Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Milan - Man Utd Discussion

With the next stage of the Champions League just a day away and the mouth-watering Milan/Utd clash at the San Siro, i though we could get opinions on this game.

I think Man utd are in a good spot here although they did lose 3-0 here in their last encounter i believe.
    The way United played and set themselves up at Arsenal makes me think that there are very few teams who are capable of preparing themselves as well as the EPL champs for games like this.
    The atmosphere will be amazing but it won't faze Utd at all i don't think, and they are much better than Milan, albeit in these game they do pick themselves up for it.

I like Utd DNB and the under which is a shocking price of nearly -200

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Given the current state of both defenses, I'd go with this value bet:

1H Over 1.5 (+250)

theplagy
    Spurs !
    theplagy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

i wouldn't pay -200 for that under. rather go for under 2.25 at -130

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Smogs,

I will take the opposite of you on this game. I believe that Milan has proven in the last few games that they are in much better shape, they look reborn and are at home.

I see that both teams will open up and play there best, however, it will be determined by their strikers on how the end result will be. Therefore, staying away for the O/U.

I am on MILAN for this particular match up.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm seriously considering 1H Over 1.5 (+250). Asking for 2 goals in the 1H of this game isn't too much. We can have one open play goal and a penalty (Ronaldinho is now good at "creating" penalties).

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd favor the over in this one. Milan's defense just isn't that strong. Both teams have great attacks. United will want to get on the board with the importan away goals. Milan will want the outright win. I think this could have plenty of opportunities for goals.

I see Over 2 at -119, love that. I don't think there are less than two goals in this one.

theplagy
    Spurs !

1H over .75 @ -112 is pretty good choice too if you like the over.

One thing i like about over, a game can stay under for so long all it takes is just a bs goal to rob your money.
    But once it has gone over, nothing can take that away from you

JRLM8
    JRLM8's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am going draw.

Here is the 21 called up for Milan tomorrow: Abbiati, Dida, Abate, Antonini, Bonera, Favalli, Jankulovski, Kaladze, Nesta, Oddo, Thiago Silva, Ambrosini, Beckham, Flamini, Gattuso, Pirlo, Seedorf, Huntelaar, Inzaghi, Pato, Ronaldinho. Unavailable players: Borriello, Zambrotta.

Rumor has it: Beckham will start. Pato, Ronaldinho, and Huntelaar will lead the attack. And Silva is fit to start along side Nesta in the back which is the best defense Milan has to offer. Still don't know if they can stop Rooney though.

Josu
    Josu's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

Beckham to score 5.00

C'mon, you know it's happening. It's too awesome for it not to happen.

rfr3sh
    Blind Knucklehead
    rfr3sh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 604

haha doubt beckham will score..whats the odds on Man U Team total?

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I'd favor the over in this one. Milan's defense just isn't that strong. Both teams have great attacks. United will want to get on the board with the importan away goals. Milan will want the outright win. I think this could have plenty of opportunities for goals.

I see Over 2 at -119, love that. I don't think there are less than two goals in this one.

Good Price.

theplagy
    Spurs !

Quote Originally Posted by Josu View Post
    Beckham to score 5.00

C'mon, you know it's happening. It's too awesome for it not to happen.
    Is he the PK taker as well? or is Ronaldinho?

JRLM8

Ronaldinho takes PKs.

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

1-1 draw in this game.

blackf1re
    blackf1re's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 319

Took ManU @2.85 couple of days ago. Watched Milan play Udine at the weekend and despite comfortably controlling the game the visitors more than once got behind the Milan defense quite easily and scored two goals as well.
    They are known for being able to raise their game but this isn't the same Milan from 2003-2007. Well it is, but they're all much older now xD
    Another huge factor: Dida. Just get the ball to him and he will find a way to **** it up. Unbelieveable that he is still number one.

bruceBRUCEbruce
    bruceBRUCEbruce's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1959

can't play an under at that price with the state of both these squads defenses.

tonyno
    tonyno's Avatar Become A Pro!

It is a tough match to call. By looking at the stats, it seems that Milan has the upper hand. But they haven't been playing very well lately but they will be playing at home and that's a great advantage. Man U on the other hand might be missing couple players because of injuries.
    I would go with Milan to win or the draw.

akerber
    akerber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1533

If Thiago silva dont play (he was injuried last milan game against udinese), I like over. If he play, I will pass.

pokerpro44
    Update your status
    pokerpro44's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1038

i like the draw also

Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Not much help but I'd avoid this one. United tend to close down matches away from home in Europe, and price on under isn't good enough. They are a very different team in Europe, especially away.

Only thing I'd consider betting on this one is draw.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

I think Utd will be looking for 1 goal obviously and will get it. I like the over here as well. I do believe that there are 3 better games to bet on than this one.

Lyon/Madrid over 2.5 at +ev is great value.

JRLM8

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Lyon/Madrid over 2.5 at +ev is great value.
    Completely agree!

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

vidic still injured, milan has no problems from this point of view,
    i think the rossonerri will win. im surprised they have such a big odd, like man utd is the same team as last year. the victory against arsenal was rather a lose from arsenal, they were too naive...the same happenend in the match against celski.
    i like both milan and inter to ualify, tbh. especially inter.
    I also think the italians are going to regain teritorry lost in the last years

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Milan will be going all out on this one, because they don't have any hope at Old Trafford. I think United will get the 1 or 2 away goals they need to finish it off at home.

The over 2.5 is at like 2.40, I think I'm going with that or the draw.
    Last edited by JOHON8; 02-15-10 at 02:01 PM.

protein
    protein's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 751

I try to get not too emotional

Milan is in great attacking shape (anyone who watched the Udinese game knows). I see Huntelaar willing to prove big time along with Ronaldinho. If Pato is in shape there should be no problem on the attacking at all.

Midfield is great as always but Iīm seriously afraid of the defence. Iīm repeating myself I know but the joke between the bars - Dida - is the biggest threat. Defence - myself wanna see Zambro back in lines really soon but unfortunately it will not happen tomorrow. Becks - will not score to my mind but would be great to have it happen.

No matter as an admirer of Catenaccio I see the game tomorrow go easily Over 2,5 and I can not leave my feelings out of the pick so Iīll ad Milan to it. So itīs parlay for me:
    Milan @ 2.98 and
    O 2,5 @ 2.4

Shit itīs exiting!

Anyway Good Luck with all of Your picks, no matter which side. Letīs hope for great game and no Injury!

moiz615
    moiz615's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 301

Might be a quite game, Scoring at San Siro is always been difficult. Might be a draw and then Manyoo kicking them in OT by 1-0 or 2-0.
    Points Awarded:

jiyebhutto gave moiz615 6 SBR Point(s) for this post.

lakerboy

One thing that wont happen is that both italian teams are not going thru. In fact i doubt any of them get thru. Chelsea and MAnu will go thru.

protein

One thing that wont happen is that both italian teams are not going thru. In fact i doubt any of them get thru. Chelsea and MAnu will go thru.

protein

Quote Originally Posted by moiz615 View Post
    Might be a quite game, Scoring at San Siro is always been difficult. Might be a draw and then Manyoo kicking them in OT by 1-0 or 2-0.
    OT?

Youīre missing something? Itīs first leg game. 2nd will be in Old Trafford with potential overtime.

ManU is great opponent thatīs true on the other hand.

protein

Wanna bet on that? I say it not to happen. Letīs make it x betpoints I bet agains Your call?

I bet on both (ManU and Chelsea) not succeed. So I Lay Your call.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

I hope Utd + Chelsea loose away in 1st leg, so that the odds go up when I bet on them both to qualify in the 2nd leg at home.

lakerboy

Quote Originally Posted by protein View Post
    Wanna bet on that? I say it not to happen. Letīs make it x betpoints I bet agains Your call?

I bet on both (ManU and Chelsea) not succeed. So I Lay Your call.

sure no problem. if they both(man u and chelsea) go thru you give me 50 points and if both italian teams(milan and inter) go thru i give you 75 points. sound fair.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

We don't want value guys, we want winners.

protein

sure no problem. if they both(man u and chelsea) go thru you give me 50 points and if both italian teams(milan and inter) go thru i give you 75 points. sound fair.
    Deal!

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy

Reasons why this game is so risky (Milan v Utd)
    -Milan are going all out, even if they get scored on early they will push to get a narrow win to have a chance at Old Trafford.
    -United scored 3 goals away from home vs Arsenal, but more recently scored only 1 vs Villa.
    -Milan dissected Real Madrid at home with Pato, and Pato is playing tommorow.
    -It's a CL game.
    etc... etc...

in summary: I think the over 2 (2.4) and tie (3.0) are probably the best options... any thoughts?

123 Last