lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Anyone bet on Spain to win it all +377?

Just wondering if anyone has bet on the Spanish to win it all at +377. The odds are not very good that Spain wins it all and i feel that the books will cash in big on this prop. Lets face it the world cup is a pretty exclusive trophy and outside of France and England (both at home) the trophy hasnt been won by any other nation that is an outsider. Brazil/Italy/Germany/Argentina/Uruguay(back in the day) and of course France and England are the only winners up to date in this tourney. I wouldnt back spain. Another interesting fact is that outside of the original 1930 world cup Germany or Brazil has finished at least 3rd in every single tourney. Germany to make the semis is +222 and brazil is +111.

ClimbSomeRocks
    ClimbSomeRocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 259

Spain will get nocked out in the semi's or maybe even the quarter finals this year...

D3 Mighty Ducks
    D3 Mighty Ducks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 782

Spain won't make it to the Finals. There chances of making it to the Semis is likely and QF is highly likely.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

I just don't see them winning .. I took the Brazillans at +400 .. oh well

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Probably not a good idea to take heavy favorites in World Cup. Spain lost last summer to USA so I won't be placing any thing on them for that reason alone.

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

I was considering laying spain for the tournament but there's no point yet. They should plough into the second round and then into the quarters, and then it's time to lay

VLR100
    VLR100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 985

Germany to make the semis at +222 is a good bet, they always do well. Never count out the Germans. Who knows, they could win the whole thing.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Quote Originally Posted by BetfairUser View Post
    I was considering laying spain for the tournament but there's no point yet. They should plough into the second round and then into the quarters, and then it's time to lay
    that's when most have them losing .. interesting

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Spain have the toughest potential route, could possibly play Portugal in the 2nd round, Italy in the Q's, Argentina in the Semi's and also have less rest time due to them playing their group games last. If they get past all this and beat possibly Brazil in the final, well then they will go down as one of the greatest teams in history, actually close to being hands down the best team ever in world football.

Xptboy
    Xptboy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Italy out in QF
    England out in SF
    Germany out in QF
    France out at or before 16.

Can't really predict who will win the WC yet, but I know it won't be any of the teams above.

D3 Mighty Ducks

I wouldn't rule the Germans out if the QF. If Argentina and Germany both win they group and win their round of 16 match they will see each other in the QF and my money would definitely be on the Germany

xGrr
    xGrr's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 95

beside italy never a team has won the euro and wc back to back, i am still rooting for spain i think they are the most "complete" team overall, who knows maybe it's there year.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

I got them around the +450's a while ago. Great value imo i have them winning it.

LB you want to put a side wager that Germany doesn't make the semi's I will give you +200.

SoV
    "Why always me"
    SoV's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spain are ****ing boss and have a great chance of winning it and are rightly the favourites.

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

i am on both spain and brazil to win it all

ufuque
    ufuque's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

SPain and Argentina..

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I got them around the +450's a while ago. Great value imo i have them winning it.

LB you want to put a side wager that Germany doesn't make the semi's I will give you +200.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Quote Originally Posted by Pauulzcappin View Post

How?

Pauulzcappin
    Pauulzcappin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 568

Spain has no chance.

A south-american is winning it, either Brazil or ARgentina.

SoV
    "Why always me"

Spain has no chance.

Why don't Spain have a chance?

Better chance than either of Brazil or Argentina on paper.

bolekblues
    bolekblues's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brazil price to make semis is for a reason - they most likely play the netherlands in the quarters and i don't like brazil chances there. As for Spain, the price is not a good one concerning the number of possible winners in a tournament, but ther's value for them making semis (about even money).

BetfairUser

They have a chance but I really don't think they'll win it. They won the euro because they were easily the best team in europe and didn't have to overcome any unusual tactics. When they come to play the south american teams I really think they'll get beat, but we'll see - that's the fun bit

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spain has no chance.

Spain has the most players playing in the best club competition (Primera). How a team with the best players competing against the best for a living can have no chance?

Mirar Baseball
    Mirar Baseball's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BetfairUser View Post
    They have a chance but I really don't think they'll win it. They won the euro because they were easily the best team in europe and didn't have to overcome any unusual tactics. When they come to play the south american teams I really think they'll get beat, but we'll see - that's the fun bit
    Yeah, like Euro/World champion double hasn't happened in recent history.

BetfairUser

Quote Originally Posted by Mirar Baseball View Post
    Spain has the most players playing in the best club competition (Primera). How a team with the best players competing against the best for a living can have no chance?
    Sorry but premier league is better than primera

D3 Mighty Ducks

I wouldn't say Spain has NO CHANCE, they definitely have a the team to make noise in the 2nd round. I'll put them in the Semis but no further then that.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

Sure i will take those odds for 50 points. Based on history the odds are worth it. Never discount the Germans.

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Lakerboy and Kara, do u think spain has potential to win 2 big cup in the row ?
    Last edited by phenomenon; 06-12-10 at 05:38 PM.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Quote Originally Posted by bolekblues View Post
    Brazil price to make semis is for a reason - they most likely play the netherlands in the quarters and i don't like brazil chances there. As for Spain, the price is not a good one concerning the number of possible winners in a tournament, but ther's value for them making semis (about even money).
    Out of the big teams Brazil would most like to play Holland, suits them best.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Spain is a bit overrated for the price, they are favorites but Brazil and Argentina weren't in the Euro Cup when Spain won it.

My future bet is on Brazil.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    Lakerboy and Kara, do u think spain has potential to win 2 big cup in the row ?

They have the potential but like Kara mentioned before they have a difficult route. Lets see how they perform against a well organised Swiss side.

phenomenon

Argentina ? , I don t like them today, especially their defence, 1 month ago someone made argument with me about Argentina's defence, gutierrez and samuel made big mistakes today, and gave good chance even Nigeria, while watching Argentian match, I thought if it was not nigeria, Argentina vs Netherland match, it wouldn t be Argentina's victory ...

lakerboy

Its a long tourney for the big sides and you cant expect them to be on fire day 1. Argentina came out on fire last tourney and died out in the Germany match. There defence has issues but it takes time to gel.

phenomenon

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    They have the potential but like Kara mentioned before they have a difficult route. Lets see how they perform against a well organised Swiss side.
    yeah, they may beat swiss, coz they know the culture of european football, but they may face difficulties with chile and even honduras, I am wondering whether alot of passes will work for them or not ...

HCBoone
    HCBoone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5652

Those odds aren't good at all but I clearly hold Spain as big favourites. If you compare them to England or Argentina you can see they have stability in defense with a great goalie and a good back four. The world cup is as you say very difficult to win but the best team usually wins and atm Spain is the best team. But let's see how it turns out. I expect much more from England and Brazil will go far. I don't think Argentina can reach the final with that slow back line and their pretty poor goalkeeper.
    Spain would be my props bet if I would make one but I have seen better odds than them you've got.

Imagine Torres-Villa vs Demichelis-Samuel

12 Last