statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

Man U vs Hammers

alright, i just took Under 3 -114 at 5Dimes. that relies not only on Ferdinand and Vidic returning, but both playing well and shoring up that shaky D. Nani is suspended and i can just see Man U getting an early goal and taking the air out of the ball. also, other than the 4:1 beat down Man U put on West Ham, 9 of the L10 between these two had 3 goals are less. Hammers gotta know they can't win a shootout here and i hope will play close to the vest. how bad would a draw be for a team that was facing relegation a few weeks back?

and Man U also has the Carling Cup final this weekend so hopefully Rooney goes off in the 2nd H with Man U leading and the final is 1 or 2-nil.

of course that whole falling 4 pts behind Chelsea thing might motivate Man U to play lights out for the full 90 minutes, but i hope not. think they do just enough to secure the win and finish with a clean sheet on the Hammers.

fellowallejo
    fellowallejo's Avatar Become A Pro!

Best of luck!!!

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Sound reasoning!

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

The problem is, United after a loss are terrifying, they usually win at least 3-0 and have handed out some proper thrashing on the bouncback after a loss.
    I think United score at least 3 though, either 3-0 or higher imo, west ham will not have a sniff all game, so it could end 2-0 but 3-0 is actually probably going to be the end result

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

I agree with Smogs...Utd playing at home after the loss they took over the weekend is going to be a thrashing. Man U 3-0.

H-BOMB
    H-BOMB's Avatar Become A Pro!

Rooney 2 or 3
    West Ham 0

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

I like under 3 and West Ham +2.

patblue03
    patblue03's Avatar Become A Pro!

good luck with that one

spartangreen
    spartangreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 479

lineups:

Man U
    Van der Sar
    Evra, Vidic, Ferdinand, Rafael
    Park, Fletcher, Carrick, Valencia
    Berbatov, Rooney

West Ham:
    Green
    Spector, Upson, Tomkins, Faubert
    Noble, Parker
    Behrami, Diamanti, Collison
    Cole

Wilforth
    Update your status

I'd rather do Under than Over here.
    1) WH aren't going to Old Trafford to win. So we won't have an "open" game.
    2) With Ferdinand and Vidic in the lineup, the prospect of a Man Utd clean sheet look very decent.
    3) With a 2-0 lead in the 2H, the likes of Rooney may be taken off.

Sforz
    SBR CHAT KING!
    Sforz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have small play on the over, good luck everyone

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

over is such a nice bet here....united will start aggresively

KingKolzig
    KingKolzig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 487

Quote Originally Posted by statnerds View Post
    alright, i just took Under 3 -114 at 5Dimes. that relies not only on Ferdinand and Vidic returning, but both playing well and shoring up that shaky D. Nani is suspended and i can just see Man U getting an early goal and taking the air out of the ball. also, other than the 4:1 beat down Man U put on West Ham, 9 of the L10 between these two had 3 goals are less. Hammers gotta know they can't win a shootout here and i hope will play close to the vest. how bad would a draw be for a team that was facing relegation a few weeks back?

and Man U also has the Carling Cup final this weekend so hopefully Rooney goes off in the 2nd H with Man U leading and the final is 1 or 2-nil.

of course that whole falling 4 pts behind Chelsea thing might motivate Man U to play lights out for the full 90 minutes, but i hope not. think they do just enough to secure the win and finish with a clean sheet on the Hammers.
    I took the under as well. Man u just played three days ago and AC milan a few before that, they might come out a bit sluggish, maybe even at like 90%. I also think if its 2-0 Man they might pull Rooney to get him ready for the next game. Berbatov scares me cause he can finish such a high percentage of his chances so even if Man is sluggish they can still score in bunches, but as others have said with fern/vidic coming back a clean sheet is very possible. Man u is explosive but they might be a step slower today, hopefully maybe even hear a comment by an announcer on that. I actually think this bet pushes with the edge to a 2-0 Man u win over something like 4-0 or 3-1...........

winM
    winM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should be Under 2.5!

fedtpels
    fedtpels's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8416

United 4-1 - Old Trafford will demand a huge win and they'll get it.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Quote Originally Posted by fedtpels View Post
    agreed

KingKolzig

they should also then demand a tub thumbing in the world cup final vs brasil

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

United after a loss are a different beast, Fergy is fuming and the team can't wait to get back onto the field and send the rest of the EPL a message, Old Trafford will be rocking tonight, this is an important game, Man U can't afford a slip up here. Expect maximum effort and motivation, if Rooney is on form WH defense could get abused.

KingKolzig

if Man u has any lead at halftime Rooney will play 55 minutes tonight

looch10
    looch10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

united are also -2 goals to chelsea in differential and 6 up on the gunners who have a slew of sitters upcoming.. i'm with those saying we'll see NO let up in Fergy tonight in front of an always-demanding home crowd.

GL

Wilforth
    Update your status

I'm not trying to disagree with you, but do fans always get what they demand?

looch10
    looch10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1565

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post

I'm not trying to disagree with you, but do fans always get what they demand?
    Ha true, but certain teams' fans definitely get what they want more than others..

Slainte
    Slainte's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Berbatov to score anytime, that's what i like, a bit fancy bet, but he has to score to please the Sir.

statnerds
    Put me in coach
    statnerds's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 103

nice job. you hooligans have turned this into one hell of a good thread.

every article i read made to sure to mention Fergy being all up in their asses. i don't like that. i am comfortable with it taking 4 goals to lose this one as i really see West Hammie being hard pressed to beat Van der Sar...should be Van der Sick cause he is the only reason they beat Milan. their defense was shit the last 2 games and with the return of F and V (i'm lazy) it should be a goose egg for the Hammers. think Man U puts a bigger emphasis on Defense today than on scoring.

i'm sure Man U puts much smaller importance on winning the Carling Cup than Premier or UEFA. if they blow out West Ham today i will fade the shit out of them vs Villa, cause Rooney needs to get some rest at some point. one related article was about nothing more than England not being able to survive WC without Rooney. not that Ferg Daddy gives a shit about that.

i think we all are in agreement that West Ham will probably not score today. how long will Rooney play with a 2 or 3 goal lead. i am fine with the push, although i did nearly take the Ov 3,3.5 at -138, but got scared like a little bitch and didn't do it.

i'm just thrilled Fox has both UEFA games live today

LostBankroll
    who is the bitch in my avy???
    LostBankroll's Avatar Become A Pro!

This thread started as a sure under game and you hooligans have switched it upside down. I cant make my mind now. However, alot of good info here so it isnt all bad. Under 3 small, BOL to all.

JRLM8
    JRLM8's Avatar Become A Pro!

Soccernet and MUTV say this is the line up:
    Foster

Neville
    Brown
    Vidic
    Evra

Valencia
    Scholes
    Gibson
    Anderson

Rooney
    Berbatov

Subs: Kuszczak, Evans, Rafael, Fletcher, Park, Diouf, Owen

West Ham:

Green

Faubert
    Tomkins
    Upson
    Spector

Behrami
    Kovac
    Noble
    Diamanti

Franco
    Cole

Subs: Štěch, Da Costa, Daprelà, Collison, Dyer, Ilan, Mido

West Ham can easily score against Brown.

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

That is the correct lineup JRLM8. Don't know why an incorrect one was posted earlier today. This is a weakened United team to me and I'm glad I'm not on the over for this one.

I absolutely hope it hits for all of you who are on it though! Foster in goal should really take you some way there!

Fun stat: Man U have lost 9 games this season of which Wes Brown has played 7. And he hasn't played that many games.
    Last edited by Gargamel; 02-23-10 at 01:31 PM.

pitman
    Gmbln isthesureway 2getnothin frm sumthn
    pitman's Avatar Become A Pro!

man U to keep a clean sheet. final score 4-0

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Quote Originally Posted by JRLM8 View Post
    Foster Neville Brown Vidic Evra Valencia Scholes Gibson Anderson Rooney Berbatov
    Am I the only one who likes to see Valencia there ... he is flat nasty on the wing and causes massive problems .... (ie.) Champions League game when he came on as a sub and the goal barrage started

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Thinking about canceling my over after all of this chatter about the weekend and upcoming games

samitarian
    samitarian's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post

Am I the only one who likes to see Valencia there ... he is flat nasty on the wing and causes massive problems .... (ie.) Champions League game when he came on as a sub and the goal barrage started
    he contributes a fair share, but don't really like his style myself. He's supposed to be a direct, powerful winger but put a defender in front of him and all he'll do is pass sideways and backwards

aceking
    aceking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31

3 -0 final score
    Quote Originally Posted by pitman View Post
    man U to keep a clean sheet. final score 4-0