AlexLx
    AlexLx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2241

Parlay protection

1 - Do you do it?

2 - How often do you do it?

My Answers:

1 - Yes

2 - Very rarely. If somehow I don't feel confident with one game outcome. I usually try to protect that game mixing it with a new Parlay.

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by AlexLx View Post
    1 - Do you do it?

2 - How often do you do it?

My Answers:

1 - Yes

2 - Very rarely. If somehow I don't feel confident with one game outcome. I usually try to protect that game mixing it with a new Parlay.
    Mixing parlays? Eh no. I just do one parlay a day, put .2 units usually make it really big like 7-8 team parlay and it hits 10% of the time..

If you're talking about hedging it, IMO I don't do it because when ever I make a parlay I'm 100% confident in my picks and there should be no reason for me to lose the confidence in my play unless there's some info that could potentially change the outcome. In other words, ride it out for max profit or suck it up.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: zizoudane10

AlexLx

^^Yep, I was thinking about hedging. Imagine you hit 6 out of 8, and the 2 remaining are only played afterwards.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Unless you have new information such as for example a key player getting injured (since the time that you made the parlay bet) then it isn't technically smart to then hedge your bet, otherwise why did you put it in the parlay in the first place?

edabramov
    edabramov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 476

Quote Originally Posted by Vaughany View Post
    Unless you have new information such as for example a key player getting injured (since the time that you made the parlay bet) then it isn't technically smart to then hedge your bet, otherwise why did you put it in the parlay in the first place?
    Some people like the guaranteed profit.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    Mixing parlays? Eh no. I just do one parlay a day, put .2 units usually make it really big like 7-8 team parlay and it hits 10% of the time..

If you're talking about hedging it, IMO I don't do it because when ever I make a parlay I'm 100% confident in my picks and there should be no reason for me to lose the confidence in my play unless there's some info that could potentially change the outcome. In other words, ride it out for max profit or suck it up.
    oh, just read this, and Edabramov is correct and re-affirms what I said above!

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.

Quote Originally Posted by edabramov View Post
    Some people like the guaranteed profit.
    Indeed, but they aren't maximizing their potential growth

AlexLx

^^ Thanks guys. I do know I ain't maximizing my profits, which is a big minus.

When I hedge I don't consider any new elements to the equation, like injuries, news, etc.

I just felt to make an inquiring in order to see how many "closet hedgers" are out there.