Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline
    Barroco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

Copa Libertadores 4/27

San Luis vs Estudiantes La Plata
    (Mexico) (Argentina)

Though San Luis has been very poor in the Mexican League they are still alive in the Copa Libertadores and they face the defending champions Estudiantes La Plata.

My pick San Luis

Reasons

• Home Field Advantage
    • San Luis is not a bad team overall thoughout the season they had glimpses of good soccer
    • full squad with good strikers Chango Moreno, Blas Perez
    • Estudiantes has various first team players missing named below.

Leandro Desábato Marcos Angeleri, Juan Sebastián Verón, Rodrigo Braña y José Sosa .Mauro Boselli.

San Luis has to win the first leg in Mexico in order to go into the second leg with and advantage.

Krtica
    Vamos a Ganar !
    Krtica's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Barroco View Post
    San Luis vs Estudiantes La Plata

My pick San Luis

Reasons

• Home Field Advantage
    • San Luis is not a bad team overall thoughout the season they had glimpses of good soccer
    • full squad with good strikers Chango Moreno, Blas Perez
    • Estudiantes has various first team players missing named below.

Leandro Desábato Marcos Angeleri, Juan Sebastián Verón, Rodrigo Braña y José Sosa .Mauro Boselli.
    This absolutely wrong backing San Luis here.
    San Luis is the worst team in mexican league. Even Indios who managed to relegate this year into lower division got more points than them. San Luis at the end of championship collected 14 points , but even Indios got more.

(due to complicated percentage counting for relegation table in mexico , Indios got relegated becouse in that %`s we count 4 years back, and Indios played just 2 years in Mexcan league recently , counting back. But San Luis is long long time in mexico primera and they got much credits counting backward in that relegation table of %`s, so it was easier for San Luis to maintain their presence in 1st mexican league than Indios)

-I cant remember when San Luis won in Mexican league, if we dont count last round when in unimportant game San Luis won over Queretaro 3-0.
    -As I saw almost all 5-6 last games of San Luis , can asure you that there are no reasons to back them here in Libertadores. San Luis isnt good in attack at all, just look at their results in weak mexican league. San Luis and Estudiantes are 2 different worlds, not comparable. Just watch the game... Big gap in quality will be easy to notice.

-Also on the other side, Estudiantes is a good team , if we are mentioning those missings , it not good to judge that , that will have an effect on the income of this game. It will not hurt Estudiantes.

>>>
    Estudiantes de La Plata: Agustín Orión; Clemente Rodríguez, Cristian Cellay, Marcos Rojo, Germán Ré; Enzo Perez, Matías Sánchez, Maxi Núñez, Leandro Benítez; Gastón Fernández y Leandro González. Entrenador: Alejandro Sabella.

> this is good team, and as we saw them usually in their argentinean championship, yes they are competitive >>>

conclusion (even if the AH is ruined from +0.25 to 0.0) is >

take : Estudiantes (0.0) @1.96 -5/10 - SBOBET
    Last edited by Krtica; 04-26-10 at 07:30 PM.

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline

obviously estudiantes is a good team or they wouldnt be competing in both in libertadores and local tournament. but without key players and a lot of games played plus a 10 hour plane ride it will affect them.

how isnt not good to mention missing players?

I believe Estudiantes can afford to lose 1-0 and go back to Argentina with a complete squad and demolish San Luis.

nobody has to play my picks as their only my picks.

tomorrow we will see who cashes. i doubt you do though friend.

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

i agree san luis wont win on other hand taking CD Guadalajara Chivas at home is the better bet vs Velez velez is hot but they wont win in mexico tomorrow but i agree with krtica San Luis IMO dont have a chance

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline

Club America while having a poor campaing didnt have a chance while playing in the maracana playing against the mighty Flamengo and yet it ended 3-0 American and flamengo stayed home crying.

even the poorest mexican clubs have been able to get results from top argentinan teams.

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline

demize21

what is that 5 years ago flamengo are a different animal this year no comparison they have had their meshing problems but that comes along with practically revamping half the squad if adriano gets his $hit together they will win copa Lib nuff said on that debate stick to the teams at hand

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Estu will sit back and defend, San Luis do not have the attacking prowess to break down teams especially the competitions top clubs like Estudiantes. I have seen watched this team alot this season, they really struggle trying to score, Estudiantes could steal a goal on the counter attack.

Krtica
    Vamos a Ganar !
    Krtica's Avatar Become A Pro!

Anyway , in both tonights Libertadores games , also could be good option UNDER 2.25 ,
    If we dont like UNDER 2.25 we can wait LIVE for 1st early goal and take something like UNDER 3.0 or even UNDER 3.25 LIVE if early goal apears.

demize21

Quote Originally Posted by demize21 View Post
    i agree san luis wont win on other hand taking CD Guadalajara Chivas at home is the better bet vs Velez velez is hot but they wont win in mexico tomorrow but i agree with krtica San Luis IMO dont have a chance
    i rest my case!!!!

Socrates
    Socrates's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Barroco had the right idea though. A lot of times, these Mexican teams that play a shit domestic tourney tend to play well in Libertadores, except this year.

Club America was in last place in the FMF local tourney, yet reached the semifinals of the Libertadores just one or two tourneys ago. Atlas made it to quarters that same year in Libertadores, except got eliminated by Boca after a heroic display by Boca, beating Atlas @Atlas. All this, while Atlas played their usual shit ball locally.

The problem here was that Barocco just happened to underestimate just how bad San Luis really were. Not a bad bet though, considering the history.