Sunde91
    Sunde91's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 255

Portugal vs Spain

Pray for this game. Spain might eek by France, then a very predictable upset is in place

Spain is not winning this tournament. Their first letdown in over 4 years of knockout play is coming. They don't have it, almost got knocked out by Croatia. Portugal clicking with Ronaldo at top of his game full confidence would be the perfect team for Spain to go down against

Portugal to advance line? +200 would be unreal, maybe +150

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

France might upset them.

Portugal is a joke but this is soccer so it only takes one lucky goal.

irlandais_noir
    irlandais_noir's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1330

Would not be surprised to see France win

SlickRick1382
    If hustlin' is a must; be Sosa, not Tony
    SlickRick1382's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11517

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    France might upset them.

Portugal is a joke but this is soccer so it only takes one lucky goal.
    Keep fading Portugal, must be doing you well by now ...

CWD
    Update your status
    CWD's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 190

wouldnt be surprised to see some great games and france, italy, and portugal later do well but also worried about a run of 0-0 tie shit games, hopefully not

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

k13 go play poker best teams so far has been germany and Portugal
    Sometimes people forget that a 11 million nation produces some of the finest players in the world ....
    Points Awarded:

SlickRick1382 gave Gndias 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Monte
    Monte's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunde91 View Post

Portugal to advance line? +200 would be unreal, maybe +150
    Your dream will come true cos no way you could get Spain lower than -200 to advance.
    Simple maths not even guessing, Portugal is still +520 or so to win all while Spain with 1 game more is +250.
    Books are not stupid, they wouldn't give you free money on hedging futures with "to advance" next game.

Sunde91

Port Champs is +450 at pinnacle and could drop still. +150 advance is too low, but +200 seems about right. 5Dimes is no authority on Soccer, but have +164 makes the Final. If Spain beats France, it will go up some. Say between +190 and +210. Then if Spain barely gets by France, with perception really high on Portugal already, it may be lower than expected

k13

Quote Originally Posted by SlickRick1382 View Post
    Keep fading Portugal, must be doing you well by now ...
    Fade them against better teams, you can never lose fading Portugal because they never win anything.

k13

Quote Originally Posted by Gndias View Post
    k13 go play poker best teams so far has been germany and Portugal
    Sometimes people forget that a 11 million nation produces some of the finest players in the world ....
    Portugal is not even on the same field as Germany. Looked like complete shit against Denmark, got lucky with a late goal.
    Nothing impressive. Your opinion is biased anyway.

These fine players only have a 3rd place in the world cup to show for.........LOL

Pathetic.

SlickRick1382

Portugal is not even on the same field as Germany. Looked like complete shit against Denmark, got lucky with a late goal.
    Nothing impressive. Your opinion is biased anyway.

These fine players only have a 3rd place in the world cup to show for.........LOL

Pathetic.
    Stop watching ESPN. They don't know shit about soccer. They looked like shit against Denmark? They outclassed them severely and got hit with two goals on a counterattack. You're acting as if Denmark is a bad team you goof.

Not even on the same playing field as Germany? Germany had a tough time generating opportunities vs Portugal. Portugal was unfortunate to not escape there without at least a draw. You know **** all about soccer....

A 3rd place in the World Cup huh? We're in the Euro Cup right now tough guy.

SlickRick1382

Fade them against better teams, you can never lose fading Portugal because they never win anything.

Yep, they never do shit. They're just the only team in Europe to advance into the knockout stages for the past 5 tournaments since 1996. A country with a pop of roughly 10 mil competing against the best teams in Europe. But hey, what the **** do I know. They just suck, obviously right?

k13

Pork Chops getting excited over beating a handicapped Czechs team 1-0.

RubberKettle
    RubberKettle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 791

If Spain are on they will be too much for Portugal.

Spain are off right now. Lets see how they play against France tomorrow.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7708

Portugal wont win the tourney-thats all that matters

SlickRick1382

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Portugal wont win the tourney-thats all that matters
    Your record on your ability to pick winners speaks for itself ....

lakerboy

Your record on your ability to pick winners speaks for itself ....
    I just gave out a winner. Are you a porker? You must be.

SlickRick1382

I just gave out a winner. Are you a porker? You must be.
    The correct derogatory term is pork chop....

Which winner was that? Germany? Hell of a pick .... Must of taken you hours of research to come up with that...

Don't know why I'm even arguing soccer with you. I'm that much dumber now for engaging you ....

Best of luck with the rest of your homer picks this Euro.... I'm looking forward to your next big air bet ....

lakerboy

Typical sbr troll response. Still have not answered my question in italy thread . Of course you have no answer but I will give you one next week.

SlickRick1382

Typical sbr troll response. Still have not answered my question in italy thread . Of course you have no answer but I will give you one next week.
    SBR Troll? Check my posts my friend. I've don't troll anyone. I don't even go into Player's Talk so your assessment is wrong.

As for your question, I won't give you the pleasure nor waste my time with looking it up. If I'd have to venture I guess I would assume Germany never beat Italy in a World Cup or Euro Cup match and probably has a handful of wins in "A" matches...

Regardless of the answer to your question it doesn't change the fact that historical results are completely worthless in soccer more than in any other sport. Unless you'd like to explain why those "stats" are important to a completely different Italy and Germany team that are present in this tourney.

With that logic we should of hammered Portugal to advance from the group since they've done so for the last 5 European tournaments and are the only European team to boast that claim...

Gndias
    Gndias's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2596

y'all relax..too much hate on this thread!!!make money instead of betting on the Czech republic...

lakerboy

SBR Troll? Check my posts my friend. I've don't troll anyone. I don't even go into Player's Talk so your assessment is wrong.

As for your question, I won't give you the pleasure nor waste my time with looking it up. If I'd have to venture I guess I would assume Germany never beat Italy in a World Cup or Euro Cup match and probably has a handful of wins in "A" matches...

Regardless of the answer to your question it doesn't change the fact that historical results are completely worthless in soccer more than in any other sport. Unless you'd like to explain why those "stats" are important to a completely different Italy and Germany team that are present in this tourney.

With that logic we should of hammered Portugal to advance from the group since they've done so for the last 5 European tournaments and are the only European team to boast that claim...
    Fair enough. So will you take germany if they meet italy in the semifinal to buck the trend?

SlickRick1382

Fair enough. So will you take germany if they meet italy in the semifinal to buck the trend?
    If Germany meets Italy in the semifinals and you would like to make a wager with me I will take Germany without any sort of hesitation. My angle isn't about bucking the trend as I take each match-up individual of any past results, especially in soccer.

Outside of the World Cup showing in 2010, Germany hasn't had a team of this caliber. They are loaded with talent from the midfield up. I don't discount the possibility that Italy plays great defense and wins with a counterattacking style against this German side. They can employ a similar strategy as Portugal minus the fact that they actually have a stronger defense than Portugal. I said before they were beatable and Portugal was unlucky to not leave there with a draw.

With that said, the changes they made today for the match-up against Greece did wonders and I think they excel. I hope Italy wins so we can put it to the test....

I take back any homerish comments / attacks I made while being passionate about defending Portugal. I still don't agree with your methods of reviewing soccer matches but I'll leave that to personal differences.

Monte

So it's...
    Spain to advance -216
    Portugal +193

at Pinny currently. Looks about right to me.

GunShard
    Invest In Ethereum And Bitcoin
    GunShard's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1926

I placed bet on Spain against France which won without doing any research, bad idea to gamble like this.

Sunde91

+188 bet365, +192 SBO, +190 5Dimes also. Hoping public zeros in on Spain after today's game, bets it up, then snag at +200 or so, then it will drop back down by kick

Portugal is obviously the best team Spain has seen so far. Portugal's strength on the counter is perfect to combat Spain's game. Nani and Ronaldo will execute in space unlike France. Get that 1-0 lead and it's big trouble for Spain. Portugal won't let Xabi run 20 yards open right past defenders as they walk and watch him head it in. Chances aren't coming as often for them, no Villa to sink in a late goal as seen a few times in WC. They were fortunate with the late goal vs Croatia, and were a great Iker save away from getting knocked out. They are vulnerable
    Last edited by Sunde91; 06-24-12 at 03:15 AM. Reason: SBO

Monte

Portugals big weakness was lack of team spirit in the early games, with all the crap going on around Ronaldo.
    That has changed now imo, i did put a little bit on them to win the tourney +600 at the Greek i think that's a decent bet.

Sunde91

Team spirit has definitely turned around. It was bad against Germany late in the game and early against Denmark. Ronaldo was throwing fits after every little thing, lack of team confidence. Ronaldo's goal vs Czech may be a big turning point, to overcome and get that win after so many chances. Hopefully Ronaldo has the confidence and character now to lead and keep everything positive, no more bitch fits

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

If Germany meets Italy in the semifinals and you would like to make a wager with me I will take Germany without any sort of hesitation. My angle isn't about bucking the trend as I take each match-up individual of any past results, especially in soccer.

Outside of the World Cup showing in 2010, Germany hasn't had a team of this caliber. They are loaded with talent from the midfield up. I don't discount the possibility that Italy plays great defense and wins with a counterattacking style against this German side. They can employ a similar strategy as Portugal minus the fact that they actually have a stronger defense than Portugal. I said before they were beatable and Portugal was unlucky to not leave there with a draw.

With that said, the changes they made today for the match-up against Greece did wonders and I think they excel. I hope Italy wins so we can put it to the test....

I take back any homerish comments / attacks I made while being passionate about defending Portugal. I still don't agree with your methods of reviewing soccer matches but I'll leave that to personal differences.
    agree. germany one of the best offensive teams i've ever seen. only thing its soccer and its one game so the better team doesn't always win but they do usually

Goat Milk

That save by Casillas was nothing. Casillas could have saved that free kick on one leg.

Goat Milk

portugal the dark horse for sure. i never bet against spain though. not this team. they've made me so much money during last euro and the wc

Sunde91

5Dimes users who like Port should grab the +208 to reach Final under Futures, just did. Not the +194 to advance under international soccer

+208 are the best odds out there (outside +210 betfair). Pinnacle +194. Bet365 +175
    Last edited by Sunde91; 06-24-12 at 08:04 PM. Reason: odds

Sunde91

Portugal doing well playing up, getting lots of turnovers, possession is close to split. Spain out of rhythm giving balls away, committing foul after foul. 2 extra days of rest for Portugal comes into play 2h/ET

Spain is down to -185/+161 to advance live at pinnacle. Just have to feel the time has come

spargament
    KHABIB
    spargament's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 367

Portugal certainly look up to the challenge, but expect one, if not two changes for Spain's starting XI, with Negredo coming out sooner than later..Portugal's quality on the bench isn't nearly that of the Spanish. Hell of a second half coming up

k13

Bye Bye Portugal.

12 Last