jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Are There Any Basic Soccer Betting Principles??

sport is complex betting wise
    Its not simple like American Sports betting lines

What can I do ???

ApricotSinner32
    ApricotSinner32's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Find the rig and exploit. Or bet the under go to sleep wake up to a 1-1 draw snoozefest

BIGDAY
    angelman.org
    BIGDAY's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24866

I hate soccer.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

soccer blows

manny24
    pay Bobby
    manny24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 649

euros think it's complex and takes skill

very few guys separate themselves like messi

otherwise just pinball and occasionally someone scores

pass

jjgold

I dont care if the sport is boring

I am looking to make money

There has to be a way
    Points Awarded:

ParlayininHTown gave jjgold 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Jimmy0607
    Jimmy0607's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Soccer is the easiest sport to cap if you know where to look , grab a couple of leagues and stick to them but not the big spanish or english league , last year I hit 60% betting on the Argentinean league , english 3rd Division , and croatian league

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

if you wanna succesfully make money in the long term select a few leagues and follow them regularly. Watch games, get to know players and learn how each team plays. With time you will get an understanding of teams and how they play against different oppositions.

If your not interested in getting that into it just bet home dogs not to lose. Teams play better at home and they are always more motivated at home not to lose. Also German,Dutch 1st&2nd division as well as English league are great for betting overs if you enjoy betting totals. French and Italian league is great for unders and betting draws with high rewards. I even started betting French 2nd division last year and its very profitable. Even though I watch very little French League soccer stats don't lie. Study previous games of teams. As far as Sides Scandinavian leagues especially the Finnish league is very consistent and their is very little surprises. Stay away from the German and Italian league in terms of side betting as they are very inconsistent.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: jjgold

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

Points Awarded:

sweep gave Smoke 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

jjgold

Jimmy thanks

easyliving pretty extensive

The stats sites are there just hard to understand it all

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post
    if you wanna succesfully make money in the long term select a few leagues and follow them regularly. Watch games, get to know players and learn how each team plays. With time you will get an understanding of teams and how they play against different oppositions.

If your not interested in getting that into it just bet home dogs not to lose. Teams play better at home and they are always more motivated at home not to lose. Also German,Dutch 1st&2nd division as well as English league are great for betting overs if you enjoy betting totals. French and Italian league is great for unders and betting draws with high rewards. I even started betting French 2nd division last year and its very profitable. Even though I watch very little French League soccer stats don't lie. Study previous games of teams. As far as Sides Scandinavian leagues especially the Finnish league is very consistent and their is very little surprises. Stay away from the German and Italian league in terms of side betting as they are very inconsistent.
    Do me a solid and just PM me when you got a triple popper cause I...
    Last edited by SBR Jonelyn; 02-25-15 at 09:53 AM. Reason: image does not exist

Fishhead
    Fishhead's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11769

Best wagering sport on the planet
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 3 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Lookingtostart, swordsandtequila, and Seaweed

Lookingtostart
    Lookingtostart's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4542

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    sport is complex betting wise
    Its not simple like American Sports betting lines

What can I do ???
    Are you also referring to .25/.75 asian lines? Surely you know that by now.

Other than that, just fade big teams in the long term, especially Barcelona.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Quote Originally Posted by easyliving View Post

Went 0-7 betting Euro League soccer
    easyliving1 2

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

if you want to bet on soccer wait til the elimination round of the world cup...

once somebody has to win. I hate those fukking tie games

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Actually betting on a boring sport and making money is a gambler's best friend. Imagine you make bets, you are making money and you don't have to watch the games because they are boring and hence you don't make impulsive bets.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Actually betting on a boring sport and making money is a gambler's best friend. Imagine you make bets, you are making money and you don't have to watch the games because they are boring and hence you don't make impulsive bets.
    is there a sports package americans can get to follow these games?

its very hard for an american to get info on soccer games. people hate soccer here in america

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

its very hard for an american to get info on soccer games. people hate soccer here in america
    How will a sport package help you? If you hate soccer you probably won't read it or understand it.

Monitor lines at places like oddsportal and see if your book keeps up with them. If they are slow to react..punish them.

jjgold

Paver always has great info
    I did talk to this guy once and did not understand one word he said

Heavy Greek accent but good kid

Any good odds service?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Any good odds service?
    oddsportal dot com

make sure you login so you can get the latest updates and all books odds

you can set your settings to your likes

there are hundreds of games daily especially on Saturdays so make sure you are not overwhelmed with the data

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Betting on soccer is a degen's (i.e. this forum) best friend. Games damn near every day. Lot's of money to be made with a little leg work. Much easier to find not-so-sharp lines than say, the NFL. If you're selective you can make money just betting on recent form/stats, although obviously it's better if you learn the leagues/teams you're betting. And I'm American.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Bear View Post

Americans don't hate soccer, as evidenced by the upward trend in coverage. It will never be the NFL, but plenty of people do watch. We actually get more coverage than a lot of European countries (due to broadcast restrictions). I live in Florida, and between ESPN (along with ESPN 2 & 3), Fox, Fox Soccer, Fox Soccer Plus, bein Sport, GolTV, and now NBC I get EPL, Bundesliga, La Liga, Serie A, Eredivisie (Dutch), Ligue 1, and some of their lower level leagues. Mexico and South America also. Plus all the major competitions (Euro, Champion's League, Fed Cup, etc.). Most everything else can be found on the internet. So to say it's hard to get info is incorrect. Google is your friend, or better yet there are plenty of knowledgeable guys in the soccer forum, just ask. I'm a diehard football guy (NFL and NCAA), started following/betting soccer when I joined this forum. Why? I like money.

sorinnn
    sorinnn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 226

well Al Bundy said it's not a "man sport".

jjgold

What info!!!!!

This is a good reference thread
    I think line movement is important

onemoregoal
    twentysixblack
    onemoregoal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Any good odds service?
    I like Betbrain.com....

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Start with a few leagues, study them and watch line movement. No fun betting on a game to end in a draw or for teams not to score and that leaves some value on the under and draws, which are what I usually bet. Always nice to hit a couple of couple of plays over +250 too. When I see a huge favorite and the line starts to drop I start thinking draw.

Right now I mainly bet mainly lower division English leagues(or English teams playing in Europe) and have been having good success(especially with draws) in the Irish Premier league. Part of the reason I stick to these leagues/teams is to avoid info/option overload. I also like betting these leagues because there is pretty good coverage on the web in English, takes a little research, but not hard to find some good info regarding injuries and team form etc. Looking into the Ireland games today at 2:45 EST right now.
    Last edited by odog11; 07-26-13 at 12:44 PM.

odog11
    It aint easy being greasy.
    odog11's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3197

Went with Dundalk -186 and draw in the UCD match at +256. Also a little on the over in that one.

jjgold

Bet brain too confusing IMO

Odds portal seems more organized

A lot of soccer sharps here

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

your spreadsheet is looking great. finally. should people tail you? are u a real deal now? or just lucky? i mean it is basebal after all
    Last edited by hotelis; 07-26-13 at 02:37 PM.

Akatana
    Akatana's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 165

Oddsportal is amazing and very useful, a must have IMO

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

fade big names especially when they are bad, pick a few leagues like easy says, you will go nuts if the whole board is in play.

pacers101
    pacers101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

I bet almost exclusively draws. find leagues that draw a lot, like france 1&2, argentina, certain teams in epl, mexico. it's the easiest, as far as hitting routinely, and consistently, +200 bet you can make in gambling. I like when the favorite is the road team and a high juiced under, when looking for draws.

Salmon Steak
    Salmon Steak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 613

I spent a lot of time on soccer. It's rough. I am much more successful betting major American sports. I think the frequency of scoring is the difference.

PAYTON20
    PAYTON20's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 770

worst sport to bet

good priciple, don't bet it

jjgold

I might try some draw bets
    I think you really need to look at soccer past data to be fairly successful

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

JJ use draws to rollover freeplays. Like find draws priced around +225 and bet 5% of the freeplay to each. You only need to hit 6 out of 20 to roll it over. Anything more is a bonus.
    Points Awarded:

sweep gave pavyracer 4 SBR Point(s) for this post.

12 Last