indio
    indio's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3954

Copa Libertadores : Emelec vs. Velez Sarsfield

Emelec is pretty good value at home against slightly overrated Velez. Emelec has been playing extremely well to start the season, and Marlon DeJesus seems in good form early in this campaign. They will get a nice turnout at Estadio George Capwell, and being a pck 'em at home against Velez, who just started their season, is a nice play for a team that usually plays well at home in the Lib. They've been real good in every game this year, so we're giving the blue and silver some backing tonight.

hugh613
    hugh613's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice work man.

indio

Instead of starting a new thread for another Copa Libertadores game, I figure I'll just use this one.

I like the price on Arsenal De Sarandi for Thursdays nights game against The Strongest. The Strongest hasn't won a game this season, and considering those games were against fellow Bolivian teams, who are the bottom of the barrel in the South American soccer world, I find it somewhat comical that they're favored - 0.5 -115 (was -140 originally believe it or not) against Arsenal. Bolivian soccer blows, and yes, their home, and the altitude, and blah, blah, blah, but Arsenal is a much better team, so I'll take my chances on the road +0.5 +115.

If you decide to bet Arsenal as I have, be forewarned that this team is bi-polar. They do have a tendency to fall asleep for sections of a game (sometimes, the whole game), but occasionally, they play some real nice attacking football, and with Zelaya in the attack, they can carve up the Strongest if they feel inspired. Even a draw gets us the cash, and we're still getting + odds, so I'll take the once removed Argentine champs over a pretty gross Bolivian side.

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

yeah was thinking about Arsenal as well

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

I have seen year after year good teams struggled in Bolivia, althought Bolivian teams are not top notch in the South-American soccer circuit, I have to admit that altitud does play a huge roll in this games. I am inclining for the over 2.5 goals in this game which is priced at 1.95 in my book. I think The strongest know that they have to take adventage of the altitud and try to win this game, I expect them to play an offensive game. It will be interesting to see Arsenal strategy, I think they will play counter attack as they will try not to get into a back and forth contest with the bolivian team. The strongest is priced out at 1.80 for a reason, I think they have a very good chance of winning this game, again due to the altitud.

GL in your play and I hope that Arsenal win 2-1 so we both can hit it.

indio

Quote Originally Posted by cogiditopapa View Post
    I have seen year after year good teams struggled in Bolivia, althought Bolivian teams are not top notch in the South-American soccer circuit, I have to admit that altitud does play a huge roll in this games. I am inclining for the over 2.5 goals in this game which is priced at 1.95 in my book. I think The strongest know that they have to take adventage of the altitud and try to win this game, I expect them to play an offensive game. It will be interesting to see Arsenal strategy, I think they will play counter attack as they will try not to get into a back and forth contest with the bolivian team. The strongest is priced out at 1.80 for a reason, I think they have a very good chance of winning this game, again due to the altitud.

GL in your play and I hope that Arsenal win 2-1 so we both can hit it.
    Sometimes teams are in a position to ease off the pedal when they travel to Bolivia, because the games won't mean much. Arsenal better know that being in a group with Sao Paulo and Atletico Miniero means they can't give anything away, so I expect them to try. And let's be honest, the Strongest have just been terrible all year. That doesn't mean they won't win, but it sure means that they should be + odds to achieve it, which they aren't.

I do like your over play though, good luck to you.

indio

So much for my theory. Arsenal not starting their best goal scorer and attacker (Zelaya), and starting a bench sitting goalkeeper that hasn't played a lick in the last few years. Strongest getting pounded at Pinny after Arsenal took money all day. Always interesting in the Copa Lib.