Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

My Pick to Win the World Cup

1. Mid October 09 - Nuggets to win the NC - Pending - Loss (2nd Round)
    2. Mid October 09 - Texas to win the NC - Pending - Loss (2nd round)
    3. Mid March 10 - Phillies to win the WS - Pending

Here are some teams I considered before making my final pick

Spain +425 - No doubt about it, they are the best team in the world. But the value just isn't there for the team. A European has never won off the continent. They have a matchup with Brazil/Portugal/Ivory Coast in the next round. Pele also picked them, which is apparently the kiss of death

Italy +1500 - Just a very old team. Just don't think they have it for whatever reason.

Portugal +3000 - Only worth thinking about because they are 3rd in the FIFA rankings. They barely sneaked into the World Cup. They will probably count on Ronaldo a bit too much. No chance it happens IMO.

Argentina +750 - This is one I don't understand. A lot of people talking about how this team might win it all. But Maradona is a mess of a manager. The team struggled all of qualifying. I don't see anyway they win

England +650- I think there #1 problem would be goalkeeper and thats a pretty big problem in the WC

USA +8750 -

Ivory Coast +4200 - I actually think this might be worth a shot. South Africa won't last very long and I'm sure the backing of the continent will be behind the African teams and I see IC as being the best team out of the other teams coming out of Africa. Though these teams as proven but the African Cup are prone for upsets by teams they should easily beat. Could see them stumbling and playing horribly. Also the fact that Sven is the manager would really hold me back too

Netherlands +1100 - They can run with anyone and put a lot of goals. But somewhere in the knockout stage they will inexplicably lose when they should easily win (like they always do)

Germany +1475 - Great odds, team always advances and always surprises but I don't think they have the team this year win it all

My Pick To Win The World Cup

Brazil +515
    - **** I hate that I am making the pick but it makes the most sense to me. They will be battled tested in the so called Group of Death. Remember, Italy who won in 2006 was also in the "Group of Death" at that time too (In hindsight it wasn't that great IMO). Problems they might have is at defense, but they can run and gun with anyone. Another problem is that there second round match up might be with Spain

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

The fact that Dunga left out Ronaldinho shows how strong their squad is actually, they are not relying on individual players. Fairness to Ronaldinho, he was doing great this season with Milan, but Dunga isn't playing around this WC with names, he has a solid squad that gels together pretty damn well.

Alexgurv
    Alexgurv's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 320

yeah Johon, in my opinion it can only be Spain or Brazil, who would matchup before the finals. So whoever you think wins that game, you think wins the World Cup when it comes down to it.