conferi
    conferi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2239

Barcelona vs Atletico Madrid

Huge game for both teams, probably the biggest game this weekend in Soccer. Who are you taking?

Atletico is playing at home, + 1/2 for them was what I had in mind untill i saw Messi's comeback mid week against Getafe. I think he will score and seriously change the game when he comes in.

Barcelona pk,-1/2 -105 is the play for me.

Thoughts?

plekz
    plekz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5746

Atletico BUTCHERED Getafe by 7 - 0. And they have the best defense in La Liga.

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Messi probably not start in lineup, but I'm sure he will play at least 45 min, Atletico will play for defense, I expect 65-70% for Barcelona but not clear chances of goals until Messi play, the goal of Barcelona not concede danger fouls and corners, goal of Atletico reduce the spaces playing with 2 lines very close together, steal at 3/4 and go. With Messi IN Atletico defence will suffer with the covers, Neymar and Pedro will can gain a lot of spaces and some chances of goal for they. I think the best bet is Barcelona, and the under 2,75 if Messi not starts but small. 0-2 FT is my prediction.

Celtics08
    Celtics08's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3444

Quote Originally Posted by plekz View Post
    Atletico BUTCHERED Getafe by 7 - 0. And they have the best defense in La Liga.
    Results vs others not say nothing.

Barça 7-0 Levante.

Atletico 3-2 Levante.

plekz

They drew last time they played @ Barca. Neymaar hasn't played in almost a month and been out with the flu (not being able to practice) for the last week or so.

Messi just came back from a 2 month injury rehab, neither of them are match trained.

I don't see 0-2 happening with the way Atlético plays at Vicente Calderon and the fact they have the best GK in the world right now between the sticks, neither of the two goofs Barca employ are even top 10.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

go with 2-2 draw me thinks

Giz
    Giz's Avatar Become A Pro!

How bad is Barcelona's defense!

Madrid to win, maybe PK is the more sensible choice, I think the best defense will win this game.

If Messi starts take Madrid, Messi is an completely different player away from home.

Giz

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    go with 2-2 draw me thinks
    Madrid 2-1

????

Can you see Barcelona scoring two past Courtois away from home???

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Quote Originally Posted by Giz View Post
    Madrid 2-1

????

Depends if Messi plays perhaps. Levante and Almeria scored 2 each at Calderon so it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Barca could! I'll certainly be hoping for a Atletico victory as they are one of my favourite teams to watch

barca12
    barca12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 633

Messi and Neymar will be ready tommorow, At least 45 mins each, Messi might play the whole game..Barca moneyline for me, altough under 2.5 might be smarter play with better odds as well, I just like Barca tommorow beacuse of Messi/Neymar and will put 10% of my roll on Barca..(not a huge BR)

barca12

Madrid 2-1

????

Barca put 6 past Casillas in his prime in Madrid few years ago, no reason not to put 1-2 past Courtois tommorow..I dont even care about my wager I just want and hope Barca wins

neil6478
    neil6478's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 760

Barcelona is the best value pick for the entire weekend in any sport at +130. They will win, and probably by multiple goals.

conferi

Also, looks like Marc Batra will be given his toughen test to date and will be starting on Saturday. Good news if true. He is the best defender they have.

barca12

Quote Originally Posted by neil6478 View Post
    Barcelona is the best value pick for the entire weekend in any sport at +130. They will win, and probably by multiple goals.
    I agree on the value pick, I dont see a win by more that one goal, IMO Atletico have the best defense in entire Europe, maybe not individually but as a team they are scary good in the back, plus their coach has them playing at 110% each game

barca12

Quote Originally Posted by conferi View Post
    Also, looks like Marc Batra will be given his toughen test to date and will be starting on Saturday. Good news if true. He is the best defender they have.
    I agree, I like Bartra as well, plus he adds height so I'm less terrified of corner kicks against Barca

Giz

Barcelona is a trap bet, the winner is with +.5 madrid even pick or outright win, but draw can happen...taking Barcelona with there defense and Messi half fit is a no no no

Giz

Neymar is the only one that can f us, depends which brazilian performs on the night

barca12

This is the squad that travels to Madrid tommorow:Valdés, Pinto, Montoya, Piqué, Fàbregas, Puyol, Xavi, Pedro, Iniesta, Alexis, Messi, Neymar Jr, Mascherano, Bartra, Sergio, A. Song, Jordi Alba, Afellay, Tello, Adriano, Alves, Sergi Roberto....no one missing, should be a great game

conferi

5dimes just gave PK -154 for Barcelona. Excellent bet. Pound it. Barcelona won't lose this game.

plekz

It's pretty hysterical all these people wanting to have Messi's babies inside them in this thread. Last time the two sides played at Vicente they DREW (Atletico scored first) And Atlético is an even better side this time around, last time Messi wasn't coming off a 2 month injury either.

You are putting all your hopes and dreams on two people who aren't match trained AT ALL Alves + Neymar has played a grand total of 10 minutes in close to a months time. Messi has played 24 minutes in close to nine weeks time.

Barcelona on the road isn't Barcelona at home.

neil6478

Barcelona @ pk is as safe as they come for a bet. Great value on Barca +130 to win. Barcelona's offense is ridiculously good, and I don't care how good Atletico's defense is. People on Atletico are over-thinking this one. Don't outsmart yourself on the best value bet of the weekend.

Barca +130 ML

Giz

Why would you lay that much juice on Barcelona away??? This is not any old match...A.Madrid have proved they are a 3rd contender this is good for Spain, they won't lose this game, I know who I would back in the Madrid can't trust the Barcelona defense, Madrid players won't let them settle in front of their own fans.

neil6478

The ball will be in possession of Barca 65% of time. Neymar and Messi have creative skills unlike 99.9% of all players in the world. Barcelona will actually win this one rather easily. This is the clear case of the "sharp" bettor trying to go against the big name of Barcelona and outsmart everyone else. This just isn't the game to do it. Barcelona will handle Atletico easily. My prediction is by 2 goals or more.

barca12

It's pretty hysterical all these people wanting to have Messi's babies inside them in this thread. Last time the two sides played at Vicente they DREW (Atletico scored first) And Atlético is an even better side this time around, last time Messi wasn't coming off a 2 month injury either.

You are putting all your hopes and dreams on two people who aren't match trained AT ALL Alves + Neymar has played a grand total of 10 minutes in close to a months time. Messi has played 24 minutes in close to nine weeks time.

Nothing wrong with admiring greatest player ever, and last time they played it was a cup game, this is totally different, you know the difference right ??

SirtySree
    SirtySree's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 169

This is a coinflip game where all 3 results are possible. The best call is to do nothing at all. No need to play every single game when there are much better value bets out there to be taken.

conferi

Actually, Messi got injured in the first super cup game and was subbed off. He played in the 2nd game, but he couldn't do much because he was still injured. So you're wrong

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

This is one of the best games to watch this month and people wanna bet on it, just watch it, there's so much better bets out there and you wanna pick this one.

romaldinho88
    romaldinho88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

I think the draw is of great value given the circumstances, dont like the Barca line whatsoever. people here are overating Messi's return like Barca's a 1 man unbeatable machine which they arent plus he may need a few games to get back to full fitness, also underrate Atl Mad defence/ability to score.Both teams will be happy with a draw and i cant see either team winning by more than a goal. Draw +260 BOL

Giz

Quote Originally Posted by romaldinho88 View Post
    I think the draw is of great value given the circumstances, dont like the Barca line whatsoever. people here are overating Messi's return like Barca's a 1 man unbeatable machine which they arent plus he may need a few games to get back to full fitness, also underrate Atl Mad defence/ability to score.Both teams will be happy with a draw and i cant see either team winning by more than a goal. Draw +260 BOL
    ^^Take this advice and I guarantee you bookie wins everytime.

Madrid is the winner, taking draw is too risky instead +.5 Madrid -140 lay it

JOHNNY DOBBS
    JOHNNY DOBBS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

I'm going all in on madrid ML. Should I wait to before kickoff for a better price?

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

I'd agree with Barca PK.

innn
    innn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6470

Quote Originally Posted by neil6478 View Post
    Barcelona @ pk is as safe as they come for a bet. Great value on Barca +130 to win. Barcelona's offense is ridiculously good, and I don't care how good Atletico's defense is. People on Atletico are over-thinking this one. Don't outsmart yourself on the best value bet of the weekend.

Barca +130 ML
    Actually I think Atletico's offense is better

pellumb341
    pellumb341's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6018

atletico +0.5 and atletico over 1 goal

Merkel
    Merkel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1558

Why would you lay that much juice on Barcelona away??? This is not any old match...A.Madrid have proved they are a 3rd contender this is good for Spain, they won't lose this game, I know who I would back in the Madrid can't trust the Barcelona defense, Madrid players won't let them settle in front of their own fans.
    You're one to talk about JUICE. You posted Atletico +0.5 @ -140.......

romaldinho88
    romaldinho88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 104

^^Take this advice and I guarantee you bookie wins everytime.

Madrid is the winner, taking draw is too risky instead +.5 Madrid -140 lay it
    How do you figure that out? picking the right spots to bets on draws is one of most profitable plays long term in football, instead your picking up a half a point because your obviously afraid of the draw,of course its risky but your risking way more at +260 im confident il win 1 times out of three, i could go into more detail but United game is starting... Adnan Januzaj to score first +750

12 Last