EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Wednesday's [10/17] Ninja Plays

[World Cup Qualifier] Wayne Rooney Anytime Scorer +140
    No heavy dissection here. Rooney finally got on the board against San Marino with two goals last time out. Although he has yet to score in Premier League play, he has had his foot involved in assisting the action quite a bit and figures to again be a terrorizing threat near Poland's goal. If England dents Poland's defense, I think Rooney is going to figure into the equation.

[More picks likely in the afternoon]

EaglesPhan36

[World Cup Qualifier] Poland-England Total Corner Kicks Over 9.5 [-110] *0.5 unit

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

I got 500 on england, liking both teams to score to a 2-1 decision also.

Lazy-Man
    Lazy-Man's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1137

Thoughts on o/u 2.5?

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

Quote Originally Posted by vaas187 View Post
    I got 500 on england, liking both teams to score to a 2-1 decision also.
    BTTS looks nice.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    [World Cup Qualifier] Poland-England Total Corner Kicks Over 9.5 [-110] *0.5 unit
    what's your angle on this wager?

seems like such an exact number on corner kicks...
    Last edited by JayLA; 10-17-12 at 09:46 AM.

EaglesPhan36

Expecting England to be somewhat assertive and that can lead to corners. Usually a crapshoot on corners in the end. Obviously a big trade up in compeition from San Marino but England had a ton of corners in that one from being aggressive. Poland may also go for at least a goal to try for a win, so taking a shot - but again half stakes because of the unpredictable nature of corners.

naoeneko
    naoeneko's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 482

There you go, Rooney scored with a header

cobeez
    cobeez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

Nice hit...wish that 5Dimes had the Rooney prop.

Crapple
    Crapple's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice, Rooney!! Just need them to keep Poland out of the net for a few more minutes!

EaglesPhan36

Nice. Only three corners I think, but Poland should be pushing to equalize so who knows. Profit in any case.

JayLA
    On to the next one...
    JayLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1219

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Nice. Only three corners I think, but Poland should be pushing to equalize so who knows. Profit in any case.
    Well played man. I've been watching international football all my life and I don't know what the average amount of corner kicks in a game is. Sharp play.

EaglesPhan36

Oh I have no clue either man, just usually if a match looks like it will have some good attacking in it - I will give it a go if the number isn't too high.

Gotta go grab a nap. Probably have a play for the afternoon then.

lawalahmed
    lawalahmed's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by JayLA View Post
    Well played man. I've been watching international football all my life and I don't know what the average amount of corner kicks in a game is. Sharp play.
    Depend on the competition and the league....

In French League they are average 7.0 per game While in England they are average 10.0 per game..

In England Aston Villa is a very good team to pick for over corner (Mostly set @ over 11.0) in any game either at home or Away bcos they are average 13.5 corners per game in the last 7 yrs...

While in France you can pick Marseille or Lyon for under 10.0 Corner in every game......

JT OZ
    JT OZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Nice hit on the Rooney prop EP. It wasn't offered at the 2 books I have been using, it looks like I need to invest some money in Bovada so I don't keep missing out on some of these BTTS and prop bets.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah, I mean I know Bovada has a certain reputation for certain things as far as payouts and lines not being the best for some sports - but I certainly believe they can be used for different things, just like other books have their pluses and minuses for certain sports.

[Copa Chile] Union La Calera-Santiago Wanderers Over 2.5 [-135]
    Both teams are still in the running for the next round of this competition as their group closes out today. Santiago Morning leads with 11 points and is already guaranteed a place in the next round. They face 2nd place Universidad Chile while this match is taking place. UC has six points, while ULC has five and Santiago Wanderers has four. So if Santiago Morning wins or draws, the door is still open for either of these two teams to qualify under certain scenarios. Santiago Wanderers have given up at least two goals in each of their last seven matches in all competitions, while scoring in six of those. In Copa play, they have conceded at least twice in four of five. On the road, they conceded four times in two matches. Union La Calera has scored & conceded in five of their last seven overall. In Copa play, they have conceded in four straight and scored in three of five. With both teams needing a win to lock in advancement depending on the outcome of the other match, I am expecting both teams to be looking for goals and the win. Given the defensive issues both have shown at times, it seems possible that this one sees some goals.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

over

EaglesPhan36

Casheroo!

Looks like a rest day tomorrow.