Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Match-up Wise Germany vs Brazil and Spain vs Argentina who has advantage?

Hypothetically speaking and baring no major injury i was looking at projected elimination brackets....

in the semi finals we could see

Spain vs Argentina

Germany vs Brazil

Are there any significant advantages in the way these teams matchup together?

Can Spain win a 1-0 shut out type game vs Argentina?

Can Germany generate enough offense against Brazil using the mid fielders to attack and not having an elite striker?

Will the humidity melt the Germans? Just curious if one of these teams created a real matchup nighmare for the others?

MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Germany win on penalties 1-1 goes to pens they win Brasil will be leading for most of the game 1-0 scared grinding it out then bang Germans get a goal 80-90 min and take it in pens

Argentina win like 4-3 or 3-2 will be high scoring game goals left right and centre whoever scores the most wins my feeling argentina score more and go to the final

Argentina vs Germany final

Germans win it 3-1 into extra time 1-1 2 goals in extra time

Take Germany to win the world cup if any fav wouldnt trust argentina all the way, imo germany better value than brasil, argentina, spain they are the best fav

Germany or England for me england because young players and can grind out a result abit like chelsea when they won the CL look at 3 lions against italy in the quarters they won on pens anything could of happened in the semis

Imagine taking england with huge odds and they grind it out to the semi or final??

England in a final imagine that they will win it

germans or england for outright

MakePwithMe
    MakePwithMe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

they say no european team has won it over there for how many years?

but records are mean't to be broken

this time i have a feeling we will have a shock winner its about time after spain, we will have a winner of the same magnitude as italy wc or greece euro mark my words

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

way too early to even care about this far ahead

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

Quote Originally Posted by MakePwithMe View Post
    they say no european team has won it over there for how many years?

but records are mean't to be broken

this time i have a feeling we will have a shock winner its about time after spain, we will have a winner of the same magnitude as italy wc or greece euro mark my words
    i was looking back at the odds going into the 2006 world cup in Germany and Italy who won it was far
    from the favorite at 17/2 odds...

Then ofcourse Spain at 3 to 1 odds won last go around in South Africa..

So its not like a mild upset can't happen. I keep hearing the same thing about no European team
    can win the world cup in South America but if it's strictly b/c of Climate I just dont see it...

i mean these are world class athletes you would think they could go somewhere hot and humid and run a bunch of sprints and get in real good physical shape.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor

I was also reading some crazy shit about how Brazil has to win this World Cup to save their country and how the refs will give them all the calls etc...

Also saw a little article about how Germanys goalie has a shoulder injury and its not certain he will play or something.

Another thing that scares me about Germany is that Italy seems to have Germany's number and if they end up facing Italy they could get beat again.