nskokov
    nskokov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Early thoughts on Brazil in third place game.

On the one hand, its clear both Argentina and Netherlands are a more cohesive unit and have more offensive talent than Brazil without Neymar. Brazil is demoralized, and winning third place at the World Cup to them is nothing to be proud of.

On another hand, Brazil is going to be pissed and want to put on a good show. They will be getting Silva back, and Arg/Ned are not as good as Germany.

I'd still be willing to take Brazil at even money against either of the other two teams. The public will probably be fading Brazil now, giving them some value towards kick-off, although I guess it depends on how the game tomorrow plays out. Thoughts?

sinmiedo
    sinmiedo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 369

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Goals, goals and lots of goals. Robben or Messi will run wild at the Brazil defence. Brazil knows that their defence sucks so they will adopt the you score 1 and I will score 2 kinda of football.

bosigga
    No Sleep Gang
    bosigga's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3706

really hope it's Argentina vs Brasil for the 3rd place game - would mean so much more and they would both be motivated I think

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Who is this "public" you speak of? What do you consider yourself an alien? A cow? What do you consider yourself? Maybe a so called "sharp" or so called "square"

Marillion
    Marillion's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3006

Quote Originally Posted by vasilli07 View Post
    Goals, goals and lots of goals. Robben or Messi will run wild at the Brazil defence. Brazil knows that their defence sucks so they will adopt the you score 1 and I will score 2 kinda of football.
    No.

First of all, Thiago Silva will play and that will be a HUGE difference. They have communicated well with David Luiz as central defenders. David Luis and Dante did not communicate at all.

Secondly, the Brazil coach will finally realize that his backs' attempts to run wild in attacks all match are pathetic. They played very aggressively against Germany. They won't do that on Friday because the possibility of another loss in such a manner is scary (even if not THAT highly probable).