infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room
    infamousbacardi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 132

Are my bets moving lines??

Serious inquiry to any of you in the know....I've been on a pretty crazy run lately at a certain internet book and I just made 3 wagers in the same English league for this afternoon....all 3 over 2.5 picks...I enter my 3 wagers and then go back to the same league's lines immediately after hitting submit....

1 of the picks had already moved from 2.5 to 3 immediately...

Another 1 of the picks was taken off the board for 2 minutes before coming back at 3 now from 2.5...

And the last one was also taken off the board immediately before returning at 2.5 with lowered odds from 1.77 to 1.71...

What gives???

Kevin Spacey
    Kevin Spacey's Avatar Become A Pro!

which book is this?

TheSportsAnalyst
    TheSportsAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

It depends.
    From the wager amount, the book and of course the league.

Sometimes in the past I placed 60/80€ (small bets but pretty near to fixed limits) on some minor leagues (Albania, Azerbaijian and so on) in C rated bookies and then the price immediately dropped from (ex.) +115 to +110 or +105...

But if it was a solid and sharp book and your wager was well under the limits I think there were just heavily wagered lines already waiting for a drop.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

I'm hesitant to tell a non-pro who is a new member and likely a ghost any more details than above. No offense...I'm not trying to draw anymore attention to my account on this website so I'll likely refrain from posting any more details about the tips or book than what I've already given...

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by TheSportsAnalyst View Post
    It depends.
    From the wager amount, the book and of course the league.

Sometimes in the past I placed 60/80€ (small bets but pretty near to fixed limits) on some minor leagues (Albania, Azerbaijian and so on) in C rated bookies and then the price immediately dropped from (ex.) +115 to +110 or +105...

But if it was a solid and sharp book and your wager was well under the limits I think there were just heavily wagered lines already waiting for a drop.
    My bets were "To Win Amount" of the maximum they allow currently to normal players, usually between $250-$1000.

Kevin Spacey

anything over a B-rated book, and less than $10,000, will have no effect on the lines

TheSportsAnalyst
    TheSportsAnalyst's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Quote Originally Posted by infamousbacardi View Post
    My bets were "To Win Amount" of the maximum they allow currently to normal players, usually between $250-$1000.
    So probably yes, you're moving the lines.
    If you're on a suspicious run and you pound it to the max it's definitely possible even on decent bookies (B/B- bookies).

Duff85
    Getting ready for Japball
    Duff85's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4007

lol buddy they are already watching your account if you are betting soccer at a pissant offshore and not betting long parlays that involve Real Madrid, Barca, Man U, Man City.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Spacey View Post
    anything over a B-rated book, and less than $10,000, will have no effect on the lines
    This is SBR rated A or A+ book.

Just can't be coincidence that 2 of the 3 bets are OFF the board w/in 30 seconds after I hit submit on my bets, the one bet that didn't go off the board was immediately raised from 2.5 to 3....1 of them that was off the board comes back at 3 from 2.5 and the other one comes back at .06 points lower still at 2.5 though....can't be coincidence.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    lol buddy they are already watching your account if you are betting soccer at a pissant offshore and not betting long parlays that involve Real Madrid, Barca, Man U, Man City.
    SBR A or A+ book

Duff85

This is SBR rated A or A+ book.

Just can't be coincidence that 2 of the 3 bets are OFF the board w/in 30 seconds after I hit submit on my bets, the one bet that didn't go off the board was immediately raised from 2.5 to 3....1 of them that was off the board comes back at 3 from 2.5 and the other one comes back at .06 points lower still at 2.5 though....can't be coincidence.
    I'm guessing your chasing steam. Nothing wrong with that, but get used to the line moves and limiting.
    Points Awarded:

infamousbacardi gave Duff85 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by Duff85 View Post
    I'm guessing your chasing steam. Nothing wrong with that, but get used to the line moves and limiting.
    Gave the points because I appreciate the hypothesis....

However, I'm not chasing steam by any stretch....I only play at one book and I just look at the games I like and bet them...I don't cross reference books and numbers, etc. Never have and don't care to. I make the picks based on what I like....

Vaughany
    Jibbbeh is my idol.
    Vaughany's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8647

Takes hardly anything to move a line slightly on most Euro books

Kevin Spacey

lower English leagues have the OVER pounded frequently, I would suspect these to be public movements and your bets happened to be placed in the middle of all that

Duff85

Gave the points because I appreciate the hypothesis....

However, I'm not chasing steam by any stretch....I only play at one book and I just look at the games I like and bet them...I don't cross reference books and numbers, etc. Never have and don't care to. I make the picks based on what I like....
    Get more books than and really pound them... because you've obviously got some talent. I'm betting with over 10 books at any one time and have no talent as a handicapper.

Kevin Spacey

if you dont bet more than $1k, you wont move Bwin/Bet365/Will Hill lines - but definitely 5dimes/Pinnacle

Duff85

if you dont bet more than $1k, you wont move Bwin/Bet365/Will Hill lines - but definitely 5dimes/Pinnacle
    B365 and Will Hill in particular will let the arbers have a field day before they move their numbers... then they send all the bettors over for an "account review".

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

I would agree Kevin, this is probably fair assessment.

I'm not betting at a "Euro" book like that. I'm American. SBR rated A or A+ book....I'm sure they probably dont' see the action like I put down on an English league game that isn't the BPL and on a Tuesday...

My picks are being watched now, w/o doubt in my mind. Crazy.

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Going to place a 2nd round of bets in 2 minutes for different league, let's see what happens....

Phillth
    Phillth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 44

Lol. U must have bet bristol/millwall over 2.5

infamousbacardi
    Alone In a Room

Quote Originally Posted by Phillth View Post
    Lol. U must have bet bristol/millwall over 2.5
    So as to not jinx it, I will neither confirm nor deny that Phillth. ;-)

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

kevin spacey likes soccer?

well i'll be damned
    Points Awarded:

infamousbacardi gave showtiime 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.