US. Even the darn comentator pre game said he expected a 1-1 draw. I do agree tho that everyone thinks Germany is the play.

WIZARDOFBEANTOWN
    WIZARDOFBEANTOWN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

gl shari

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    Wrong. Plenty were on the US. Even the darn comentator pre game said he expected a 1-1 draw. I do agree tho that everyone thinks Germany is the play.
    Not wrong. Check the board. Yes homers and a couple serious cappers had USA +1 or a draw but the majority did not. But after just reading Kara and Turk's thread, I'm starting to feel more confident with my play and will add Australia +1 as back up. Best of luck!!

sportfan

Good luck with your play Shari

LostBankroll

Same to you shari. But do you actually read all these damn threads and think these are experts talking here? I rarely follow a pick unless the capper im following is as dedicated to thier craft as you are to tennis. So to me, reading those USA doesnt have a chance threads never made me differ my opinion. Either way shari Itll be a cracker of a game!

shari91

Good luck with your play Shari
    Thanks Sporty!! Looks like I'll need it because I fear I'll be the only one on this play

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

Go the Socceroos!

Who cares about playing attacking football, lets get this 0-0 draw and be done with germany.

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by LostBankroll View Post
    Same to you shari. But do you actually read all these damn threads and think these are experts talking here? I rarely follow a pick unless the capper im following is as dedicated to thier craft as you are to tennis. So to me, reading those USA doesnt have a chance threads never made me differ my opinion. Either way shari Itll be a cracker of a game!
    Of course I don't think they're all experts. But I do read every thread involving a game I'm betting on because once in awhile someone I respect will pop in there and provide some helpful insight! If I listened to everything I read I would've dumped a crapload of money on Roddick, Murray or Djoko this week and I'd be broke.

I really hope this will be a great game. As I said, this is 99.9% a homer bet as much as I can be a homer since I'm not an Aussie, but the more I look into this match I honestly feel like this has a bit of a shot to come in. At least more than most people are giving the Socceroos credit for. But I'm taking the +1 as well as I think that is actually a great bet in this one. I just saw that you've put a lot on the -1 so I honestly wish you the very best of luck that it hits for you!

SaffaCappa
    SaffaCappa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 434

Best of Luck Shari! Should be a cracking game, I was at the Argentina game yesterday and there were loads of Aussie fans. I even met Aussie cricket Legend Steve Waugh who was a few seats in front of me

Not sure what to make of this German side, they do have world cup pedigree but Klose is not in the best goal scoring form and Ballack loss is a big one

LostBankroll

Thanks shari, worst case i lose the -1. Make it back on another one of your +500 tennis plays and cash.

sportfan

Thanks Sporty!! Looks like I'll need it because I fear I'll be the only one on this play
    Sometimes its good to be the only one btw you like Lakers show tomorrow ?

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Gutsy play shari, but at +430 great value.
    I'll be staying up to watch the game, don't think I'll bet on it though.

shari91

Sometimes its good to be the only one btw you like Lakers show tomorrow ?
    I took LA ML and +3 yesterday but not for big, partly because I've had a great week and don't want to blow a chunk of my profit and also because a few people are making great cases for the Celtics in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    Gutsy play shari, but at +430 great value. I'll be staying up to watch the game, don't think I'll bet on it though.
    I'm so excited for this match!! Obviously. Just tried to take a nap with my son so I don't fade out completely but I'm too amped to sleep. Now I've thrown on the DVD of the Australia/Uruguay match and keep replaying Aloisi's goal.

Saffa - so jealous about your meeting Steve Waugh and even more so that you get to be there at some of the matches!

whitedogau
    whitedogau's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 152

Go you Aussies...
    Australia +0.5 @ $2.77

Domestic

I took LA ML and +3 yesterday but not for big, partly because I've had a great week and don't want to blow a chunk of my profit and also because a few people are making great cases for the Celtics in this one. I'm so excited for this match!! Obviously. Just tried to take a nap with my son so I don't fade out completely but I'm too amped to sleep. Now I've thrown on the DVD of the Australia/Uruguay match and keep replaying Aloisi's goal. Saffa - so jealous about your meeting Steve Waugh and even more so that you get to be there at some of the matches!

Yeah, I tried to take a nap for last night's schedule but just couldn't.
    Our timezone has been unlucky two world cups in a row now as far as world cup schedules are concerned.

whitedogau

Agreed - WC schedule is vampire friendly. Three days in and I have more bags under my eyes than Courtney Love!

whitedogau

2014 in Brazil isn't going to be much better

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by whitedogau View Post
    2014 in Brazil isn't going to be much better
    Yeah, we're screwed until we finally get to host it in 2022, haha.

WillC
    WillC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 358

We have to enjoy every minute of this world cup as we are basically fielding the exact same team [minus viduka] from Germany 2006. 2014 will be hugely different.

Soccer still has a long way to go in Australia. Our kids are playing AFL, NRL, union and cricket ahead of soccer. So much for developing talent

8 hours to go

whitedogau

They need to start with putting the A-league and qualifiers on free to air tv, especially if they are looking to develop soccer as a sport and appeal to the masses

Domestic

Quote Originally Posted by whitedogau View Post
    They need to start with putting the A-league and qualifiers on free to air tv, especially if they are looking to develop soccer as a sport and appeal to the masses
    Yep, also need to develop some kind of FA Cup like competition that gives non a-league aus clubs a chance to compete in the same comp.

radishman
    radishman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1617

Are Germans welcome in your thread?

I can't keep my fingers crossed for you tonight but I hope you enjoy the match and advance from the group!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here ya go Shari some Aussie good luck charms and stuff........

-------------------Reef

Some Shrimp on a Barbie

Didgeridoo

Boomerang

Sidney opera house

Ayers Rock

Swaggie

Just don't let this happen

shari91

Quote Originally Posted by radishman View Post
    Are Germans welcome in your thread? I can't keep my fingers crossed for you tonight but I hope you enjoy the match and advance from the group!
    Of course you are Radish! Best of luck in this one and thank you for the well wishes! If Germany were playing most anyone else I'd be cheering for them because I've lived there too.

shari91

Thank you Pauly - they're awesome!!!

Best of luck if you're putting bets on any of these matches

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank you Pauly - they're awesome!!! Best of luck if you're putting bets on any of these matches
    Your WelcomeShari.........

Cheetahponti
    Cheetahponti's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm with on this Shari, too much value to pass up, and I'm taking +1 as well.

We have a group of about 15 of us heading to an Aussie club in the Dominican Republic to watch the game, flags and tattoos and all. C'mon Aussie!!!

aunty jack
    aunty jack's Avatar Become A Pro!

everyone can be an honorary aussie tonite, radish and co...

love the icons, pauly... all that's missing is a dingo and a baby. just kiddin' folks.

best of luck to all...

12 Last