irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Spain: boring? Yes or No

I say yes.

Tactically gifted? Certainly. Enetertaining? Nope.

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

Thank God you made this thread......i was thinking the same shlt.....Spain is boring...the whole game was boring.....the worse game of the Tourney. Tomorrow games will be no better!

Coach Potato
    Coach Potato's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 31636

yes i would agree. I like to watch competitive games with goals as well.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

They were boring because France didn't push them enough or should I say they were scared to attack. Spain is the master at keeping possession, just like some teams are good defensively, that's why they defend. They are just playing to their strength.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Against (much) weaker teams,and when they look a bit tired...
    certainly. This game sucked balls.
    But it's also an over reaction, France was the main reason this game blew.
    They did not defend aggressive, they just moved everyone back..very few games like that end up being exciting.

irlandais_noir

1 shot on target for both sides in the 2nd half (the penalty)

Snooze fest

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6482

Quote Originally Posted by irlandais_noir View Post
    I say yes.

Tactically gifted? Certainly. Enetertaining? Nope.
    Made this very point in another thread. Not questioning their talent, but it's like watching paint dry. And I realize France sucked balls today. Reminds me of the old 4 corners offense in college basketball, get a lead and play keep-away. I hope Portugal beats their ass.

irlandais_noir

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Made this very point in another thread. Not questioning their talent, but it's like watching paint dry. And I realize France sucked balls today. Reminds me of the old 4 corners offense in college basketball, get a lead and play keep-away. I hope Portugal beats their ass.
    Completely agree! Let's see if Ronaldo has a big game. Would love him to win it all

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

i enjoyed watching Spain's sweet passes in midfield

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

It's unbelievable how they make it look so easy and how not entertaing the whole thing is.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I totally agree!

WTF is wrong with this team?

Is most useless ball posetion I've ever seen! I mean lot of people talk about how catenaccio may be bored, but this Spanish way of play is like catenaccio with the ball. I mean they're not tired of passing between midfield and defense? Sometimes they go forward, and all of sudden pass to midfield, and so on and on.

Really don't like the way they're playing. They don't even try longshots, I mean what are they waiting for, to get into the goal with the ball?

So far they haven't faced no one with a good forward, except Italy, which scored once and have at least 2-3 chances to score.
    Spain with near 70-80% of ball posetion in this game I think had 2-3 chances to scrore

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

what did you expect them to do vs a team defending with all their players? They took the lead just on time, so why would they risk going forward vs a french team with scary attack(ribery + benzema) who could've scored anytime given the smallest opportunity. Spain played really well today, If Villa was in the team,fit to play I would be certainly sure they will win the tournament, but they're obviously missing a GREAT striker so this time it will be harder. Still I think Spain will win the euros even if they meet germany in the final.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Nobody doubts the tactic is effective, just boring as hell to watch. Eventually playing not to lose bites you in the ass. Hope Portugal is the biter!

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by BigTimeWinner View Post
    what did you expect them to do vs a team defending with all their players? They took the lead just on time, so why would they risk going forward vs a french team with scary attack(ribery + benzema) who could've scored anytime given the smallest opportunity. Spain played really well today, If Villa was in the team,fit to play I would be certainly sure they will win the tournament, but they're obviously missing a GREAT striker so this time it will be harder. Still I think Spain will win the euros even if they meet germany in the final.
    C'mon don't come with that crap!

I mean is not Italy in front who defended just great!

France sucks balls in defense today! They couldn't stop anyone! And Spain didn't care and just passed around the ball!

Risky going forward against a team didn't even knew they were playing? C'mon!

VIlla ok understand beast striker, but Del Bosque right now don't even use the strikers he have, Torres of course sucks, but paying without a strikers is just play withouth deppnest.

Glada Tartan
    Swedish brännboll-expert ;D
    Glada Tartan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Just to boring.. bläää! And they keep on winning.. arrgghhhhh!

BigTimeWinner
    BigTimeWinner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post

France sucks balls in defense today! They couldn't stop anyone! And Spain didn't care and just passed around the ball!

VIlla ok understand beast striker, but Del Bosque right now don't even use the strikers he have, Torres of course sucks, but paying without a strikers is just play withouth deppnest.
    Did you see how many players were marking ribery? Three ... Pique, arbeloa and one of the mids(busquets or alonso). I remembered a moment when they left ribery with arbeloa only, he easily went past him and made a dangerous cross(possibly the only one in the whole match?).

Not saying Spain is at its best but simply they are the better team right now. Did Germany deserve to win vs Portugal? NOPE, did they deserve to win vs a rubbish netherland team? maybe yes ... were they really really great, better than the Spaniards? heck no ... Greece was the worst team in the competition imo so thats why people are thinking germany is the better team so far. But trust me, you're yet to see the real face of Spain. They GET result whenever they NEED and WANT to.

hotelis
    hotelis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 957

with Torres in, Spain wasnt that much of a boring team.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7726

Spain playing to win not like the last two tourneys where they were dominant.

FindTheLock
    FindTheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 191

Quote Originally Posted by latinrus View Post

I agree with you completely. Spain has so many talented players and all they use them for is to hog the ball in the center. They had so many chances to pass the ball down the side, but all of the midfielders stopped their runs and either let the ball go past them without any effort to chase it, or they passed the ball backwards like they had no intention of scoring a goal. Torres is in terrible form, and he has been for a long time now, he could be standing in the goal with the ball and still find a way to kick the ball into the owners box. When torres comes in I know the under is safe lol

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Torres is a-ok with me, he saved my corner prop in the last minute of the game!