ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

MLS Announcing WTH?

Anyone see the LA Galaxy and Philly Union game? Galaxy ties it up at 73' but Philly scores at the 95'! The 95th minute! and the announcers didn't react at all, just basically mumbling with few words that they scored. the announcers aren't usually this biased are they?

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Yeah I was watching that game. I don't usually watch the MLS but had a streak on Philly and also bet them +525 ML at DSI.

The Galaxy are probably the biggest MLS team, and the announcers were very biased. They were looking at it from an LA fan's perspective.

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

All MLS teams have hometown channels and announcing crews just like other American sports leagues. I don't understand why people keep commenting on this, see this same comment on youtube highlights a lot.

I'm sure you didn't realistically expect the LA announcers to get excited when the opposing team scores in the 95th minute to win the game

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

nowhere was it indicated it was a Galaxy announcing crew.

ohumad
    ohumad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 60

Quote Originally Posted by nycyellow9 View Post
    All MLS teams have hometown channels and announcing crews just like other American sports leagues. I don't understand why people keep commenting on this, see this same comment on youtube highlights a lot.

I'm sure you didn't realistically expect the LA announcers to get excited when the opposing team scores in the 95th minute to win the game
    I see, just not use to it + it was on TSN. I guess MLS isn't big enough to have dedicated announcers.

nycyellow9
    nycyellow9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 353

Quote Originally Posted by ohumad View Post
    I see, just not use to it + it was on TSN. I guess MLS isn't big enough to have dedicated announcers.
    they do have dedicated announcers, when the games are on national tv. arlo white on nbcsn, for example. and on espn2.