Ratzz
    Ratzz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Team USA (media) is a joke.. (fans that actually predicted wins also too)

USA media is hilarious//
    you would think they went to the Final and lost.. on Penalty Kicks.. after two Extra Sessions... lol

Today's headlines read:

"Magical Run Comes to an End"

"Howard Sets Save Record" (16 saves)

they have to be kidding me..

1) how can something be called a 'magical run'
    if not more than a single game was won...

Team USA played 4 games total and won just 1 game (1-2-1)

2) the Team USA were Negative Goal-Differential for the entire tournament (-1)

3) sure, Howard set a record with 16 saves.. but that is not a "save record"
    it is a "shots on goal allowed".. USA set mark with 18 shots allowed

i have never seen a more reverse spin on outcome in recent memory.. hilarious

i watched a video with this USA fan.. mentally breaking down the World Cup..
    "well, this is the first time that the USA has gone to the knockout stage two times in a row.."
    "i think this is our year, USA wins it all"

there are teams that are in the knockout stage for more than 30 years consecutively..
    it's insanity..not sure if it is sad or hilarious. i guess both

strictlypaypal
    strictlypaypal's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4351

I think you have to give them big time props for making it out of that group in all honesty. That in itself is pretty big. Germany is a top 2 team, while Port is always up there and Ghana is also a very dangerous team, all 3 of these teams are so ahead of US on paper which is of course why they were given 0 chance, also the fact that Ghana knocked US out the last 2 tournaments, the opening victory is a big deal. I agree that most of those media quotes are exaggerated but you also cant knock the fact that nobody thought USA would be the team moving on with Germany

smb26
    smb26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 317

What the guy above me said was right. People were expecting the US to get raped in its group but they managed to do well. US soccer is on the rise and on 2018 they will definitely cross the round of 16 easily*, Belgium was lucky to go through. The game should have been decided by penalties and fukk that crap about how many shots on target Belgium had (I see a lot of games were a team dominates in possession and shots but they still lose), the US team was more efficient but they lacked the proper finishing of attacks.

*If you need to check some resources then go to EloRatings