Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

One soccer pick - Monday

England Championship: Barnsley +160

Barnsley host Sheffield United. Barnsley may not be an elite team in the Championship but they're one of the most in-form teams right now, while the visitors are the exact opposite of an in-form team. Barnsley are 4-0-2 in their L6 while Sheffield are 0-2-4 during the same interval. To help matters, Sheffield have lost their L4 road games, and going by the team's current form, a 5th straight road loss is imminent. Sheffield are plagued by injuries to many of their players to the extent that some injured players may have to make the bench! We're only getting this generous price on the home team for historical reasons. Sheffield hasn't lost to Barnsley in the L6 meetings. What has that got to do with today's game? Nothing! The Sheffield that hasn't lost to Barnsley in the L6 meetings was much better than the Sheffield of November 9, 2009. Barnsley are in a perfect spot to pick a 3rd win in 4 home games or a 5th win in 7 games, while Sheffield will most likely lose a 5th straight road game or a 5th loss in 7 games.

There are various previews on this game, but this may suffice:

http://www.365tip.com/match-Barnsley...ited-3202.html

1-3 -2.47 since Nov. 1, 2009.
    Last edited by Wilforth; 11-09-09 at 08:48 AM.
    Points Awarded:

EaglesPhan36 gave Wilforth 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

JohnAnthony
    JohnAnthony's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

I'm at this as well @ +175 - good luck!

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

2 Game Parlay.....

$10 Makes you $300......

Barnsley ML
    Birmingham ML

GL!

SmackdownV
    SmackdownV's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

From ESPN:

Liverpool have a tried and tested system of a holding midfielder and lone striker, and don't look like changing despite their injury woes. With Jamie Carragher suspended and a host of injury woes, the club are not at their strongest and Birmingham may look to expose the lack of pace on the flanks. The Blues will most likely match up man-for-man against Liverpool as they are away from home and should look to overwhelm Rafa's men in the centre of the park.

Probable Liverpool line-up (4-5-1): Reina, Insua, Skrtel, Agger, Johnson, Mascherano, Lucas, Benayoun, Babel, Kuyt, Torres.
    Probable Birmingham line-up (4-5-1): Hart, Ridgewell, Dann, Johnson, Carr, Bowyer, Carsley, Fahey, Larsson, McFadden, Benitez.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Birmingham satisfy the minimum requirement for a dog in this spot - scoring regularity. After being shutout in the season opener at Man Utd, they've scored in each of their last 4 road games. And today, they face a vulnerable Liverpool defense. It should be an interesting game. Any outcome is possible. Liverpool are definitely not as much a favorite as the books want us to believe.

SRBI
    SRBI's Avatar Become A Pro!

FYI: Everyone is talknig about Barnsley today, we all know what happens when everyone is on the same play, don't we?

I might skip this one out, but PK -110 looks attractive for Barnsley...

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks for bringing this play to my attention Wilforth. I didn't go with Barnsley, but did hit the OVER. Would never have looked at it without this thread. That's why I love this part of SBR.

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Wow this ref sucks

Wilforth
    Update your status

Congrats to those who did the PK, which at least got a push. Two penalties(!) denied one some good dough.

The rot continues:

0-1 -1.00
    1-4 -3.47 since Nov. 1, 2009.

Hybris
    Hybris's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1471

Bad luck on this one, glad a took the +1 euro hcp on this one in the parlay. You will turn this around Wilforth, NP.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Thanks, Hybris.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Wil, don't take this the wrong way because you know how much I respect your knowledge, but I think you're at your best when you think like a book and not like a logical bettor. Just a thought my friend.