Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Donga is the Biggest Moron

What is this guy thinking?

Brazil moved up to 1 in the rankings- are you kidding me? I guarantee Brazil does not advance past the semi's this year- if that.

You do not win cups when you disrespect a legend and one of your leaders (not putting Rhanaldino on the team).

And what is this bullshit about bringing Robhino off the bench? What is going through this guys head? He thinks he's going to win the cup by simply bringing in the next athletic, fast, young gun?

Dunga is a fool and I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil got bounced before the quarters, and I will bet against them every game after the 1st/2nd round of after the group stage.

VLR100
    VLR100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 985

Ronaldinho's washed up now, only a fool would have brought him and he's been out of the squad for a while. Have you seen him this year? He doesnt give a fuk. Robinho's a decent player when motivated. Is gilberto silva still on the squad? He is useless. This brazil squad is fine, not sure theyll win it all though.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Goat - what has Ronaldinho done to deserve a place?? He's gone backwards at Milan and there is too much rising talent for him to warrant a place

Bones402
    Bones402's Avatar Become A Pro!

interesting talk havent paid too much attention to Brazil's up and comers who should I be looking out for that I dont know about?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    Goat - what has Ronaldinho done to deserve a place?? He's gone backwards at Milan and there is too much rising talent for him to warrant a place
    He is washed up for the most part- it has nothing to do with his play. Those kids on the team look at Ronaldhino as a legend. He's been the face of Brazil since Ronaldo left. Do you know what an inspiration Ronaldhino is to those guys- everyone from Kaka and Lucio to Pato. Him and Lucio are the leaders of that team.

Brazil is a weak mental team without him.

Smogs- I'm telling you man, this is a very, very bad sign for Brazil fans. It's going to bite them in the ass I'm 100% certain, and I'll bump this thread after they get bounced by the quarters.

You're not going to win a world cup by bringing in the next young gun and expecting him to perform on an international stage with millions and millions watching. A world cup team has to be mentally strong.

Additionally, although he isn't what he used to be, Ronaldhino is still a top 7 Free Kick taker in the world, and Brazil's best free kicker. Good luck having Alves taking your free kicks...

brazil is finished
    Last edited by Goat Milk; 05-16-10 at 10:04 PM.

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

There is so much brazilian talent it must be nightmare for the coach to choose a squad. That being said, Ronaldinho should not automatically be included because of his legacy. He has lost his passion for the game and this is very obvious. Time for him to move to the MLS.

stomptheboard
    stomptheboard's Avatar Become A Pro!

pato is the bigger surprise to me not dinho

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He is washed up for the most part- it has nothing to do with his play. Those kids on the team look at Ronaldhino as a legend. He's been the face of Brazil since Ronaldo left. Do you know what an inspiration Ronaldhino is to those guys- everyone from Kaka and Lucio to Pato. Him and Lucio are the leaders of that team. Brazil is a weak mental team without him. Smogs- I'm telling you man, this is a very, very bad sign for Brazil fans. It's going to bite them in the ass I'm 100% certain, and I'll bump this thread after they get bounced by the quarters. You're not going to win a world cup by bringing in the next young gun and expecting him to perform on an international stage with millions and millions watching. A world cup team has to be mentally strong. Additionally, although he isn't what he used to be, Ronaldhino is still a top 7 Free Kick taker in the world, and Brazil's best free kicker. Good luck having Alves taking your free kicks... brazil is finished
    You do make a valid point, but if they are to lose out, it will be because their centre midfield is weak as f*ck unless you think of Melo as a class act.
    If Diego starts, his free kicks are immense

samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

melo is a joke, diego doesn't fit well with the brazil system. elano takes the set pieces pretty well anyway.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

What is this guy thinking?

Brazil moved up to 1 in the rankings- are you kidding me? I guarantee Brazil does not advance past the semi's this year- if that.

You do not win cups when you disrespect a legend and one of your leaders (not putting Rhanaldino on the team).

And what is this bullshit about bringing Robhino off the bench? What is going through this guys head? He thinks he's going to win the cup by simply bringing in the next athletic, fast, young gun?

Dunga is a fool and I wouldn't be surprised if Brazil got bounced before the quarters, and I will bet against them every game after the 1st/2nd round of after the group stage.

Offense wins games. Defense wins championships.

Dinho and Adriano are cancer to the team, why take them to WC ? And to what I have heard Pato is now best friends with Dinho (since both play in Milan) and he has also got on the "lets party all night bus". So what Dunga (not Donga) did, is amazingly smart IMHO.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brazil has zero need to rely on washed up players. They have the richest talent pool in the world and can effortlessly replace one 'legendary' player with another. This is not some country with a star player once every generation that they have to hold onto for as long as possible. Dunga knows what it takes to win a WC.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goat Milk,

On the surface, it's easy to back your sentiment, but what counts here is team success. A player may be individually great but not good for the team. Romaria was dumped similarly in 2002 and the whole of Brazil cried foul but it paid off in the end. I think the Brazilian team is better off without Roni (and Adriano). BTW, Roni is also a similar play to Ibrahimovic - great for club but mediocre for country.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    Brazil has zero need to rely on washed up players. They have the richest talent pool in the world and can effortlessly replace one 'legendary' player with another. This is not some country with a star player once every generation that they have to hold onto for as long as possible. Dunga knows what it takes to win a WC.

Great addition.

I saw that Germany just nationalized a Brazilian for this WC. I think Brazil has the most naturalized players world wide.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    Great addition.

I saw that Germany just nationalized a Brazilian for this WC. I think Brazil has the most naturalized players world wide.
    By a mile!

Smogs

I expect Luis Fabiano to be top scorer this world cup, people will soon forget ronaldinho on the world stage

looch10
    looch10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Ronaldinho is definitely a different player from his barca days, but washed up? He scored or created nearly half of Milan's goals this year. The Rosseneri faithful love him. I think its a mistake for Dunga, but everyone knows he holds grudges very firmly. Ronaldinho and Pato didnt impress him at the Olympics, they were never going to return to his good books. I would still include him in the squad; he's a champion and can still create from nothing. Doesn't mean this team won't do well, but without 'dinho, Pato, and Neymar they lack some 'samba'.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Dunga captained Brazil to a world cup with a team that had Romario and Bebeto as the flash but that team was based on a rock solid defence that conceded 2 goals in the elimination stages. He is fashioning this team after that squad. The thing about Dunga is that he is his own man and wont succumb to pressure from the Brazilian media and fans. I have seen his squad and it clearly indicates that Brazil will try to win games by playing along the flanks- very similar to the 1994 style of play. As for Ronaldinho- he is okay but Brazil have more than enough talent to make his absence a non factor- last time they brought loads of talent to Germany and went out early.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Did you watch any previous Brazil games in the last year before this upcoming World Cup?

They have been dominant vs their opponents, and playing solidly like a team. The best example was vs the USA where they went 2-0 down and came back to score 3 goals in the 2nd half in the Confed Cup, if you're not convinced by this example just look at how they finished in South America quals. They scored the best team made goal in the warm up game vs Ireland with Robinho and Kaka involved.

Ronaldinho and Ronaldo had their last chance 4 years ago, they failed, and now it's time for a new team to take over. I think Dunga made a very good decision leaving these lazy unfit superstars out of the team, it's a decision only a coach thinking about the entire team would make.

I still have Brazil as favorites in the WC, you'd be surprised how much more dominant they will be when their entire team, not just the forwards are a crucial part of winning the trophy, just like Italy last time.

tailmypicks
    tailmypicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

what have we learnt about brazil over the year
    they dont miss big name attackers......no romario no problem no ronaldo no problem no dinho no problem......others are always ready to perform

Goat Milk

Smogs,

Yes. I completely agree with you about midfielders. I said in another thread you do not win cups without a world-class, top 5 mid. Top 3 mids are Gerrard (England), Kaka (Brazil), Xavi (Spain). Others are Essien, Lampard, etc.

You guys honestly think that this move is going to pay off for Brazil? I'm well aware of romario and ronaldo when they were given the shaft. Brazil is a good team on paper- that means nothing. Dunga is a guy that just wants talent on his team- talent doesn't win cups man, teams win cups with veteran leadership.

JOHN,

"he best example was vs the USA where they went 2-0 down and came back to score 3 goals in the 2nd half in the Confed Cup"

What? Brazil should have destroyed the US that game and they barely won. That win was anything but impressive to me. Plus Brazil's defenders are offensive oriented playres. Alves Micion are not even true defenders.

What makes you guys say Dhino has lost passion for the game? Because of the way he plays in Milan? You think he cares about that? He's probably been looking forward to the World Cup since the dissapointment 4 years ago. Even though he's somewhat washed up, it's comforting having a player of his stature on your team. He has more world cup experience than any player on that team, and it's not like he's old.

Brazil is going to get bounced by the quarters/semi's. 0 team unity.

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by stomptheboard View Post
    pato is the bigger surprise to me not dinho
    yes bro. I don't understand what goes through this guys head. Pato is an absolute stud. Have you seen the players Dunga is bringing in to replace these guys?

Put it this way: If Brazil wins the cup this year/advances past the semi's, he will look like a genius. If Brazil get's bounced early, these moves (Dhino, Robino benched, Pato, there are others too) will be the most talked about thing in international soccer for the next 4 years (until the next world cup).

Smogs

Smogs,

You guys honestly think that this move is going to pay off for Brazil? I'm well aware of romario and ronaldo when they were given the shaft. Brazil is a good team on paper- that means nothing. Dunga is a guy that just wants talent on his team- talent doesn't win cups man, teams win cups with veteran leadership.
    Yes, i do think it will pay off, and on the matter of Robinho, the guy has a terrible attitude and played so badly for Man City that no one in Europe wanted him, so only a Brazilian team would take him. He does not deserve a thing based on his recent career path

looch10
    looch10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

... Top 3 mids are Gerrard (England), Kaka (Brazil), Xavi (Spain). Others are Essien, Lampard, etc..
    Gerrard?

noober
    noober's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5901

Quote Originally Posted by looch10 View Post
    Gerrard?
    What's wrong with Gerrard. DEfinitely one of the best midfileders with amazing heart. If it wasn't for him, Liverpool would have been horrible in the last 5 seasons.

camel
    camel's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Goat Milk,

On the surface, it's easy to back your sentiment, but what counts here is team success. A player may be individually great but not good for the team. Romaria was dumped similarly in 2002 and the whole of Brazil cried foul but it paid off in the end. I think the Brazilian team is better off without Roni (and Adriano). BTW, Roni is also a similar play to Ibrahimovic - great for club but mediocre for country.
    Completely agree with your point Wilforth.

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

It's Dunga fyi....

stomptheboard
    stomptheboard's Avatar Become A Pro!

dunga trying to copy maradona here