mgoncalves10
    mgoncalves10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Footy Picks For Wednesday

A lot of matches on the card today, but a few tricky spreads as well. For starters, I was looking at the Fiorentina - AC Milan match, which is offered at a PK, or you can take Fiorentina ML at +125. I've been a long time AC Milan supporter, and quite frankly, this squad couldn't hold a candle to some of the squads the Rossoneri have had in the last 10-15 years. They have been awful this season, and I don't see a light at the end of the tunnel. Clarence Seedorf hasn't really had enough time to change things, and he honestly doesn't have the greatest lot of players to do much with. Another poor result today could see Galliani/Berlusconi dismiss the Dutch manager.

Neither team has been great as of late. Fiorentina has won just twice in their last 10 matches in all competitions. But they are fresh off a big victory away to Napoli, which should lift their spirits. On the other hand, Milan has won 2 of their last 10 as well. Sampdoria & Bologna were their victims, but they've lost four of the last five.

I have to back Fiorentina here either with the PK (-111) or the ML (+125)..

Share your thoughts on this match. I'll post a few more picks shortly.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

I came across some news yesterday that Seedorf is basically trying to save his job.. and that draw vs Lazio basically bought him more time. But I doubt they would get rid of him anyway since they've got a 2.5 year contract with him.

This AC Milan team has no team chemistry what's so ever, they've got a loser mentality. Books have been overrating Milan for a while now they just began to adjust..

Fiorentina takes the W no problem. The only thing is.. I don't see where you got the -111 PK from I would get on it right away. I actually was about to until I saw that it's at -155 lol

Merkel
    Merkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Holy shit. A normal thread without "fixes", conspiracies or rampant teenagers betting their parents' money..... Just some guys giving some opinions on a soccer game...

mgoncalves10

Barcelona - Celta Vigo

The spread for the hosts is at -3... Seems very steep. Yes I know they just beat Real Madrid 4-3 at the Bernabeu, but I just can't convince myself to take the -3. Celta Vigo is mid-table, and 1 win in their last five, four in their last 10. Three of those victories came away from home. Barcelona on the other hand have been fantastic at home, losing just once against Valencia. From their last five at home, they've outscored their opponents 21-2.. Scary numbers..

All signs point to Barcelona covering the -3, or at least making it a push. But again, I can't see myself laying the $, need four goals to win.
    Going all the way back to 1998, Barcelona has only defeated Celta Vigo by 3 or more goals once. That game came this season, when Barcelona won 0-3 away to Celta. Other than that, the match has always been decided by one or two goals. Furthermore, the O/U for this match is 4.. In their last 23 matches home and away against each other, the total has gone over 4 or pushed nine times.

So with that said, I think the U4 has some value here, or I may take a stab at the +3 for Celta..

mgoncalves10

BetOnline has the PK,-.5 at (-111) and ML at +125...

And yeah I can't understand why they'd sack him seeing as he didn't build this team, and there is a lot of work that needs to be done. They don't have players that represent what AC Milan is all about. Unfortunate to watch them unravel as they are, but I agree that Fiorentina should take this match, although it could be tight.. Basically depends on how the players respond to the pressure on Seedorf's shoulders.
    Last edited by mgoncalves10; 03-26-14 at 01:07 PM.

mgoncalves10

Quote Originally Posted by mgoncalves10 View Post
    Barcelona - Celta Vigo

The spread for the hosts is at -3... Seems very steep. Yes I know they just beat Real Madrid 4-3 at the Bernabeu, but I just can't convince myself to take the -3. Celta Vigo is mid-table, and 1 win in their last five, four in their last 10. Three of those victories came away from home. Barcelona on the other hand have been fantastic at home, losing just once against Valencia. From their last five at home, they've outscored their opponents 21-2.. Scary numbers..

All signs point to Barcelona covering the -3, or at least making it a push. But again, I can't see myself laying the $, need four goals to win.
    Going all the way back to 1998, Barcelona has only defeated Celta Vigo by 3 or more goals once. That game came this season, when Barcelona won 0-3 away to Celta. Other than that, the match has always been decided by one or two goals. Furthermore, the O/U for this match is 4.. In their last 23 matches home and away against each other, the total has gone over 4 or pushed nine times.

So with that said, I think the U4 has some value here, or I may take a stab at the +3 for Celta..
    Barcelona just announced their starting XI - Valdes, Adriano, Bartra, Mscherano, Alba, Song, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Neymar... No Pique & Xavi who was rested.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

song?! Dam, they're bound to leak a goal.

AleksejJ
    AleksejJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 684

I like Sevilla - Real Madrid

Real to win

I'm no Real fan, but I think that they should put on a good game since it is not in their interest to be dropping any points at this point.

mgoncalves10

Quote Originally Posted by AleksejJ View Post
    I like Sevilla - Real Madrid

Real to win

I'm no Real fan, but I think that they should put on a good game since it is not in their interest to be dropping any points at this point.
    Agreed. I think they will come out hungry after losing at the weekend. I will be on the -1. I see them winning, so if they don't cover, it should be a push in the worst case..

mgoncalves10

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    song?! Dam, they're bound to leak a goal.
    Reason why I'm on the +3 for Celta

mgoncalves10

Well my +3 for Celta Vigo pushed. Not bad, better than a loss