frugalgambler
    frugalgambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6810

Croatia@Russia friendly

Russia is fielding 10 reserve players tomorrow, Croatia has promised an attacking style and they are playing their best players. Just keep this in mind, if you plan to bet on this. No doubt the reserves will be trying hard to impress the coach but the quality might not be there.

chuda
    chuda's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14266

just info to add...

Cacic will try out 4-4-2 formation, with Mandzukic and Nikola Kalinic as attacking duo

Posible line-up: L. Kalinic – Srna, Vida, Leskovic, Pivaric – Perisic, Badelj, Brozovic, Pranjic – Mandzukic, N. Kalinic.
    Unavailable: Corluka, Subasic, Lovren, Modric, Antolic, Kovacic, Rakitic, Halilovic, Pjaca, Pranjic

after all talks that Russia could play totally different lineup around in internet , there is strong chance for this line up:

Igor Akinfeev, Dmitri Kombarov, Aleksei Berezutski, Sergei Ignashevich, Yuri Zhirkhov, Igor Denisov, Denis Glushakov, Aleksandr Samedov, Roman Shirokov, Fyodor Smolov, Artyom Dzyuba

if so, that`s strong line up...

frugalgambler

Projected by whom ? Only Shirokov is expected to start of the lineup above. Of course, there is a chance that the Russian coach was joking when he made his statement, but as of now there are no reports that Russia will NOT be fielding their B squad.

chuda

yes. most likely they will field 2nd b team ... and probably 6 changes will be done by 65`min anyway...
    i am just sayin Russia`s 2nd team is strong enough....

you said in first post Croatia playing their best players...
    without Corluka, Subasic, Lovren, Modric, Antolic, Kovacic, Rakitic, Halilovic, Pjaca, Pranjic and Mandzukic on a bad form, as well as Croatian boss promised to give a chance to youngsters as well... that`s just about 2nd b team for Croatia there as well...

frugalgambler

Hmm, I guess I was wrong about Croatia playing their best players. Should be an interesting match. I am hoping for goals. I am gonna be rooting for Croats.

chuda

i was thinking goals as well as line is ok...
    over 2.0 goals @ 1.87 ...

both is likely to get goal here...

frugalgambler

F.ck yeah, Croatia ! Got from 0-1 to 2-1 in two mins. Mama likes.

chuda

great football...end to end... proper "friendly"

whareouttogetme
    whareouttogetme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4195

Good call, seems Russia fell apart after that first Croatia goal

I wish Mandzu would score for Juventus though

frugalgambler

Well, this is what was expected to happen with Russia not playing Akinfeev and their usual defensive line. It took longer than I expected though and it was stressful. Had Croatia +0.5 @-140 & o2.5 &+160.