Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

Barcelona - Jeeez

Confirmed this morning they have signed David Villa for £34.2m!!!!! Unreal, basically taken one of the best strikers in the world and added him to arguably the best attacking team in the world. Nice work!

If they sign Fabregas as well then operation 'win everything in 2011' would be well and truly underway!!!

tailmypicks
    tailmypicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Real will sign the better one
    the special one

HCBoone
    HCBoone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel View Post
    If they sign Fabregas as well then operation 'win everything in 2011' would be well and truly underway!!!
    Nah, I don't think it's good for them to take in both Villa and Cesc. It's enough with Villa, I know Cesc is a Barca player in his dna but they need a holding midfielder and they won't keep Xavi or Iniesta on the bench. They need to offload Ibra also....

hustla
    hustla's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5619

fukk barca

ClydeFontaine
    ClydeFontaine's Avatar Become A Pro!

Villa is a class player. Great signing for Barca.

stomptheboard
    stomptheboard's Avatar Become A Pro!

good to see they are not signing a defence
    others still have a chance

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

I guess Ibra can now be considered a bust for them. They'll offload Ibra, and Henry this summer.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Quote Originally Posted by tailmypicks View Post
    Real will sign the better one the special one
    LOL Mourinho at Madrid is a disaster waiting to happen, IMO - the most arrogant manager in sports trying to work with the most arrogant/demanding/interfering board in the sport. I give it a week before Jose is fighting in the car park with Florentino Perez!

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Quote Originally Posted by Socrates View Post
    I guess Ibra can now be considered a bust for them. They'll offload Ibra, and Henry this summer.
    I don't think so. But if he goes, I think he'll go to City.

Socrates

about being traded/dropped or about being a bust?

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Ibra will definitely go now as will Henry, they just aint needed anymore - Ibra will go to Man City so long as Mancini is still there, he may even go to Madrid if Mourinho takes over. Henry will go somewhere for a payday....somewhere like Qatar or to the yank league

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Bust. I think they leave it up to Ibra if he wants to leave, they won't boot him off the property. But if he stays, his play time will be limited.

Slim
    Slim's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 354

janka
    janka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

V.Valdes,C.Puyol(c),Pique,D.Alves,Maxwel l,Fabregas,Xavi,Iniesta,D.Villa,L.Messi, Z.Ibrahimovic
    to gather the rest of the world, to play against Barca this would not have a chance, let alone a small real

BARCA rules !

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Confirmed this morning they have signed David Villa for £34.2m!!!!! Unreal, basically taken one of the best strikers in the world and added him to arguably the best attacking team in the world. Nice work!

everybody said it for Real also .. what happened? they eleminated even O.lyonnaise...
    I didn t confirm this,all stars at one team... it is hard to controll them all...

Socrates

Villa is just a couple of years away from being considered 'old', Valencia knew this and dealt him to the highest bidder. Both sides win. It's going to be a very interesting season come next September.

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

unreal

bluefish
    Update your status
    bluefish's Avatar Become A Pro!

that is a bargain

brko
    brko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    everybody said it for Real also .. what happened? they eleminated even O.lyonnaise...
    I didn t confirm this,all stars at one team... it is hard to controll them all...
    indeed, when i recollect some 10-15 years ago when RM and Barca competed each other in buying more and more expensive players who then played one-two matches and after a while weren't even in the substitute list (S. McManaman - i'm kinda sentimental when i remember that player occasionally ). sad moments for football (soccer) when commercials in breaks take over. i'm disgusted with it. and we all can remember what was the outcome of Galactico being assembled. first season they went good, and the next three - blank! and the world cup just became a showroom, catwalk. "see me, buy me!" "muchos dineros!" big money, football and crooked books are three sides of the same coin!

P.S. for me coin is not restricted in having only 2 sides!

cheers, mates
    Last edited by brko; 05-19-10 at 06:59 PM. Reason: typos

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Messi-Krkic-Pedro-Villa....WOW

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline
    Barroco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

dream match Santos F.C (Brazil) vs F.C barcelona

mihaita666

it would bve over 4.5 for sure :P

mihaita666

next, Fabregas, and Barca will become the strongest team according to everyone

the tipster
    the tipster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 284

another midget added, good for teams like inter and chelsea

knightof7
    knightof7's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just hope he doesnt get any injuries during world cup

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will be hard for Zlatten to take a place in the troup!

hustla

Totally disgusting what few clubs allow to themselves (like Barca, RM, MU, Inter, Chelsea, ** etc.) I am bored to look at these mofos in the (semi)final all years. It's not football just a who has more money bullshit. Need some new FIFA rules to take under control them, coz it's a piece of shit in this form

brko
    brko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

something like salary limits?

hustla

This is one of a lot of option. Works or not, I don't know, but need changes, everybody feels it excluding these clubs and their most rabid supporters

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Barca now basically = Spain + Messi

Sick

Real will get Ribery

phenomenon
    phenomenon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 958

Quote Originally Posted by brko View Post
    something like salary limits?
    not salary, as I know, like in NBA,they can rule some kota for buying footballer, for example, a team has to spend 30 milion euro for 1 season...
    it may be fix this problem, I agreed deeply hustla u are right, it also effect our betting strategies, all home win for Barca has 1.05 and after villa it will 1.02 odd,it is disgusting IMO...

mihaita666

barca will be a scoring machine next season, even better than this one. Zltana only scored 16...Having Xavi and iniesta and those bulshit teams to play against, I can score 10 in a season and Im not quite a pro.Villa to score over 25 next season would be a decent future.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter

Quote Originally Posted by phenomenon View Post
    everybody said it for Real also .. what happened? they eleminated even O.lyonnaise... I didn t confirm this,all stars at one team... it is hard to controll them all...
    Strange comparison IMO - If you folow in the media there is a team spirit at Barcelona thats probably better than any other top team in Europe, they play for each other and they win and lose together. This isnt a team thats been built by buying the best players each offseason like Real, that just attracts egos and players only interested in money and personal glory.

Aside from Raul and Iker Casillas i'd say anyone meaningful in the Real Madrid squad was bought for mega millions, bringing with it all the arrogance/ego problems you get from trying the "galactico" method. Look at the Barcelona team that is now widely regarded as the best attacking team in the world and it cost very little to actually assemble in comparison to Real Madrids team.

Pep Guardiola said when he took over he was going to change the ethos at Barcelona and my word he has done, even winning an ego battle with a freak like Eto'o and carting him outta town. Comparing them to the galacticos at Madrid is either very unfair, or spoken by someone unawares about Spanish football in general.

samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

barca is sure gonna be a fun team to play on fifa/winning eleven

mihaita666

Strange comparison IMO - If you folow in the media there is a team spirit at Barcelona thats probably better than any other top team in Europe, they play for each other and they win and lose together. This isnt a team thats been built by buying the best players each offseason like Real, that just attracts egos and players only interested in money and personal glory. Aside from Raul and Iker Casillas i'd say anyone meaningful in the Real Madrid squad was bought for mega millions, bringing with it all the arrogance/ego problems you get from trying the "galactico" method. Look at the Barcelona team that is now widely regarded as the best attacking team in the world and it cost very little to actually assemble in comparison to Real Madrids team. Pep Guardiola said when he took over he was going to change the ethos at Barcelona and my word he has done, even winning an ego battle with a freak like Eto'o and carting him outta town. Comparing them to the galacticos at Madrid is either very unfair, or spoken by someone unawares about Spanish football in general.
    You are absolutely right. And let me tel you sth, fellows; think of this list : Puyol, Xavi, Iniesta, Pedro, Valdes, Messi. 6 of their starters costed zero euros, they were raised in the academy. Give me another succesful team in Europe that does that (maybe except for Bayern Munich). Real Madrid, except for Raul and Casillas (who are old, especially Raul) have only galacticos in their starting eleven. Barcelona, more than a club (mes que un club)

12 Last