EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Euro 2012 Ninja Plays!

Decided to consolidate into one spot for the tournament.

Ninja Futures
    To Win Group D: France +150
    The French have turned into a pretty solid unit under Laurent Blanc as he has had time to organize this group. For me, they have the most talent in the group and they get the advantage of facing England without Rooney to open.

To Qualify from Group C: Ireland +372
    Spain is an obvious choice to advance to the KO stages out of this group. Italy is the other main contender, but has some questions & distractions from the match fixing scandal as they enter. If Spain gets a full result over Italy in the opener, that leaves the door open for someone else to slide into the other qualifying spot potentially if they can get results all the way through. Croatia will be a tough out as well, but Ireland has shown some plucky resolve. Taking a dark horse shot here.

---------------------------------------------------------

6.8.12: [Group A] Poland-Greece 1st Goal After 27th Minute [-110]
    As with most Greek matches, it should set up to be a defensive affair where Poland is out to probe the defense and find their creases to attack. Always a chance a mistake could lead to an early goal, but I think this one will be cagey early before one of the sides finds a goal either late in the 1st half or maybe having to wait until after half time.

true blue 26
    true blue 26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2865

gl EP i always respect your picks. not really in love with the ireland pick because i think they'll finish last in the group but anythings possible. i'll prob put some money on france to win it all, nice little sleeper pick imo

EaglesPhan36

Thanks. It was between Croatia & Ireland for me because I think Italy is going to fall flat here. Think the odds are reflective of the long shot. All I am looking for is to hit one of those two futures and grab some profit.

silvap
    silvap's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 15579

Like the two bets other than the Ireland one. Altough the beauty of this kind of short term is the fact that a single game, either going well or terribly, can swing the group and help a dark horse qualify, i'd like to see better than +372 odds to take Ireland there as i really feel it is the worst team and the group and will have a hard time going over both italy and especially croacia for the second spot. Having said that, all is possible with only 3 games for each team, so BOL to you sir

EaglesPhan36

And 0-1. This thread could be epic fade material before its over. Seems every time I consolidate one thread it blows. Watch wisely if that trends again.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

I likre the France bet, not to much Ireland, I think Italy can do something.

Poland just get on to the field to look for the goal.

Well good luck to the Ninja on the Euro

Mriceyman
    Mriceyman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2373

All fixed anyway.

Bullshit

Nova99
    Nova99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 93

Good luck this tourney! Looking forward to seeing more picks as this month goes on.

EaglesPhan36

6.9.12 [Group B] Netherlands-Denmark Total Corners Over 9.5 [-115]
    Dutch as usual should be lethal on the attack and while corners are a crapshoot, attacking football normally yields a good number of corners. Denmark likely has no choice but to counter with some offense of their own, especially if the Dutch strike first and open the match up.

hydrosmak
    Update your status
    hydrosmak's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 471

It's +101 on 5Dimes now.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    6.9.12 [Group B] Netherlands-Denmark Total Corners Over 9.5 [-115]
    Dutch as usual should be lethal on the attack and while corners are a crapshoot, attacking football normally yields a good number of corners. Denmark likely has no choice but to counter with some offense of their own, especially if the Dutch strike first and open the match up.

lets get it man!

EaglesPhan36

Vandermoose! Winna Winna on the corners prop. Ninjas on the board @ Euro 2012.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

Nice hit EP, I took

Total corners over 12― +343
    hedged with
    Total corners 10-12 +225

Anything over 10 a winner. Any thoughts on the same prop for Germany/Portugal match?
    Last edited by swordsandtequila; 06-09-12 at 12:31 PM.

shantystar
    shantystar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 117

GL.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    Nice hit EP, I took

Total corners over 12― +343
    hedged with
    Total corners 10-12 +225

Anything over 10 a winner. Any thoughts on the same prop for Germany/Portugal match?
    It's pretty juiced @ -166, but you'd think it has a shot. I'm going somewhere else for this one. Posting in a second.

EaglesPhan36

6.9.12 [Group B] Germany-Portugal Over 2/2.5 [-125]
    I think this is set low with a lot of it based on the recent Portugal friendlies perhaps. Seems like a mistake to me. Yes, they struggled as a squad in their build-up for Euro 2012, but this is a team that scored at-will during qualis last Fall. Toss in a German squad that has too many attacking options to mention and I think it's fair to say that there should be a minimum of two goals in this one. The Germans seemed to have little problem scoring in their practice run for this tournament and were as dangerous as any team during qualis for goal scoring. The Portugese game plan is probably the key to this one. They may sit back and defend and look to snag a point, especially in light of the surprising Dutch loss. However, one would think you have to score to beat the Germans 9 times out of 10, so Portugal should still look for their chances to attack.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    It's pretty juiced @ -166, but you'd think it has a shot. I'm going somewhere else for this one. Posting in a second.
    I meant the same bet I took. Went ahead and played:

Total corners over 12― +218
    hedged with
    Total corners 10-12 +195

Shouldn't be too difficult with these teams. But then again, I thought the Dutch would win! Posted elsewhere Robben's like a black hole, ball goes in doesn't come out. Good luck.

EaglesPhan36

Oh I gotcha. I always feel better at 9.5 or so, but obviously you get the nicer price for the higher number. Interesting project to try with the dual bets. Good luck!

EaglesPhan36

Snooze fest so far with Germany-Portugal.

EaglesPhan36

Damn. Almost had a goal. Germany has to wake the F up to have any shot at even getting two goals to get some money back.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Germany doesn't even have a corner yet. At least the Dutch attacked, Germany playing like Barcelona, waiting for the perfect shot. F*ck that, shoot the f*ckin' ball!

EaglesPhan36

Yeah it has been very un-German like. Part due to Portugal's D, but more of their own choice it appears. I'll root for some more corners for ya because no way in hell this gets two goals, probably not even a goal.

EaglesPhan36

At least your corners prop hit thanks to Portugal.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Yeah, need 1 more for the bigger hit. Germany scoring really helped. Holy sh*t, Portugal just had a point blank shot! One more corner you f*ks!!

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Booooooooooooooooooooom!!!!!

EaglesPhan36

Still can't believe there weren't at least two goals in this one. Oh well as a consolation I won like 200 betpoints on a free play on Germany. At least I got one win today out of two, not totally in the shitter to start. Really looking forward to Croatia-Ireland tomorrow for the sake of my future - very big match. Would also love to see Spain just knock the dog shit out of Italy to put the Italians in the back of the group to start. Have to see what the corners props look like for tomorrow, I always dig those a lot in these tournaments. Nice hit S&T.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Thanks EP, always look for your Ninja plays, they're what turned me on to the corner props. Interested in what you have to say about the Croatia/Ireland match, will wait for your writeup. And I'm with you about Italy. More than once swore off betting Serie A, just to be sucked back in and burned.

Between Euro, NBA, and NHL lot to choose from this weekend. Good luck!

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

EP, I started looking at corner props. Spain -2 corners? I think they'll be a lot more aggressive than Italy will.

EaglesPhan36

Always a good reason to take Spain for corners is their domination of possession. Hard for the opposition to rack up corners when they don't have control of the ball.

Totolover1409
    Totolover1409's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2690

Coo. Might be on it.

EaglesPhan36

6.10.12 [Group C] Spain -110
    Going with my read here pre-tournament. Maybe the Italians get their shit together, but they have looked disorganized and distracted in their build-up to Euro 2012. Spain meanwhile has looked professional and business-like in their approach to the tournament. Looking for Spain to play their typical possession game and as long as they stay with the program, they should wear down the Italians and look for them to find a goal or two to get the W.

Small Timer
    Small Timer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 505

I got them at -125 but still like the Spaniards at that price, BOL

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine

Going with the same bet as yesterday:

Total corners over 12― +270
    Hedged with
    Total corners 10-12 +230

May lay a little on Spain, although Italy +― +114 looks enticing (thinking draw). Probably over thinking.
    Finishing some yard work before the matches start, good luck today EP!!

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Spain playing without forward

Well they will use Fabregas. I mean WTF?? I still canīt believe they didnīt take Soldado to the Euro.

hedgejob
    hedgejob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5164

Spain v Italy

Total Number of Yellow Cards O4 2.09

We have a card happy ref and Italians do play a lil dirty.

1234 ... Last