infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

One of worst soccer beats ever

Had OVER 12.5 corners in Bayern Munich game. Stuck on 12 corners at the 90:50 mark…:10 left to play of the +1 minute of stoppage time to go…Baynern gets awarded the 13th corner and the ref blows right as it looks like Bayern sends it in play.

Wow.
    Last edited by infamousbacardi; 03-11-15 at 05:22 PM.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

ESPN soccernet stats say 13 corners. Anyone think I have a gripe here??

camelbreath$
    camelbreath$'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6575

Bad, but how much could you possibly have had on a prop like that? I've lost $500 bets on 93rd minute dives awarded as PK's, so there are probably worse beats you could have

You may also win it since it was awarded... gotta check the rules on the prop if it had to be taken to count

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

I went into BM chat and they said they will re-grade and it will be posted in 15 min. Wow.

Here is ESPN Soccernet link showing 13 corners, and commentary says corner awarded right before final whistle.

http://www.espnfc.us/gamecast/statis...tatistics.html

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Now live chat is saying they just got a response from wagering…I assume they will now say staying it as a loser.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Flash score showed 12

Uefa.com shows 12 too

GL though. Hope you get it

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Yeah but it happened w/ like literally :10 left so those sites may have stopped tracking it and just went into FT final mode. UEFA site is kind of scary, but come on…the CORNER was awarded before the final whistle!

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

BM live chat came back and said only 12, then I presented evidence that corner was awarded before final whistle, and they said, "let me check on that"

canadabetting
    canadabetting's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 541

I hope you get it dude

sjm5122
    sjm5122's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11889

Is there any language that specifically states whether it is 'corners taken' as opposed to 'corners awarded'?

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Live chat is citing to UEFA page now. The commentary is clear, the corner was awarded before the final whistle. I told BM live chat they should refund the wager as a no bet at a minimum. Just isn't fair, the corner was awarded very clearly w/ :10 left in stoppage time.

DA_MOSS
    Yepp
    DA_MOSS's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 676

Agreed

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by sjm5122 View Post
    Is there any language that specifically states whether it is 'corners taken' as opposed to 'corners awarded'?
    BM rules mention NOTHING about corner kick prop bets. That's exactly the point. Clearly there is a controversy here, and the player should get benefit of the doubt.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Here is there latest update in live chat. I'm gonna call them and they are going to screw me over.

I need you to contact us over the phone.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Speaking w/ Fabio now on the phone.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Of course he is saying he can't do anything for me. Told him I'd compromise and void the bet and he said, "why would you want to void the bet if you are so sure you won?"

I mean, that is a compromise regarding the controversy.

Ridiculous.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

He said they will give it extra consideration and look at the commentaries and to call them back in 20 minutes. I mean, BM is good site, hopefully they do the right thing.

jankay
    jankay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 708

If i were you i would cash out and go to a different bookie

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Here are the two commentaries on the sites, both Flashscore and Soccernet:

90+1'
    Robert Lewandowski (Bayern Munich) rises above the opponent's defence to head a precise cross towards the goal. His effort, directed to the bottom left corner, is blocked by Andrij Pyatov (Shakhtar) who pulls off a stunning save! The ball is out-of-play, and the assistant referee points at the corner flag. Bayern Munich will take it.

• 90'

Second Half ends, FC Bayern München 7, Shakhtar Donetsk 0.

• 90'

Corner, FC Bayern München. Conceded by Andriy Pyatov.

• 90'

Attempt saved. Robert Lewandowski (FC Bayern München) header from the centre of the box is saved in the bottom left corner. Assisted by Sebastian Rode with a cross.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

MATCH STATS

• Bayern Munich
    • Shakhtar Donetsk

25(13) Shots (on goal) 3(0)
    15 Fouls 5
    9 Corner kicks 4
    2 Offsides 2
    74% Time of Possession 26%
    2 Yellow Cards 1
    0 Red Cards 1
    0 Saves 6

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Spoke w/ Moe in the VIP department, he has agreed to split the wager with me. They will take half and pay half.

BM is classy, especially to VIP members. Very fair resolution IMO. Well done BM. Play their with confidence.

indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

The worst soccer beats are when you're +1 on the asian, you lead the game 3-0 outright with 10 minutes to play, and then the fans start throwing flares on the field and the match gets abandoned and your wager gets voided. That's a lot of fun.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

You're the one being classy. They should pay in full. Corner was awarded. Nowhere is it stated (@ any books I play) that it must be taken. 99% of the time the ref will extend play to allow a set piece to be taken. Have to assume it was a mercy whistle for Shakhtar.

cashin81
    hvob
    cashin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2416

william hill showing 12 corners. I guess if its not taken, then it didnt happen - is also an argument. Certainly if i had under, and most sites are saying 12 - id expect to paid too.
    anyway, good job for u.
    http://sports.williamhill.com/bet/en...r-Donetsk.html

gigicash
    gigicash's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 180

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    Had OVER 12.5 corners in Bayern Munich game. Stuck on 12 corners at the 90:50 mark…:10 left to play of the +1 minute of stoppage time to go…Baynern gets awarded the 13th corner and the ref blows right as it looks like Bayern sends it in play.

Wow.
    It has happened before in Portugal, Seria A more specifically , I don't know why refs keep on doing it without realizing or giving a shit. Even breaking the rules of football in my eyes. If the corner was awarded, it should be taken, whatever happens next is not important. But in my book in order for a game to end the ball has to be in play. Bookies should be more specific, and pay the winning bet.

But speaking of bad beats, on Sunday evening, I bet on Portland Timbers to beat LA Galaxy and the game to go over 2.5 and during the match also incl. last minute bets at very good odds, to make a fortune. 2min of additional time and Portland finally scored in the 91st minute to make it 2-1, guess what, LA Galaxy scored within seconds to make it 2-2 from a corner, couldn't even hedge. I barely realized what just happened and how the f. ball got there. Crazy indescribable feeling, all in a minute.

DRB
    DRB's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1278

I too had the Galaxy goal haunt me with the total ( push under 3 ) and the side ( Portland to win )
    I have been following soccer pretty closely for about 3 years and these late goals are just not to be denied

Good luck with Champions League and move on !