GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

I made this bet because...

All bets are not created equal. There are big and small bets. Prop bets and futures bets. Sure bets and hail mary bets. Teasers and parlays, ifs and reverses. Theres bets you stay up all night researching, bets made from math, and the '**** it take the rest of my bankroll bets'.

But then theres the bets you never mange to forget. They are the ones you shouldnt have thought of making. You always remember exactly what happened, and you love to tell the story whenever gambling comes up. Everyone has them, the game where you had the inside tip. Or the game where you saw a piece of information that went completely against the public and won. Or the game where you just happened to be in the right place to catch something most people missed.

I had one of those moments this morning, and I just wanted to share it. My first and only child was born almost 5 weeks ago, and she loves to stay up all night and piss off daddy. Since mommy had to goto the dentist, daddy got stuck with the 4AM feeding. After a bottle full of formula, a poopy diaper, and alittle bit of spitup on dad's shoulder, I laid her down and grabbed the laptop and opened up a book and espn.com to browse through the day's schedule to see if i could find something to make a bet on today. Im a recreational gambler. Making 10 $1 bets over the course of 5 days is more interesting to me than 1 $100 bet every week. I love sports, I love having a reason to watch them, and Im not in betting to make money. Im here to have fun. Anything gained is just gravy. With the pickings of the day slim (UCL has been a money trap for me), I started poking around the book for value. And boy did I find it.

I found a Asian Champions League game early this morning with a bad line. So bad, it created a no lose bet. +400 for a home team win. +900 for the away win, and +400 for a draw. I about shit myself. Best team in the group vs the worst team, and I found +400 odds on them. I refreshed the page about 2-3 times before actually placing the bet. I threw a large chunk on the home +400, and hedged alittle bit on the draw and away win (just enough that i would have lost just a bit on those two). About 10 minutes in, I went back to the page and apparently someone caught it, as the home win had changed to -400. Watched the match on justin.tv and nailed a 2-0 home win. Almost quadrupled my bankroll, all because my daughter wont goto sleep like a normal human being.

I love to hear these stories, anyone got one to share?

vmchockey
    vmchockey's Avatar Become A Pro!

Where do you find lines like this lol

GatorTD
    GatorTD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Bodog is where i got this one.