rjt721
    rjt721's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 378

AC Milan/Liverpool

Who does everyone like this Wednesday?

I'm leaning to Milan and the over.

Razz
    Razz's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'll say this. The value lies with Liverpool, but I think they will lose - though at this point, betting against Gerrard in a game of this magnitude is foolhardy. I don't expect a repeat of the 3-3 game two years ago at all, in fact under may be the best play.
    I'm in a strange position that is probably going to lead to me not betting the game at all. I have a future on Liverpool to win the Champions League. Unfortunately, it was a relatively small bet. Also unfortunately, I think Milan will win this game, but the line is too high because of the domination against Man U. Liverpool's back four is much, much better than Man U's was in that game, but I think the line seems to really reflect that 3-0 result more than it should.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm staying with Milan, same as in their last game. I could see this turn out very similar as their last outing against ManU. With AC Milan very effective in front of goal, and Liverpool struggling to get a shot off. I don't see hard working, but technically limited Liverpool striker Dirk Kuyt do any damage against the master defenders from Milan. Liverpool will be all work and Milan all finesse. This should be over in 60 minutes. With Kaka as man of the match.

BigBollocks
    BigBollocks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Soccer is the only sport in the world I can sit down and watch as a fan. I just love the athleticism displayed on the pitch. I don't anticipate having a nickel on the game as I think they've got this line set dead right (ok, ok, I'll probably put something in anyways), but I can't wait for this ****ing game! GL to all with wagers pending...

vanman
    vanman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liverpool will defend for their lives and try to tire milans ageing team and then hit them on the counter.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Eh I see Milan at +125 on the ML. I think that's gonna be my play here. Going for the draw at +200 is the only other way I would play.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 05-23-07 at 12:47 AM.

adriano
    all-in
    adriano's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'm currently thinking of making a play on the draw in regular time. Bet the same in the UEFA and FA cup finals, will this be a repeat or a bust?

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Go for AC Milan babe!!!

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

AC Milan wins 1-0 is my prediction. Notice how Liverpool lost to Man U and Chelsea this year 1-0. Not to mention that 1-0 is the favorite score that Liverpool likes to lose.

bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Liverpool here guys.

Razz

LOL. ESPN has been advertising "two main weapons - Crouch and Gerrard" all week, and Crouch isn't even starting. He'll probably play 25 minutes or so, but I still think this is pretty funny.
    I'm saying 2-0 Milan, even as I root for Liverpool. Hope I'm wrong.

Kaka 24'
    Gilardino (sub) 88'

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I can't believe the lines for this game. From the three-way results (not two), right now, a few minutes before kickoff:
    Milan -170 (WSEX) and Milan +138 (Matchbook).

Razz

The wrong team is winning right now.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Nice win. Milan +140. You know Milan is going to sit back when they're up at the half in a big game. Soccer may be the only sport I know of where you don't get punished for that.

Liverpool totally lacked imagination. I think their only chances came off balls lost by Milan defenders. Apart from the last minute consolation goal.

GatorFan
    GatorFan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yeahhhhhhhh! AC Milan is the champ.

leo
    leo's Avatar Become A Pro!

It was the most boring game i have ever seen in the cl final.AC did nothing, Reds did nothing, Referee was bad...
    Only i like Oddo in the pitch...

adriano
    all-in

Right. The worst final game i've seen in a big competition. Phew!

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Quote Originally Posted by leo View Post
    It was the most boring game i have ever seen in the cl final.AC did nothing, Reds did nothing, Referee was bad...
    Only i like Oddo in the pitch...

Err... Just how many have you seen? With a rare exception the CL final (before that European Cup 1) has the patent on 'unwatchable'.

tacomax
    SBR Problem Poster 2007-08
    tacomax's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1167

Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    Right. The worst final game i've seen in a big competition. Phew!
    I'm a Liverpool supporter and I thought it was a cracker. The wrong team most definitely lost but hey, that's football - you can't win 'em all.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Guys. This is a sportsbetting forum. You don't bet with your heart. You bet with your brains. If you want to see fancy soccer game go watch the preaseason friendlies. There is too match money at stake on final to risk with playing fancy game.

adriano
    all-in

Liverpool definitely should have tried harder in the 2nd half. Pitch was heavy, but still the whole game seemed like played in slow motion to me.

I'm a fan of the game and for me, this game was more than frustrating to watch. I think i'm spoiled.

A real cracker was the UEFA cup final - Sevilla-Espanyol.

Razz

Quote Originally Posted by adriano View Post
    A real cracker was the UEFA cup final - Sevilla-Espanyol.
    One of the best five games I've had a chance to see this year. Just off the top of my head, Spurs 4-3 West Ham, Chelsea 1-2 Spurs, Man U 1-2 Arsenal, Real Madrid 3-3 Barcelona and the Sevilla-Espanyol game, which about 10 different times I thought Sevilla had won.