JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Barcelona vs Arsenal EARLY Discussion

Best bet Pre-Game for me seems to be over 2.5. A lot of important solid defensive/midfield players missing from both sides. Thoughts?

Arsenal
    Out:
    Aaron Ramsey (broken leg), Robin van Persie (ankle ligaments), Kieran Gibbs (broken metatarsal), Johan Djourou (knee), Cesc Fàbregas (leg), William Gallas (calf), Andrey Arshavin (calf), Alex Song (right knee)
    Doubtful: Sol Campbell (hamstring)
    Suspended: Cesc Fàbregas
    Misses next match if booked:
    Gaël Clichy, Robin van Persie, Abou Diaby

Barcelona
    Out:
    Zlatan Ibrahimović (calf)
    Doubtful: Jeffrén (calf), Yaya Touré (bruised ankle), Andrés Iniesta (thigh)
    Suspended: Carles Puyol, Gerard Piqué
    Misses next match if booked:
    none
    http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionslea...iumph+tributes

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

I just looked at the odds, over 2.5 isn't even worth it (1.5), any thoughts about over 3.5 (2.6)? I hate to even make this play in a CL game but for this one it looks really likely.

Bojan and Messi were great on the weekend, I don't think Ibrahimovic missing will be a factor here.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

None of them look promising right now.

Having Puyol and Piqué out are strong reasons why Barcelonas defense might receive a goal or two, however, without Fabregas or Arshavin handling Arsenals attack, I dont see them even getting a shot on goal, at least one that you would think has a high % of getting through.

I think I will just sit back on this one and play Inter to win and advance.

RedDevil11
    RedDevil11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Rosicky is 50-50....they don't even have a bench. Could get very ugly. Good luck Gooners

GazGaz
    GazGaz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Barca -1.5 I think with all the Gunners men out they haven't got a prayer.

colout
    colout's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Chygrynskiy who played in the center of defense alongside pique in the weekend, is not qualified to play in the Champions League. So he is also missing. Seems more and more like a Barcelona victory as injuries crashing over Arsenal in those days.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

This could easily end 0-0. Wenger may play to nick it by a goal. Plus Barcelona have 2 away goals.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Barcelona won't be doing any defending tomorrow, wouldn't matter if a few of us here were in the back four, Barcelona is going to have 60-70% possession.

Think of this match as what happens when teams of a lower quality than Arsenal try to play Arsenals style, what happens? they get wiped off the park, we saw what happened to the likes of West Brom and whoever else thought they could play the fancy stuff. Barcelona play Arsenals game but better, they don't stand a chance against Barca if they play their usual style. A team like Stoke would have a better chance at stopping Barcelona, you have to play dirty, foul alot, disrupt the play and maximize set pieces if you are to stand a chance.

Arsenal have to play negative football to get a result but their stubborn manager won't allow for any of that, this could get really nasty.
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave Karayilan9 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BetfairUser

onizuka
    onizuka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2533

I don't think Arsenal would play negative football even if they should, but just let's wait

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Barcelona will just pass the ball around for 60' of the 90' They dont even need to win the match to move on. They can advance with a 0-0 or 1-1 draw. It is in their best interest to keep this a low scoring affair. 2-2 would result in a extra time. Dont forget they are still duking it out for la liga title. they must conserve energy here.

Here is a preview of the match:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noOHdTQd6H8

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Forgot about that, the Classico is on this weekend. That surely is in the players minds. Plus those players that are out, Iniesta, Pique and Puyol, Zlatan are huge missing's. I'm not saying Arsenal are going to win, but there a slight chance it could happen.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

i have this game capped as a complete crap shoot.. going to have to lay off...

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Give me a good reason why the Classico should affect this game significantly? The only thing that will be affected is the next game, the classico not this match.

I'm not betting pre-game, watching it and might play early if I like the chances of a bet or 2nd half.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    Give me a good reason why the Classico should affect this game significantly? The only thing that will be affected is the next game, the classico not this match.

I'm not betting pre-game, watching it and might play early if I like the chances of a bet or 2nd half.
    What next match? You mean the next game being Arsenal?

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Henry will score.

Arsenal's 3 best players out. Fab, Van Persie, Arch. If you want to beat Barca, you have to make plays. Don't see any playmakers for Arsenal.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Henry will score.

Arsenal's 3 best players out. Fab, Van Persie, Arch. If you want to beat Barca, you have to make plays. Don't see any playmakers for Arsenal.
    Rosicky, Nasri, Bendtner(occasionally)

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

True, you can add Walcott into that discussion. But i'm talkin playmakers man. Guys that can match effectiveness of Messi, Xavi, Henry. Only 3 guys I see putting their mark on a game like those 3 from Arsa are Fab, Archavin, and Van Persie...those are their 3 best fk takers from set pieces too...

tbill11
    tbill11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

A play that I really like in this game is "Any Result other than Barca HT/FT," meaning that if Barca doesn't win the half and the full game, I win my wager. Odds are at -106 for any other result, and at -104 for Barca to win HT and Full time. I personally think that Arsenal can keep it close for the first half, and this leaves a lot of other possibilities open. This could be a good bet on either side though!

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

For probably the first time this year I consider playing a pre-game corner play. I'm not TOO sure the over will hit, bot over 11 corners at -110 seems like a good shout to me. At least one team will attack all game long to make sure this one hits. I'll play this and nothing else on this one.

AssAn
    AssAn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
    For probably the first time this year I consider playing a pre-game corner play. I'm not TOO sure the over will hit, bot over 11 corners at -110 seems like a good shout to me. At least one team will attack all game long to make sure this one hits. I'll play this and nothing else on this one.
    any idea about the corners in the 1st game?

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

thinking about a small play on gooners +1.5 -115 just for the hell of it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd actually lean under 3.5/3 here. Barca has the important two away goals to their credit already and should be content with picking up a goal at home and knowing Arsenal doesn't have much that can hurt them if they get a lead. Arsenal was lucky to get a goal against Wolverhampton in the waning moments of that match to snare a 1-0 win. I don't see any worse than a 2-1 Barca win, but won't be surprised to see the Spaniards shut out Arsenal.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    Barcelona won't be doing any defending tomorrow, wouldn't matter if a few of us here were in the back four, Barcelona is going to have 60-70% possession.

Think of this match as what happens when teams of a lower quality than Arsenal try to play Arsenals style, what happens? they get wiped off the park, we saw what happened to the likes of West Brom and whoever else thought they could play the fancy stuff. Barcelona play Arsenals game but better, they don't stand a chance against Barca if they play their usual style. A team like Stoke would have a better chance at stopping Barcelona, you have to play dirty, foul alot, disrupt the play and maximize set pieces if you are to stand a chance.

Arsenal have to play negative football to get a result but their stubborn manager won't allow for any of that, this could get really nasty.

Exactly thats why he hasnt won jack shit in 5 years.

Tommy_de1st
    Damn, she's hot
    Tommy_de1st's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7897

We all know how both teams played in London last week, how many attempts Barca had to score. Tonight it`ll be the same scenario and I dont think itll be another miracle.
    Barca-1

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Gargamel View Post
    not sure about this, i'd take the under (not playing it though), eleven corners is A LOT of corners! In the first leg barca had 4, and arsenal had 0

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

The only way I see Arsenal taking this game, is the team is inspired to go forward and play dirty. No other way. The numbers dont give me anything good about this game. At worst I would play the UNDER ... but then again the price is too high for my taste.

BetfairUser
    BetfairUser's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    The only way I see Arsenal taking this game, is the team is inspired to go forward and play dirty. No other way. The numbers dont give me anything good about this game. At worst I would play the UNDER ... but then again the price is too high for my taste.
    Arsenal literally can't play that way though.

stomptheboard
    stomptheboard's Avatar Become A Pro!

nothing else but a comfortable barca victory

pitman
    Gmbln isthesureway 2getnothin frm sumthn
    pitman's Avatar Become A Pro!

shat odds on barca, but rooting for barca after that ridiculous pk last game to equalize.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    None of them look promising right now.

Having Puyol and Piqué out are strong reasons why Barcelonas defense might receive a goal or two, however, without Fabregas or Arshavin handling Arsenals attack, I dont see them even getting a shot on goal, at least one that you would think has a high % of getting through.

I think I will just sit back on this one and play Inter to win and advance.

tailmypicks
    tailmypicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

barca to win by 2 goals

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8491

TOTAL o1½+110 (1H ARSENAL FC vrs 1H FC BARCELONA)

BARCELONA -2+175

easy $$$$

CallMeGENO
    CallMeGENO's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2092

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    TOTAL o1½+110 (1H ARSENAL FC vrs 1H FC BARCELONA)

BARCELONA -2+175

easy $$$$

Easy money??? Bold statement! GL tho

Jrod124
    Update your status
    Jrod124's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 535

actually leaning toward Aresnal +2 here

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    Barcelona won't be doing any defending tomorrow, wouldn't matter if a few of us here were in the back four, Barcelona is going to have 60-70% possession. Think of this match as what happens when teams of a lower quality than Arsenal try to play Arsenals style, what happens? they get wiped off the park, we saw what happened to the likes of West Brom and whoever else thought they could play the fancy stuff. Barcelona play Arsenals game but better, they don't stand a chance against Barca if they play their usual style. A team like Stoke would have a better chance at stopping Barcelona, you have to play dirty, foul alot, disrupt the play and maximize set pieces if you are to stand a chance. Arsenal have to play negative football to get a result but their stubborn manager won't allow for any of that, this could get really nasty.
    Spot on. This is why you're the man.

12 Last