farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Should I parlay France & Argentina?

Seems like these two teams have the edge in their matchups.

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

Parlay France to win and Argentina to score. My book is allowing me to parlay that!!!! I parlayed Ivory Coast to score with France win. This does not seem right.

drfunkmaster
    printing it
    drfunkmaster's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1065

France and Honduras have never met before on any pitch. This is the inaugural collision between the European dynasty and their up and coming South American counterparts. Astonishingly, betting on Honduras can net any taker a handsome bounty if they dare offer at the massive take-back. Comparing the FIFA Rankings, France is slotted at number 17 overall. Honduras is ranked 33rd. This by no means implies that France is twice as good as Honduras or does this cast a shadow of impunity in Honduras’ qualification. The presumption is that France will win the match because they are a perennial European power, however not so long ago, the expectation of French superiority greatly diminished. Teams like Belgium and Greece usurped the French in the rankings and were suddenly held in higher distinction. With these notions considered, Greece and Belgium on average are lesser of a favorite against less quality opponents overall. Honduras should by no means be a heavy underdog, as their body of work en route to the World Cup was exquisite. The Hondurans pummeled fellow qualifier Costa Rica, they defeated America in the aggregate and they were a problem for Mexico. None of the three teams could come up with a win against Honduras. In fact, Honduras outscored these opponents 5-3. America is a 13th ranked football club, Mexico is ranked 19th respectively. Without question, Honduras can compete against top twenty opponents and France is no different. On a neutral pitch, Honduras is very capable of pulling off an upset. With a better than 10-1 incentive to the bold souls willing to place the bet, a victory by Honduras could be a sweet return on an enticing investment. Choosing Honduras with these odds may very well turn out to be the steal of the first week of the FIFA World Cup. Huge overlay.
    Points Awarded:

Bluedragon gave drfunkmaster 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

farmhouse1

Wow you know your soccer. That's interesting I was reading about how they choose these groups. Think I read that they basically pick them at random and pair a couple teams together in a group.. Also that their rankings in the World Cup don't truly reflect their actual defensive/offensive rankings. Good stuff man good luck. Definitely worth a shot if France isn't an actual superior team.
    Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    France and Honduras have never met before on any pitch. This is the inaugural collision between the European dynasty and their up and coming South American counterparts. Astonishingly, betting on Honduras can net any taker a handsome bounty if they dare offer at the massive take-back. Comparing the FIFA Rankings, France is slotted at number 17 overall. Honduras is ranked 33rd. This by no means implies that France is twice as good as Honduras or does this cast a shadow of impunity in Honduras’ qualification. The presumption is that France will win the match because they are a perennial European power, however not so long ago, the expectation of French superiority greatly diminished. Teams like Belgium and Greece usurped the French in the rankings and were suddenly held in higher distinction. With these notions considered, Greece and Belgium on average are lesser of a favorite against less quality opponents overall. Honduras should by no means be a heavy underdog, as their body of work en route to the World Cup was exquisite. The Hondurans pummeled fellow qualifier Costa Rica, they defeated America in the aggregate and they were a problem for Mexico. None of the three teams could come up with a win against Honduras. In fact, Honduras outscored these opponents 5-3. America is a 13th ranked football club, Mexico is ranked 19th respectively. Without question, Honduras can compete against top twenty opponents and France is no different. On a neutral pitch, Honduras is very capable of pulling off an upset. With a better than 10-1 incentive to the bold souls willing to place the bet, a victory by Honduras could be a sweet return on an enticing investment. Choosing Honduras with these odds may very well turn out to be the steal of the first week of the FIFA World Cup. Huge overlay.

Bluedragon
    Bluedragon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 531

"Usurped"

Great word.

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by drfunkmaster View Post
    An entire paragraph about France and Honduras and not even one player mentioned.

Soccer is about players on the pitch. Their chemistry. Coaching. And formations. That's all. It has nothing to do with lines, line movement, history, nothing.

This French team is way better than Honduras. Since you don't want to mention players, I won't. But the key players on France are all in their primes right now and they are simply in another league. To say France is the 17th best country in the nation is simply ludacris. I urge you to try and name me 5 better squads than the French. You cannot.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: heathaterno1, and smb26

farmhouse1

Ummmm okay goatsuckr please explains why Spain lost to the Dutch the ? Isn't Spain a team with lots of chemistry??
    Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    An entire paragraph about France and Honduras and not even one player mentioned.

Soccer is about players on the pitch. Their chemistry. Coaching. And formations. That's all. It has nothing to do with lines, line movement, history, nothing.

This French team is way better than Honduras. Since you don't want to mention players, I won't. But the key players on France are all in their primes right now and they are simply in another league. To say France is the 17th best country in the nation is simply ludacris. I urge you to try and name me 5 better squads than the French. You cannot.

farmhouse1

That's awes
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdrum78 View Post
    Parlay France to win and Argentina to score. My book is allowing me to parlay that!!!! I parlayed Ivory Coast to score with France win. This does not seem right.

farmhouse1

That's awesome I can't see that losing. GL man
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzdrum78 View Post

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Ummmm okay goatsuckr please explains why Spain lost to the Dutch the ? Isn't Spain a team with lots of chemistry??
    How old are you, 18? Goat sucker? I had Dutch winning that game.

Actually the Dutch right now have better chemistry. They came into the world cup blazing. Scoring goals at a ridiculous rate. Their players are all in their primes as well and Spain lost the heart and soul of their team in Puyol. Also if you knew anything you'd know Casillas has been out of shape for months and needs some time to adjust. You'd also know there's been some controversy within the team for a few months now. They are not the same united team they were before. But I think they will get there, with some more matches under their belt. Spain will be just fine. But right now the Dutch are simply better. Spain needs the group stage to experiment and start getting their rhythm. Then they will really start dominating.

You give me the runners up from 4 years ago, same players as then, only better, against a worse Spanish team than 4 years ago, with revenge part of the equation, for 5 to 1 odds? What kind of idiot would set those odds? Read all the articles you want, every soccer mind on sbr was thinking the same way I did.

Research what I predicted 4 years ago during the world cup on this forum -- all documented in threads -- research the teams I predicted would be in the world cup final and what the odds were for that to happen -- then come back to me and talk to me with respect. Thanks.

farmhouse1

Relax biiitch. I don't know jack about soccer but I'm assuming France is better then Fuxkin hondorus.
    How old are you, 18? Goat sucker? I had Dutch winning that game.

Actually the Dutch right now have better chemistry. They came into the world cup blazing. Scoring goals at a ridiculous rate. Their players are all in their primes as well and Spain lost the heart and soul of their team in Puyol. Also if you knew anything you'd know Casillas has been out of shape for months and needs some time to adjust. You'd also know there's been some controversy within the team for a few months now. They are not the same united team they were before. But I think they will get there, with some more matches under their belt. Spain will be just fine. But right now the Dutch are simply better. Spain needs the group stage to experiment and start getting their rhythm. Then they will really start dominating.

You give me the runners up from 4 years ago, same players as then, only better, against a worse Spanish team than 4 years ago, with revenge part of the equation, for 5 to 1 odds? What kind of idiot would set those odds? Read all the articles you want, every soccer mind on sbr was thinking the same way I did.

Research what I predicted 4 years ago during the world cup on this forum -- all documented in threads -- research the teams I predicted would be in the world cup final and what the odds were for that to happen -- then come back to me and talk to me with respect. Thanks.

sergiudec
    sergiudec's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 163

France is not a good team and will not be competitive for a long time to come. After the successes of the team which had Pires,Dessaily,Henry,Zidane,Vieira, etc., all other appearances after were regarded as "dissapointments" or upsets. Actually as the French say it themselves, these are not upsets. This IS the value of the French team atm. And more is not possible. The talent is there for sure but these players are not a team.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Joab101

heathaterno1
    heathaterno1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 62

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    like goat milk I also backed Holland to win. They made the last world cup final 4 years ago losing to spain in extra time. Thats how good they are. Dont back Horrendous I mean Honduras

GREGREEK
    GREGREEK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 512

Bosnia +1 +150. Throw $100 on Honduras to win or draw ( obviously 2 plays ). France WILL NOT WIN!

Joab101
    Joab101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 565

Quote Originally Posted by sergiudec View Post
    The talent is there for sure but these players are not a team.
    Spot on; the French have some great players but have trouble playing as a unit. Don't know too much about Honduras though, so I'll keep away from this one.

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Took Argentina and France to win by 1 or 2 (4 combo bets). Each bet is ~+1300
    Last edited by Deol; 06-15-14 at 01:04 PM.

nidalee11
    nidalee11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 138

i got france/argentina/switz parlayed

pintsonice
    pintsonice's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2226

Farm I like that parlay a lot.. Both teams should walk away with a win in my book, it hurts ribery is out but France has other dominate game changing players that Honduras just doesn't have. Argentina is an offensive power house but sketchy defense in my opinion with not a great goalie. Bosnia has a solid team and could put up a battle but I have a gut feeling Argentina finds a way to win. Gl with your pick though

farmhouse1

Good stuff man I'm definitely going to take the over in the Argentina game. Think both teams are capable of scoring goals. GL
    Quote Originally Posted by pintsonice View Post
    Farm I like that parlay a lot.. Both teams should walk away with a win in my book, it hurts ribery is out but France has other dominate game changing players that Honduras just doesn't have. Argentina is an offensive power house but sketchy defense in my opinion with not a great goalie. Bosnia has a solid team and could put up a battle but I have a gut feeling Argentina finds a way to win. Gl with your pick though

pintsonice

Yup I agree with you in gonna take that also.. Go to us pal

ParleyMoney
    ParleyMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 288

I see honduras tonight strongers that france, Paris Humidity: 57%, Porto Alegre Humidity: 77% plus 66.9º. Im sorry for the french, a lot of crambs tonight

Im taking most dogs this world cup because euroguys cant handle high humidity or strong temperatures.

bihon
    bihon's Avatar Become A Pro!

To say France is the 17th best country in the nation is simply ludacris. I urge you to try and name me 5 better squads than the French. You cannot.
    The FIFA can:
    http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/

I would say very correct table.
    Yes, France is dissapointment for a number of years, last WC finishing the last in their group, after very luckily reaching the tournament.

However to ease French supporter's rage I expect a big comeback of French team in this WC.
    France -2 against Honduras is my play.

pjj77
    pjj77's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1504

Quote Originally Posted by ParleyMoney View Post
    I see honduras tonight strongers that france, Paris Humidity: 57%, Porto Alegre Humidity: 77% plus 66.9º. Im sorry for the french, a lot of crambs tonight

Im taking most dogs this world cup because euroguys cant handle high humidity or strong temperatures.
    france's team is pretty african LOL, im sure they can handle the humidity

bob6199
    bob6199's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2477

lol France was an easy play Honduras sucks easily top 5 bottom team here...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by bihon View Post
    The FIFA can:
    http://www.fifa.com/worldranking/rankingtable/

I would say very correct table.
    Yes, France is dissapointment for a number of years, last WC finishing the last in their group, after very luckily reaching the tournament.

However to ease French supporter's rage I expect a big comeback of French team in this WC.
    France -2 against Honduras is my play.
    Yeah. Americans are better than the French. Fifa Rankings mean nothing. If France had Ribery in this cup I would bet anyone they would be a contender for the semis at minimum. I don't think you get how good the French are.

jazzdrum78
    jazzdrum78's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 306

There a lot of uninformed air bets going on. Only a complete bafoon would put any kind of money on Honduras. I'd rather buy a lap dance from a fat Honduran whore.

That said I bet 500 to win 400 on France 1H and got a wonderful bailout. Lol.

farmhouse1

France & Argentina parlay

farmhouse1

That's what up brotha.
    Quote Originally Posted by pintsonice View Post

pintsonice

Hell yuh my man we killed it yesterday