moshi
    moshi's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3525

England/France Parlay ~ No over-thinking it.

Similar scenario to what happened with Spain and Italy this morning. Sure Spain's goal was a bit dodge/possibly very lucky, but a win is a win.
    This time, both teams again could use the three points. France is as close to a as you can get with Sweden already out having lost to both Ukraine and England and France in good form (I know they said they want to end on a high note, but so did the Irish and look what happened).

Rooney is back for England. They will be motivated to try and win the group (trailing by one in goal difference). 'Nuff said.

All in all, worst that can happen is one of these teams draws. Chances of an outright loss is pretty damn low. At the end of the day, we're looking at two superior teams vs two inferior teams. Wouldn't be surprised if both win by more than one goal. Don't overthink it guys.

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

I know dick about soccer but I know that France and England are the better teams. My book has the parlay at 3.29 which I don't think is a stupid bet

Raven66
    Raven66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 685

Quote Originally Posted by moshi View Post
    Similar scenario to what happened with Spain and Italy this morning. Sure Spain's goal was a bit dodge/possibly very lucky, but a win is a win.
    This time, both teams again could use the three points. France is as close to a as you can get with Sweden already out having lost to both Ukraine and England and France in good form (I know they said they want to end on a high note, but so did the Irish and look what happened).

Rooney is back for England. They will be motivated to try and win the group (trailing by one in goal difference). 'Nuff said.

All in all, worst that can happen is one of these teams draws. Chances of an outright loss is pretty damn low. At the end of the day, we're looking at two superior teams vs two inferior teams. Wouldn't be surprised if both win by more than one goal. Don't overthink it guys.
    I like it!

Le_Donk
    In the Zone
    Le_Donk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1080

i like england +114 with rooney

Rammond
    Rammond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 126

I think the value bets for England are:

1) Draw Half Time - England Full Time 5/1

I see this game as being one of two defensive teams, with England having two banks of four versus a weak Ukraine attack. Probably 0-0 at Half Time. But Ukraine will have to go for a goal at some point and England should get a goal on the counter attack. They will then defend again. Under 2.5 goals also looks the value here and also under 11 corners.

John Terry or Joleon Lescott to score at any time - each 10/1, dutch them for 5/1
    Under 2.5 goals Ukraine v England - about evens

nick2060
    nick2060's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1096

Not trying to Troll but England are overrated and Ukraine is a very respectable side. With the home fans behind them and needing a win, i think there is some value in Ukraine +0.5 but best of luck to all regardless of what you play.

PHyldahl
    PHyldahl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 674

a week late my friend. don't overthink it stay away.

vasilli07
    vasilli07's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10601

Love England chance tonight. Ukraine will have to attack while England can just counter. With Young and Walcott pace, they could just rip Ukraine weak defense apart.

England to win by at least 2 goals imo.

simplelowlife
    simplelowlife's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 156

Another must win scenario for a home side (ala Poland), and an iffy Schevchenko. Rooney being back gives way more options than Carrol.
    5u England ML
    10u England pk