JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

How do you "handicap" world cup matches?

2010 south Africa there was an issue with the ball, the players could not keep it down. WC qualifiers are so far in between, using them for statistical analysis could be misleading. New players. New coaches.

Seems like its better to wait until after the group stages...

Kros
    Kros's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1150

World Cup is once in a 4 year, so we can't say there is big experience in that.
    It's really hard to bet on WC games, at least for me. National team selectors are usually not on that position for more than 2 years, also players are changed for every game. One qualification cycle that last for 2 years teams are playing usually only 10 games, and all players are having ups and downs during that period. Often somone unexpected explodes on WC.
    Tactic is of the great importance. You have 3 games in group in short time, so manager has to calculate in every momment what could happend. WC is usually blind betting, unless you are football expert.

Glasse
    Glasse's Avatar Become A Pro!

Me personally cant wait for the WC matches. Got a few picks in mind already but to early to really play them now.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by Glasse View Post
    Me personally cant wait for the WC matches. Got a few picks in mind already but to early to really play them now.
    who do u like as a to win the group bet?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

pay attention to these friendlies going on right now, lean to first games being low scoring and second games being high scoring, the third game of the group you should have a decent idea of strength of the teams.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    pay attention to these friendlies going on right now, lean to first games being low scoring and second games being high scoring, the third game of the group you should have a decent idea of strength of the teams.
    probably none of them on tv right?

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post
    probably none of them on tv right?
    some of them are. mexico israel is on tomorrow. all of them are online

ap1ftw
    ap1ftw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1146

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    Thanks for the insight.

aaronsaight
    aaronsaight's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I have a question on researching past results and trends.

Is there a futbol website that has gambling stats/trends like c0vers does for american sports? If I try and search google for "over under trends world cup" the search engine thinks im looking for a league, like U19, U20, ect.

The only way I know how to research O/Us is to go back and manually look at every club and record it that way and even still i don't know what the posted total was.