qwertvt
    qwertvt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

A question about faking an injury

I have been trying to enjoy the World Cup but it is hard to get past all these grown men trying to sell an injury to the refs.

The flailing around on the field and facial grimaces that mirror those who have received a compound fracture is absurd.

This behavior ruins the game.

Are there rules in place where a player can be carded for faking an injury?

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Yes, but it happens so much, especially in certain countries that it has become part of the culture and ingrained in the game.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9204

Yes. Diving can draw a yellow card. Wish it would more often.

Was watching a WC panel discussion last night and one of the guys asked the Capt of the Australian women's soccer team if the woman rolled around in agony like the man, and she reckons you never see it in womens soccer.

You're right. The game would be much better if the men acted more like Men.

qwertvt

That's too bad. Other than attempting to sell a foul, this World Cup has been fun to watch.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

What I find stupid is when a guy faking a fall down when had he kept going he'd have a good shot on the goal, fake fall down hoping you get a penalty when it seems you had a better shot at scoring had you not fallen down.

qwertvt

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    What I find stupid is when a guy faking a fall down when had he kept going he'd have a good shot on the goal, fake fall down hoping you get a penalty when it seems you had a better shot at scoring had you not fallen down.
    I think it was the Switzerland v. Ecuador game that proves your point.

Less than 30 seconds left and a Swiss player advancing the ball is tripped up. A no call by the ref but the Swiss player jumps back up immediately and they score with just seconds left.