PortsDave
    PortsDave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3946

PortsDave's Soccer Thread

I thought it was about time that i started my own thread on my favourite sport. I will post my picks over the season and hopefully i will finish out with + units. The picks will be mostly on European soccer especially English, Scottish and Northern Irish leagues with which i am most familiar. I will keep a running total throughout the season. All plays (unless stated) with negative (-) odds are to win 1 unit, all plays on positive(+) odds you are betting 1 unit.

Any input on my picks is welcome.

First pick

English Premier League - Liverpool vs Aston Villa - Liverpool -1AH @ -178 / 1.562 (Pinnacle)
    Last edited by PortsDave; 08-24-09 at 01:45 PM.

DJ RM
    DJ RM's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you think Liverpool are going to be up by at least one at the half, I have to think they are going to close it out. If that's true, maybe it's better to bet the HT/FT - I see Liverpool HT/Liverpool FT at -125. You could then take the extra 53 pts of juice and make small bets on Liverpool HT/Draw FT +1700 and Liverpool HT/Villa FT +4000 .... just a thought.

Good luck, I might put this down now as well.

PortsDave

I don't like the high juice either, but i fancy Liverpool to win not just not sure when the goal(s) will come the -1 is a safety bet to get the push if its only a 1 goal win.

DJ RM

Ah ok. I'm sorry I've never used Pinnacle, I assumed the H in the line was implying it was a first half bet....didn't realize it was a game line. I've only seen -1.5 lines for this game. GL

PortsDave

Awful first half from Liverpool, no tempo at all to the game, too many fancy flicks and touches instead of the simple ball when they get into the Villa final third. Benitez needs to read them the riot act at half time.

DJ RM

I agree. Their lack of width has really hurt as well. I'd like to see Rieira for Kuyt sometime soon and move Yossi to the right wing. He is more dangerous when his natural cut to the right takes him wide, it opens the middle up for Gerrard. It's way too crowded in the center-left attacking midfield.

PortsDave

Awful defeat bad enough losing a bet but being a Liverpool supporter aswell makes it just sickening.

Squirrel
    Nutty Punter
    Squirrel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 223

It seems almost customary to lose the first bet whenever you start a new thread lol, get em next time!!!

Liverpool were absolutely trash last night, any team who relies on Lucas and Voronin ain't worth nothing, unless they add some serious strength in depth at some point they will finish miles behind Man Utd and Chelsea IMO.

PortsDave

Second pick

French Ligue 2 - SM Caen v Arles - SM Caen -1 @ +116 / 2.16 (Pinnacle) - 1 unit to win 1.16 units - PUSH
    Last edited by PortsDave; 08-28-09 at 04:39 PM.

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

Dave - i like your bet on Caen, i will look it over and may trail you on it

PortsDave

My thinking on it is, Arles are joint top with Caen at the moment, Arles are only up into Ligue 2 this season and have 3 wins and 1 draw so far the same as Caen, but their wins have came against the poorer teams in Ligue 2, Caen howevers results have come against better sides, Caen are a decent side and are normally very hard to beat at home, Arles IMO are being overvalued because of their good start.

Smogs

I've had a look and i'd love to slap a unit on this but i couldn't even get team news for this game so i'll pass but good luck tonight and hopefully you get a win on the board tonight

PortsDave

Finished 1-0, so i get a push, third time lucky for the first win i hope.

Smogs

Indeed Dave, good luck with it. got a feeling on the Pompey game tomorow? I really want to bet +1ah on Pompey but i'm looking at other games for better value

PortsDave

I bet on Man City last Saturday -1, so ended with a push at home to Wolves and don't know what to think of this game tomorrow it seems too easy to go for a Man City win maybe on a handicap, maybe i still think of the City of old but i am just waiting for them to slip up, but whether that will happen tomorrow or not i don't know, Portsmouth losing Distin is a big blow he is the last of their recognised centre backs, who will take his place tomorrow, last week they had Wilson, Kaboul, Distin & Mokoena, take Distin out and i don't like the look of that back line at all, put them up against Tevez and Adebayor, Robinho & co and it could get messy. It's a game i won't touch myself

Smogs

Absolutely right, i have found so many better opportunities this weekend, let's hope for some wins

PortsDave

Third pick

Scottish Premier League - Dundee Utd v Falkirk - Dundee Utd ML @ -136 / 1.74 (Pinnacle) - 1.36 unit to win 1 unit

PortsDave

A 2-1 win, first win for my record

DJ RM

Congrats!

Here's to more in the future!

PortsDave

Latest Picks

English League 1 - Bristol Rovers v Millwall - Bristol Rovers ML @ +129 / 2.29 (Pinnacle) - 1 unit to win 1.29 units

English League 2 - Notts County v Burton Albion - Notts County -1 @ -105 / 1.95 (Pinnacle) - 2.1 units to win 2 units

PortsDave

International Parlay

Scotland ML
    Bosnia-Herezgovina ML
    Bulgaria ML
    Israel ML
    Croatia ML

Odds +683

0.5 unit to win 3.42 units

PortsDave

Bloody Israel ruined my parlay

Not a good day.

PortsDave

Don't have much time today, just did a small parlay for interest

• 15:00 Man City v Arsenal (TV) - Asian Handicap (0) - Arsenal (0) (Not settled)
    • 15:00 Blackburn v Wolverhampton (TV) - Match Odds - Blackburn (Not settled)
    • 15:00 Bradford v Burton Albion - Match Odds - Bradford (Not settled)
    • 15:00 Bristol Rovers v Oldham - Match Odds - Bristol Rovers (Not settled)
    • 15:00 Notts County v Northampton - Match Odds - Notts County (Not settled)
    • 15:00 Sunderland v Hull (TV) - Match Odds - Sunderland (Not settled)

Tiny Stakes pays out +3520.