Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking ahead to the Champions League

Based on the current form of the participating teams, I like these:

Lyon +400 (to disgrace Liverpool)

Bordeaux +140 (This is an easy play. Beating Bayern Munich is not a hard task)

CSKA/Man Utd draw +225 (This one looks like a 1-1 draw. Neither team will keep a clean sheet and neither team will score plenty).

Sevilla -105 (No questions asked)

FC Zurich/Marseille OVER 2.5 (-130) (Get it while it lasts)

Thoughts

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

bet365 has over 2.5 zurich at -108

got no real leans tbh, eyeing up Newcastle to beat scunny in the championship

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Not sure I agree with that Bordeaux one being an easy play. That one seems like it could be a draw. Zurich OVER does look pretty nice. I have to do some more homework on these in the coming days. Wilforth is always on top of looking ahead to the big ones!

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Not sure I agree with that Bordeaux one being an easy play. That one seems like it could be a draw. Zurich OVER does look pretty nice. I have to do some more homework on these in the coming days. Wilforth is always on top of looking ahead to the big ones!
    Definitely!

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Based on the current form of the participating teams, I like these:

Lyon +400 (to disgrace Liverpool)

Bordeaux +140 (This is an easy play. Beating Bayern Munich is not a hard task)

CSKA/Man Utd draw +225 (This one looks like a 1-1 draw. Neither team will keep a clean sheet and neither team will score plenty).

Sevilla -105 (No questions asked)

FC Zurich/Marseille OVER 2.5 (-130) (Get it while it lasts)

Thoughts
    No matter how bad Liverpool play in the league they are a different beast in Europe, saying that, if Torres and Gerrard are not playing again Lyon has a legit chance in this game.

Bordeaux is a tricky game, if Bayern have Robben and Ribbery back they won't find this match so easy.

I like the rest of the picks, BOL

Also Rangers vs Unriea Under 2.5/ Unriea not to loose, Chelsea to smoke Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Porto, Inter, Barcelona, Arsenal to win.

mihaita666
    mihaita666's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 502

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    Also Rangers vs Unriea Under 2.5/ Unriea not to loose, .
    It's gonna be a fantastic match and im on both of your picks. I say it will be fantastic, since Dan Petrescu is a great british football lover.

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Like the Zurich over. Dont f\*\*k with liverpool in champs league. they know how to pull results out of their ass in this tourney. they have made the QFs the last 5 years.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!
    Ace_of_Spades's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Lyon may have a chance to win here. Question is, is it safer to take Lyon DNB or just go for the straight up win. A point here isn't a loss to Liverpool. This team is so reliant on Torres and Stevie, under maybe a decent chance too, because of those 2 being out. Are they still out though?

OvertimePlease
    OvertimePlease's Avatar Become A Pro!

The over looks good, Liverpool has to win this game or they will not qualify. Unless somehow fiorentina loses 3 or 4-0. Liverpool will most likely go all out on the attack and they will leave alot of space for Lyon. They have to win by as much as possible in case fiorentina wins, and it will go down to the goal difference. Lyon can't defend for their lives and liverpool has been conceeding alot lately.

demize21
    demize21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 218

i need a good week thank the football gods and some reckless wagering that got me back and above but my win loss record isn't what it used to be, i think i gotta stop wagering on too many games im riding with you wilfoth on a few of your plays big brazil B day on Tuesday as well

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

So its a must win for Liverpool, tough.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i like the sevilla and FC Zurich over 2.5 , also for a upset Unriea to beat Rangers.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Wilforth, you do realize that Liverpool are at home and asking for Lyon to disgrace Liverpool at Anfield is asking the almost impossible. They still have Benayoun and Kuyt. Plus this is not the EPL.

Gerrard did train on Monday, so that may mean he will play against Lyon.

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Depending on the weather, the under looks a good bet in the Rangers game. ould be raining and wet from the weather reports.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

I like that over on Zurich! But unlike most of u, I think rangers can win the game just bcs urinea is weak weak weak!

And I also like the obvious favourites to win like Chelsea, Porto, inter, fiorentina and arsenal!

Some other bets I have rolling:
    arshavin to score at anytime @2.20
    van pierse to score at anytime @1.90
    Az vs Arsenal over 2.5 @1.75

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Quote Originally Posted by OvertimePlease View Post
    The over looks good, Liverpool has to win this game or they will not qualify. Unless somehow fiorentina loses 3 or 4-0. Liverpool will most likely go all out on the attack and they will leave alot of space for Lyon. They have to win by as much as possible in case fiorentina wins, and it will go down to the goal difference. Lyon can't defend for their lives and liverpool has been conceeding alot lately.
    there are 4 matches left. this is a home and away group stage. also the top two from each group advance. this isnt a must win by any means

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Manchester United have been hit by the absence of five first-team players ahead of Wednesday's Champions League tie with CSKA Moscow. Ferguson has never won a Champions League game in Russia.
    Wayne Rooney, Ryan Giggs, Patrice Evra, Park Ji-sung and Darren Fletcher were all conspicuous by their absence as United flew to the Russian capital on Monday.

Also, Fernando Torres is out of the Liverpool game but Steven Gerrard will play.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Karayilan9 View Post
    No matter how bad Liverpool play in the league they are a different beast in Europe, saying that, if Torres and Gerrard are not playing again Lyon has a legit chance in this game.

Bordeaux is a tricky game, if Bayern have Robben and Ribbery back they won't find this match so easy.

I like the rest of the picks, BOL

Also Rangers vs Unriea Under 2.5/ Unriea not to loose, Chelsea to smoke Atletico Madrid, Juventus, Porto, Inter, Barcelona, Arsenal to win.
    My leans are based on:
    1) Liverpool will play without Gerrard & Torres
    2) Bayern will play without Ribery & Roben.

I agree with you on Chelsea and Barcelona. Over may have more value in the Arsenal game than Arsenal ML. I'm not sure about Inter. They're unpredictable these days.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Ace_of_Spades View Post
    Lyon may have a chance to win here. Question is, is it safer to take Lyon DNB or just go for the straight up win. A point here isn't a loss to Liverpool. This team is so reliant on Torres and Stevie, under maybe a decent chance too, because of those 2 being out. Are they still out though?
    Lyon has one of the better road records in Europe. I don't foresee Liverpool shutting out Lyon right now. I wouldn't take Lyon DNB. I think they'll either win or lose. Two things to note are:

1) Liverpool has lost 3 of their L5.
    2) Liverpool are so reliant on Gerrard/Torres that the absence of either or both won't only hurt Liverpool but enables the opponents play with more confidence. So I think a more confident Lyon can beat a depleted Liverpool. I don't care about Liverpool's record in the CL. They took that record to Italy and lost to Fiorentina. I only care about the current form of the teams.

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Just said Gerrard IS playing

Wilforth
    Update your status

If Gerrard & Torres play, the game will be a pass for me. I don't see any value in a -167 line on Liverpool.

joanapoker
    joanapoker's Avatar Become A Pro!

catch this one:

RADAMEL FALCAO (FCPORTO) to score at anytime @2.10.....made me money every freaking single week this last 5 weeks (portuguese league and Champions)

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

good luck wilforth. one thing i like about your picks is that you understand value and dont play easy lock ml's some people around here

demize21

i second that finding value pays off in the long run, dont get me wrong i do occasionally lay the big chalk when im very confident in a play, but never use the L word

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    good luck wilforth. one thing i like about your picks is that you understand value and dont play easy lock ml's some people around here
    You saw what happened with the Everton -240 play? The game ended 1-1. Those who played Stoke +110 cashed their tickets handily. Value is the way to go. You won't cash them all but a decent win rate keeps your account in the black.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    You saw what happened with the Everton -240 play? The game ended 1-1. Those who played Stoke +110 cashed their tickets handily. Value is the way to go. You won't cash them all but a decent win rate keeps your account in the black.
    exactly look at my soccer record. 53-59 not good but up over 24 units.its all about finding a spot here and there

demize21

Keep those value plays coming, not to offend anyone IMHO the better capers in this thread in no specific order are:
    Wilforth
    Lakerboy
    Kara
    TurkzZ
    Smogs
    EaglesPhan36

not kissing as$, but have made more than lost tailing you guys of course after doing my own due diligence.
    my advise never tail blindly take into account all plays posted do your research and when it comes down to it its your money!!!!
    so lets keep working together in our quest to beat the books
    Last edited by demize21; 10-19-09 at 05:22 PM. Reason: edit

demize21

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    exactly look at my soccer record. 53-59 not good but up over 24 units.its all about finding a spot here and there
    couldn't agree more
    same here
    soccer Win Percentage 51.16% | 66-63-4 +2,749.75

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by joanapoker View Post
    catch this one:

RADAMEL FALCAO (FCPORTO) to score at anytime @2.10.....made me money every freaking single week this last 5 weeks (portuguese league and Champions)
    The guy has scored 10 goals in 9 games for Porto. Great start for his new club. Won't stay there for long though.

RoagBettor
    RoagBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 297

Heck, I never watched a full soccer game in my life until I found this forum. I thought a clean sheet was a hotel term!

demize21

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    Heck, I never watched a full soccer game in my life until I found this forum. I thought a clean sheet was a hotel term!

Ace_of_Spades
    Golazo De Riverrrr!

Quote Originally Posted by RoagBettor View Post
    They call it football not soccer too

demize21

that depends where your from in USA its soccer

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by demize21 View Post
    Keep those value plays coming, not to offend anyone IMHO the better capers in this thread in no specific order are:
    Wilforth
    Lakerboy
    Kara
    TurkzZ
    Smogs
    EaglesPhan36

not kissing as$, but have made more than lost tailing you guys of course after doing my own due diligence.
    my advise never tail blindly take into account all plays posted do your research and when it comes down to it its your money!!!!
    so lets keep working together in our quest to beat the books
    There are some sharp guys on here, i just hope to turn it around, i'm cold as fuk these last couple weeks. Changing tactics and just going with very few plays. I ain't touching CL this week, but i do like that Newcastle bet

demize21

almost made money this moorning with your leans on norwich but leed decided to score a 90' goal i took the draw and under for small stakes nut just a bad beat

12 Last