lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Argentina to win World cup +1000

Great odds for a team not many think can win it. The i think Maradona is an idiot factor is huge. Im very concerned about there defense but im telling you they way they qualified has something magical about it. They could make a huge run- they have the best player in the world arguably. I just have this funny feeling they are going very deep and i like the setup for them to get there. They have no one to fear from the group a or b. Once they get past that it gets a little tougher but they can hope on brazil choking(in not so warm weather like they always do) and play the dutch or par or chile. Trust me on this one Argentina can win the world cup. I know no one agrees with me right.

Czu81
    Czu81's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5709

Maradona great for motivation but I`m not sure about his manager abilities.

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

I think that value wise this is absolutely an OK play. I'll still go with Brazil myself at about +500, but Argentina at +1000 would be my second choice.

The jinx of European teams not being able to win the World Cup when stages outside Europe will not break this time around. Can't really see any other team than Brazil to be honest, but who knows - Maradona might make it work.

AssAn
    AssAn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Argentina is indeed great value, but I'd go with Spain +400 and Holland in the semi-finals +280.

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

The best bets are some African team to advance at least to the quarters and maybe even to the semis.
    FIFA knows how to make presents for the hospitable hosts

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

bad news for you is that I do indeed agree with you and already played it at +1100 a few weeks ago.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

If they can avoid listening to Maradona then they can definitely pull it off.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Think it's possible ... Once they start playing it is a different type of fuel .. They can catch fire .. Good luck to you if you take it

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

just took brazil yesterday +450 for 2u

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

It's either Spain or Brazil. These 2 have the best chemistry in their squads and get solid wins which is what you need in the WC. England will also go far but I can't see them play solidly as a team against the best in the world in such a compact amount of time. All England needs is for a few players like Rooney and Gerrard to underperform/go injured to end it for them completely.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by demize21 View Post
    just took brazil yesterday +450 for 2u

Why am i not surprised that you took Brazil?

Barroco
    El Nacional Moneyline
    Barroco's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

real good value but I really doubt that argentina can pull it off.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm just starting on my power rankings. The FIFA list is a mess. Ivory Coast at 22 and Australia at 23? lol
    Starting out very simple with overrated/underrated.

Overrated
    Brazil
    Holland
    England

Underrated
    Argentina
    Portugal
    Ivory Coast

I honestly don't see who beats Spain, but it's still very early.

demize21

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
    I'm just starting on my power rankings. The FIFA list is a mess. Ivory Coast at 22 and Australia at 23? lol
    Starting out very simple with overrated/underrated.

Overrated
    Brazil
    Holland
    England

Underrated
    Argentina
    Portugal
    Ivory Coast

I honestly don't see who beats Spain, but it's still very early.
    Brazil overrated best chance IMHO Spain or Brazil will win with outside chance of England and Argentina

demize21

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Why am i not surprised that you took Brazil?
    only comp i see is spain ,and maybe engalnd and arg

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Brazil overrated best chance IMHO Spain or Brazil will win with outside chance of England and Argentina

Weather angle for the World Cup, suggesting that Brazil has benefited disproportionally from summer heat.

1962 - Santiago - 33S27 (winner: Brazil)

1966 - London - 51N30 (winner: England)

1970 - Mexico City - 19N24 (winner: Brazil)

1974 - Munich - 48N08 (winner: West Germany)

1978 - Buenos Aires - 34N36 (winner: Argentina)

1982 - Madrid - 40N24 (winner: Italy)

1986 - Mexico City - 19N24 (winner: Argentina)

1990 - Rome - 41N54 (winner: West Germany)

1994 - Los Angeles - 34N03 (winner: Brazil)

1998 - Paris - 48N52 (winner: France)

2002 - Yokohama - 35N27 (winner: Brazil)

2006 - Berlin - 52N30 (winner: Italy)

RbN
    RbN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

Holland will take this, if they wont have any personal wars in the squid.

There's no team who can Match, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Van Persie, Robben, Elia, Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Kuyt, De Jong, Van Bommel etc.......... Holland attacking power is ****in huge.

What about Van der Wiel te youngster? Hes owning dani Alves already.

blackf1re
    blackf1re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Domenech aside they probably have the worst coach of all teams.

No way I'll put money on Argentina.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by RbN View Post
    Holland will take this, if they wont have any personal wars in the squid.

There's no team who can Match, Sneijder, Van der Vaart, Van Persie, Robben, Elia, Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar, Kuyt, De Jong, Van Bommel etc.......... Holland attacking power is ****in huge.

What about Van der Wiel te youngster? Hes owning dani Alves already.

holland is going nowhere like usual. they always choke and are more interested in fighting with each other. i love watching them play in the past when they had gullit and riijkaard and van basten, overmars, bergkamp. Never seen a nation waste so much talent.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I'm very familiar with the Dutch team. This is far from their best squad. For a team with this much offensive talent and this much ball possession, they have a very hard time finding the net. Robben and Van Persie can be great. Sneijder is good, but no Messi. The rest of the team is quite average. Defense is obviously the weak spot. Ooijer was already too slow two years ago. Van Bronckhorst is too old as well. If Van der Wiel makes the final squad, he will be the weakness on defense that opposing offenses will seek to explore. This defense is not good enough.

RbN

holland is going nowhere like usual. they always choke and are more interested in fighting with each other. i love watching them play in the past when they had gullit and riijkaard and van basten, overmars, bergkamp. Never seen a nation waste so much talent.
    Im from Holland. Your right, theres almost problems within our squad. Last time at the Europeans with Sneijder and Van Persie about a free kick . Anyways, things are looking better now under Van Marwijk, all the trouble makers have grown up a bit, so I give them a good shot of winning it.

Strange that you dont mention Cruijff? Or you didnt see him play?

@Dark Horse, Van der Wiel is a starter on Right back, and he is not much of a weakness. You should watch Ajax weekly, what a bullshit, he is the next super star who is going to make a big transfer. Ooijer is not in the starting line up, since its Mathijsen - Heitinga (who is doing great at Everton). Sneijder is no Messi ofcourse, total different footballers. On the left back it will be either Van Bronckhorst (which im not a fan of) or Braafheid, this is indeed the weakest spot. Rest of the team is average? What a joke. Van der Vaart? Hes showing more then his fellow big signing Kaka at Real. Van der Vaart is even a better player then Sneijder. What about the good old van Nistelrooy? Is getting fit at Hamburg and is a top striker, so is Huntelaar. Seen Elia at HSV? He was sensational before his injury. Kuyt? A all time starter at Liverpool, not a technician, but he got his own qualities. De Jong? Regular at Man city, really good defensive midfielder, although he have to watch his tackles a bit. Van Bommel? Great captain, each teams needs a guy like him.

Our attacking potential is worlds best. Defense is solid, dont need to be superstars, didnt we have the less goals against in the WC qualification right?

Your from Belgium.
    Last edited by RbN; 03-10-10 at 11:06 AM.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Im from Holland. Your right, theres almost problems within our squad. Last time at the Europeans with Sneijder and Van Persie about a free kick . Anyways, things are looking better now under Van Marwijk, all the trouble makers have grown up a bit, so I give them a good shot of winning it.

Strange that you dont mention Cruijff? Or you didnt see him play?

@Dark Horse, Van der Wiel is a starter on Right back, and he is not much of a weakness. You should watch Ajax weekly, what a bullshit. Ooijer is not in the starting line up, since its Mathijsen - Heitinga (who is doing great at Everton). Sneijder is no Messi ofcourse, total different footballers. On the left back it will be either Van Bronckhorst (which im not a fan of) or Braafheid, this is indeed the weakest spot.

Our attacking potential is worlds best.
    I see a lot of Ajax. In my opinion Cruyff was the best player to ever play the game. I still love watching the Ajax-Inter Milan tape from 1972. Rock'n'roll football. The best. But today I don't like Ajax at all. They've lost their local, Amsterdam spirit, and are basically the victim of the European Union. They can no longer compete internationally, and they're the flagship of Dutch soccer. Dutch soccer is on the way down, including the national team.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Defense is solid, dont need to be superstars, didnt we have the less goals against in the WC qualification right?
    The qualification was nice and easy. Which tells me nothing. That's not the quality of opposition that will be seen in the World Cup.

demize21

Most successful team Brazil (5 titles) year for 2nd HEXA Brazil International Team turn Brazil squad is way toooooooooooooo DEEP

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Ok. We have a Dutchie cheering for Holland and a Brazilian cheering for Brazil.

World Cup must be getting close. lol

lakerboy

Most successful team Brazil (5 titles) year for 2nd HEXA Brazil International Team turn Brazil squad is way toooooooooooooo DEEP

Brother they were supposed to win last time as well. Hell they are supposed to win everytime.

RbN

I see a lot of Ajax. In my opinion Cruyff was the best player to ever play the game. I still love watching the Ajax-Inter Milan tape from 1972. Rock'n'roll football. The best. But today I don't like Ajax at all. They've lost their local, Amsterdam spirit, and are basically the victim of the European Union. They can no longer compete internationally, and they're the flagship of Dutch soccer. Dutch soccer is on the way down, including the national team.
    Cruijff was a great player, one of the best ever on this planet. Do you know Piet Keizer? You do not hear much about this guy, but some think he was even better then Cruijff, so did Cruijff himself say..

1970's was indeed the best, times has unfortunatly changed. Mid 90's were great too btw, one of the worlds best talented squads ever. Young Kluivert, Seedorf, Davids, de Boer, Overmars etc. What to think of Van der Sar? Finidi, Blind, Rijkaard, Litmanen (My hero)!!! That were some times.......

I have to admit my team Ajax has some pretty bad results the last years (5), this due to the constant change of new trainers, there was no good idea about it.

If you are are realy follower of Ajax (I sit in the Arena every homegame), you have to admit, Ajax is on their way back the past year. There is actually a idea behind it and we will keep Jol to build for years. We now have a very talented squad;

Van der Wiel, Alderweirald (from your country , he is a great defender), Vertonghen (Alderweirald is better), Eriksen (new Van der Vaart)...anyways could go on for years like this. We are climbing back the past few months to the top of the ligue, after a bad start. We still have a good shot of becoming champion, by beating Psv this Sunday. Anyways future looks bright again in the best football club ever.

demize21

Brother they were supposed to win last time as well. Hell they are supposed to win everytime.
    they didnt have as deep a squad last time ronaldo better days were behind him not saying its a gimme ,but this year i like their chances

demize21

Ok. We have a Dutchie cheering for Holland and a Brazilian cheering for Brazil.

World Cup must be getting close. lol
    im American born and raised i have a house in brazil as well as a wife but just pointing out the obvious better team this year 1 brazil 2 Spain that's how i see it!!!!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

A wife from Brazil. You did good.

Don't worry about the World Cup. Not this time.

RbN

im American born and raised i have a house in brazil as well as a wife but just pointing out the obvious better team this year 1 brazil 2 Spain that's how i see it!!!!
    Brazil got a alcoholic upfront .

Brazil team has lost a lot of quality the past years I think.....I liked players as Cafu, Dunga, Taffarel, Rivaldo, Bebeto

I can see Germany, Spain also as the big favorites. Yes the Germans, they have a great mentality altougt they dont have the most talented squad.
    Last edited by RbN; 03-10-10 at 11:32 AM.

demize21

A wife from Brazil. You did good.

Don't worry about the World Cup. Not this time.
    LOL once i went brazilian couldn't turn back in any eventwould be happy if brazil won estatic if America somehow pulled a rabbit out of their a$$ and as long as Argentina doesn't place very happy as well

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Cruijff was a great player, one of the best ever on this planet. Do you know Piet Keizer? You do not hear much about this guy, but some think he was even better then Cruijff, so did Cruijff himself say..

1970's was indeed the best, times has unfortunatly changed. Mid 90's were great too btw, one of the worlds best talented squads ever. Young Kluivert, Seedorf, Davids, de Boer, Overmars etc. What to think of Van der Sar? Finidi, Blind, Rijkaard, Litmanen (My hero)!!! That were some times.......

I have to admit my team Ajax has some pretty bad results the last years (5), this due to the constant change of new trainers, there was no good idea about it.

If you are are realy follower of Ajax (I sit in the Arena every homegame), you have to admit, Ajax is on their way back the past year. There is actually a idea behind it and we will keep Jol to build for years. We now have a very talented squad;

Van der Wiel, Alderweirald (from your country , he is a great defender), Vertonghen (Alderweirald is better), Eriksen (new Van der Vaart)...anyways could go on for years like this. We are climbing back the past few months to the top of the ligue, after a bad start. We still have a good shot of becoming champion, by beating Psv this Sunday. Anyways future looks bright again in the best football club ever.
    There's not enough money to compete with the top European leagues. If this had been the situation in the 1970's, there would never have been a great Ajax. Cruyff would have been gone at age 21. I'm sorry to see it, but that's the reality in Europe today. Ajax is the only of the original top teams that suffers from this, because the others play in the big leagues, where all the money is.

RbN

There's not enough money to compete with the top European leagues. If this had been the situation in the 1970's, there would never have been a great Ajax. Cruyff would have been gone at age 21. I'm sorry to see it, but that's the reality in Europe today. Ajax is the only of the original top teams that suffers from this, because the others play in the big leagues, where all the money is.
    What about mid 90s? where we did dominate europe winning the champions league in 1994-1995 and runner up in the next year cuz Juventus used drugs (yes this came out few years later).

In these times Ajax didnt have much money also like Juventus, Milan, Barcelona etc. Most of the people use the money as a big excuse, but still you can be very succesfull nowadays if there is a good brain behind the club and no trainer changes once or twice a year

demize21

Brazil got a alcoholic upfront .

Brazil team has lost a lot of quality the past year I think.....

I can see Germany, Spain also as the big favorites. Yes the Germans, they have a great mentality altougt they dont have the most talented squad.
    first off of your referring to Adriano his not even major factor in the squad don't forget about Fabiano kaka robinho kiebler the list goes on Adriano will bee in shape and sure will see him this weekends classico with vasco DA Gamma which fellow beast vagner love which may make the squad as well dunga has not made any final team and wont till last minute so be prepared cause all of your euro, Asia ,America , teams,etc the best players are BRAZILIAN with exception of 2 messi and C. Ronaldo

Read the quote and remember it!!!!

123 Last