EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

EP36's FIFA-Fo-Fum World Cup Wonderland

Whaddup Gs and non Gs. Been on soccer hiatus since a pretty poor run of form about a month or so ago. Been fortunate enough to blog some for SBR on the World Cup, so I am hoping that my extra research time will help me provide some decent insight for South Africa. Once I get my free play lined up, I will post some futures thoughts and then I'm going to try and be appropriately stingy with the number of bets per day as you can probably go broke quick in the Group Stages if you don't manage that money. Probably be doing a MAX of two bets per day during Group Stages. Line 'em up!
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 06-12-15 at 03:51 PM. Reason: image does not exist

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck bro. sure you will dominate.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Looking forward to seeing your angle on this

Sanka
    Sanka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2468

With a lineup like that no way you can lose

Good luck EP

EaglesPhan36

Haha. I wish I had that lineup to choose from. I'd be bone dry every day. Should have my free play set-up tomorrow afternoon some time if all indications are correct. Should have some plays posted then as I am working on them today. Can't wait for Friday.

Mr.Kitty
    Update Status
    Mr.Kitty's Avatar Become A Pro!

The last couple of days have been a pain in the ass, wish I could have froze myself like Cartman in South Park . Good luck with your picks sir.

EaglesPhan36

Play #1: Uruguay To Advance From Group A [+110] (TWO UNITS)
    Group A to me is perhaps the most wide open and unsettled group from spots 1-3. South Africa I expect will probably run 4th here, leaving France, Uruguay and Mexico to battle for the two spots to advance out of this group. France certainly has the talent to win this group, but the French have been in turmoil since the infamous Henry handball helped get them through qualifying and into the field for the World Cup. Their friendly form leaves much to be desired, including last week's loss to China. Mexico certainly fields a strong team as well and no one would be surprised to see the Mexicans in the knockout stages. For me though, I think Uruguay is good enough to claim one of the two spots that advance from Group A. They boast a fantastic scoring duo with Suarez & Forlan up front. Uruguay has a decent defense that will need its captain Diego Lugano to provide quality leadership by example. Fernando Muslera, who spent this past season in Italy with Lazio, is expected to get the starts at goal keeper. He will need to be solid. Uruguay opens with France on Friday and this match goes a long way in determining if they can advance. Gaining a result on Friday is paramount to the Central Americans' chance to advance. If they gain a draw or even what some might say would be a surprise win against France, they will feel great about their chances. Ultimately, it will probably be the final match of the group stages against Mexico that determines qualifcation for the KO stages. If Uruguay takes care of business by earning results in all three group matches, I think they'll be one of the top 2 in Group A.

EaglesPhan36

Play #2: Brazil to Win Outright [+460]
    The Brazilians are deep and talented everywhere. I think their road to the finals is easier than teams like Spain and Argentina on the other side of the draw. Brazil will have to work past The Netherlands and likely England to get to a final, but those are both winnable.

EaglesPhan36

Play #3: Uruguay PK/+0.5 [+104] vs. France
    This is the match where Uruguay figures out if it has what it takes to advance from Group A. France's form as I've stated leads a lot to be desired. Uruguay meanwhile boast good scoring ability and I think Forland and Suarez are going to pressure France in this one. I don't think either team would be that angry with a draw, especially Uruguay. Look for them to test France early to see if they can crack the French with an early goal. If they don't, this could turn into a grueling scoreless or 1-1 draw in my estimation. I think a draw is the most likely result here, but I think it is possible that the Uruguay could be the talk of South Africa with a "surprise" win that could catapult them through this group in the top spot.

vinnysantos
    vinnysantos's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 580

[COLOR=#000000 ! important]best of luck people. i will be following u all the way[/COLOR]

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

EP - love your 3 opening bets, especially with mexico screwing up.

I'm on Brazil for a big bet myself

EaglesPhan36

Thanks Smogs! Even though I did the write-up picking Spain, their road to the final is full of more land mines than Brazil's. So for a little better price, I loved taking the team that could certainly win it all and has nobody but themselves to blame if they don't get to the final. Good start today for Uruguay. Went conservative with the split pick knowing the draw was likely, but I didn't want to get burned if France totally f-ed it up today and lost. If Uruguay can beat South Africa, they will be in fantastic shape to advance especially if Mexico either gets buried by France or takes a point. As long as they get a result in that South Africa tilt, they give themselves a shot against Mexico, but I'd rather have them just needing a draw to advance in that one!

Record: 1-0 [+0.52]

EaglesPhan36

Play #4: South Korea PK [+110]
    South Korea and Greece battle in what most expect to be a stalemate, but I can see the Koreans walking away with a low scoring win. Greece was not particularly impressive in their friendly action, losing to Paraguay and drawing with North Korea. South Korea played tough against Spain, losing 1-0 in their last build-up to the Cup. In three matches in May, the Koreans showed some spunk with wins over Japan and Ecuador before a disappointing loss to Belarus. The Greeks figure to again pack it in defensively without many scoring options outside of Gekas. The speed of the Koreans could be their best asset against the Greeks. If they can find some space, they could net a goal here and force Greece to get out of their defensive comfort zone. If not, then I think both teams would be happy with getting the point in a boring draw as they chase 2nd place behind Argentina.
    Points Awarded:

Rixsaw gave EaglesPhan36 3 SBR Point(s) for this post.

vinnysantos

Good luck with your 4th play

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

You are dead on with S Korea.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 2-0 [+1.62]

Was not expecting that 2-0 result for the Koreans, but I will surely take it.

vinnysantos

great pick on korea

blowseq
    Status? What status?
    blowseq's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great start!

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Good Start EP , BOL

EaglesPhan36

Play #5: Slovenia +130
    Slovenia takes on another of the African teams in Algeria. The Algerian team is quite a mess as they have benched their Captain for the opening match and scored just one goal in three friendly matches in their build-up for the World Cup. They gave up 3 goals in each of the first two friendlies against Serbia & Ireland. They won their last match 1-0 against the United Arab Emirates. Their coach has said they need to play a tight defense match against Slovenia which comes in full of confidence with two easy wins in friendlies by a combined 7-1 scoreline. Slovenia is a group that will play tight defensively and while they do not possess a great attack, Milivoje Novakovic has 16 goals in 38 career caps for Slovenia and will be the main man in attack. Slovenia doesn't have the big names, but they are well organized and won't be easy to score on. Somehow they always seem to find the back of the net even if you can't name the goal scorer.
    Points Awarded:

Rixsaw gave EaglesPhan36 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

newjerseydevils
    newjerseydevils's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

nice pick eagles.....was thinking slovenia as well...they really should be able to cruise against algeria.....i dont see a draw game......+130 is the best value with pk being -170........good luck...im on it...hope we cash

cmh329
    cmh329's Avatar Become A Pro!

On Slovenia as well. I think after the USA-England draw they will be hungry for 3 points and top of group. Good luck.

lak420187
    lak420187's Avatar Become A Pro!

im gonna tail...you been hitting alot lately... ive kept up with ya tennis plays, made some good money with those plays this past week.

iceminers26
    iceminers26's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck, still debating on if I'm going to make a play on them, or I should say in what form, ML or correct score

vinnysantos

good luck with your pick. im going with slovenia too

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great capping yet again. Some pts for ya. Thanks.

EaglesPhan36

Record: 3-0 [+2.92]

Love those late goals when they work for you!

vinnysantos

your on a role EP. keep it up

psulions
    psulions's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Any thoughts on the Monday games?

EaglesPhan36

Play #6: Italy-Paraguay OVER 2 [+105]
    Interesting match to open play for the defending champions as Italy takes on Paraguay. The Italians have several questions surrounding them enterting this one - including an aging team and a perceived lack of offensive creativity. From a defensive standpoint, the Italians are tactically sound but their age may leave them prone to a quick and youthful attack like that of Paraguay. The Paraguayans have scored at least one goal in their last five friendlies leading into the World Cup. While Italy is not chock full of weapons, they will counter attack the Paraguayans when they get the opportunity and should be able to take advantage of the weakest point of the Central Americans, their midfield and backline. Paraguay for their part may invoke a three forward attack on the Italians and even if they do not, they possess plenty of creativity up front to penetrate the Italian defense which may show just a step slower at times. I like both teams to get on the board here and would not be surprised to see either find the net a second time, either Italy on the counter or the continued surge of the Paraguayans. Watch for the tall talisman, Oscar Cardozo.

vinnysantos

GL with your pick

ScarFace_1990
    ScarFace_1990's Avatar Become A Pro!

gutsy play man, hope you hit it. I was leaning on under but after saw you on the over, i have to lay down.

MauriceDuval
    General LEB
    MauriceDuval's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Play #6: Italy-Paraguay OVER 2 [+105]
    Interesting match to open play for the defending champions as Italy takes on Paraguay. The Italians have several questions surrounding them enterting this one - including an aging team and a perceived lack of offensive creativity. From a defensive standpoint, the Italians are tactically sound but their age may leave them prone to a quick and youthful attack like that of Paraguay. The Paraguayans have scored at least one goal in their last five friendlies leading into the World Cup. While Italy is not chock full of weapons, they will counter attack the Paraguayans when they get the opportunity and should be able to take advantage of the weakest point of the Central Americans, their midfield and backline. Paraguay for their part may invoke a three forward attack on the Italians and even if they do not, they possess plenty of creativity up front to penetrate the Italian defense which may show just a step slower at times. I like both teams to get on the board here and would not be surprised to see either find the net a second time, either Italy on the counter or the continued surge of the Paraguayans. Watch for the tall talisman, Oscar Cardozo.

spal2811
    spal2811's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

seems like taking under 2.5 is money in every game

EaglesPhan36

Record: 3-0-1 [+2.92]

No harm, no foul - push. On the plus side, I hit the draw with a free play.

1234 ... Last