thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

football season 2k bitcoin challenge

Always wanted to keep a thread but don't really have the time.

Trying to get 2000 off SBR during football season, which I consider starting August 25, and ending Super Bowl Sunday.

This will be by any means necessary, contests, poker (although I stopped playing when they ran the World Cup, and from the looks of it may be gone soon altogether!, but I hope they do some sort of contest during football season), bets, giveaways, etc.

The checkpoints look something like this:

August 25-Sept 6 (first nfl game and first graded prick game) 50
    each week prick (100 X 17)
    that last odd month 250

Granted, it will not work out that easily, and I will probably have to take some big chances to get to the mark, but at least its a road map for me to try to stay on.

There are some additional notes:

1. I will allow myself 3000 (pre interest) in loans since I will have to renew during this time period. If I still owe on the loans, I will consider it a win.

2. I really started this weekend, but I didn't have time to lay all of this out. I will count anything I can accumulate in the next 2 weeks, but I wont cash out anything until the 25th at the earliest.

3. If there is no poker contest during this football season, I will change this to a 1k challenge. I am sort of counting on this to happen, as there has always been one that has a "championship" in early January.

4. I put this in soccer, because a lot of my bets will be here. I didn't want to clutter players talk or the american football forums with this challenge.

5. I will post thoughts occasionally, and big activity I have either way.

2000 feels like a lot, but I will try it. I cashed in prick two years ago and did horrible last year (although I had a chance to cash in the bag contest as of the 425 games on the last day). Also, I have been very close to cashing the bowl contest the last 2 years, but no cigar. With that said, if they add the bag contest again, that will be a big help but I don't think that is going to happen.

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

that will be difficult unless you get a decent score in one of the football or poker contests...gl

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    that will be difficult unless you get a decent score in one of the football or poker contests...gl
    yes i know, especially when i keep losing games like washington last night, spain u20 this morning (went from a win to a win/push with 2 late usa goals after the 80th minute), i could go on and on.

actually 11-1 in the streak contest this month, even though i lose every bet i make on baseball somehow. my only loss was when i had the jays +1.5 and they were down 1 in the bottom of the 9th tied it and got blown out in the 10th inning.

got 2nd in the king of the hill contest which was good for nothing

been very close on here many times

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47523

2k in a year is doable..will be rooting for you.

calforce
    calforce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    yes i know, especially when i keep losing games like washington last night, spain u20 this morning (went from a win to a win/push with 2 late usa goals after the 80th minute), i could go on and on.

actually 11-1 in the streak contest this month, even though i lose every bet i make on baseball somehow. my only loss was when i had the jays +1.5 and they were down 1 in the bottom of the 9th tied it and got blown out in the 10th inning.

got 2nd in the king of the hill contest which was good for nothing

been very close on here many times
    want to take +190 ml go with bet365,they will pay after 2-0 lead even if the lead later tank like Spanish girls or cash out anytime on 1-0 lead

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by calforce View Post
    want to take +190 ml go with bet365,they will pay after 2-0 lead even if the lead later tank like Spanish girls or cash out anytime on 1-0 lead
    im in usa so no bet365 just yet

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

played poker for the first time in a long time on here last night

i got 2nd place with a severely crippled stack at the end

i altered how i used to play and folded one hand which would have busted me early that i would have probably played before

did win with 910s>10js after flop was 889 and he flopped OESFD and we got it in short stacked blind v blind
    Last edited by thetrinity; 08-14-18 at 10:31 AM.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    2k in a year is doable..will be rooting for you.
    agree that a year would give me more time but definitely during the prick contest/football season points will be most readily available, so the playing field is at least tilted during that timeframe

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

Got the min cash in poker last night, lost with a10 (shoving 2100 with 200 400 blinds) to j10s allin preflop when the other player called from the button, should have been an easy fold IMO. Never had any chips, I had just doubled up the hand prior. Think my high watermark was 3k.

Won 175 in trivia this morning with a 10 point question that was "what year did jeter win rookie of the year" lol

Should cash in the MLB runline contest although I was 2nd almost the whole time until a couple days ago.

ironically, im in the midst of an awful run of everything outside of this site

MalikHusam
    I LIKE IT
    MalikHusam's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 842

good luck

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

have been playing poker more often then usual, cashed 3 out of 5 tournaments last week

trying to play with betpoints in what i view as decent games, and pretty much using the poker points first available

must be freezing in hell, just got a lucky win with liverpool -1.5 late

personally, will look to take liverpool and city often this season, as they look miles better than everyone else

did place a bet on the bash poker tournament for bigorange to last longer than sinmiedo, but the limit is very low FWIW (100 points)

not really any value in guys to win outright IMO

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

random epl/mls thoughts, as well as football and poker:

1. I do think this will end up being very tight between city and pool for top of the table. City were robbed of 2 points Saturday, that may come back to bite them. It will be interesting to see how klopp and pep manage the teams around champions league games this fall. I pretty much expect 3 points from each team when they have full weeks unless maybe they are at one of the big boys, none of which seem to be as good as them IMO.

2. MLS, what a fuckin crapshoot this shit is. I lost track with how bad Ive done on it . In my unexpert opinion, games will get tighter now as they reach the end, so maybe unders will have some value as goals have been flying in all year.

3. I will go for a big parlay this weekend in ncaa with freeplays, as I usually do. went 5-1 last year, got pretty unlucky on marshall miami ohio game, would have paid about 7k points. I do the same with nfl week 1.

4. I kind of like the new poker series, but didn't really care for the temporary tournaments they did this week. I should be able to get 4 games for sure a week, but the 5th game will be hard potentially, as one night I will have limited time. I will pretty much do the rollovers in any game due to lack of traffic, but for betpoint play, I need to be more selective. A lot of rake at the lower stakes if you play heads up. I will try to avoid betpoint/heads up play unless its for bigger stakes if I have more points.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears

havent updated this for a while been busy

did have a bad week of poker (0/5), cant remember the last time that happened

monday: had qq lost to k9 on 568 flop allin

tuesday: had kk vs jj vs a10 vs aq all in about 5 minutes in and lost

wednesday: ridiculously carddead, bubbled

thursday: was a doing a million other things, dont remember much at all

friday: took a stand with kj on 10qx board when i shoved a PSB into a min reraise preflop. he called with ak and won. maybe could have done this one differently, but it couldnt have been so bad either. was like 2 tables left.

a lot of things going on and i wasnt able to make many bets on this site, but i have close to around 100 in bitcoin (yet to actually cash out), which isnt so bad for now consider, especially since poker went bad

have 500 fp, going to try another parlay with nfl. thats like my way to christen the season