karajohn13
    karajohn13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek Superleague, Week 22

Week 22 in Greek Superleague offers some really interesting games, I will try to give helpful info for some of them

Ergotelis - Panathinaikos, Saturday 2/18/2012 16:15 CET
    It is still unknown how the two teams will perform in this game. Ergotelis will miss 10 players, while 7(including Leto, Quincy and Zeka) will not follow Panathinaikos to this dangerous away match.

Ergotelis: They finally managed to make a good performance and get a positive result on the road against Aris in Thessaloniki. They are pretty unlucky since, although being a good team, they had many injuries during season. For the game against Panathinaikos, Ergotelis will miss 10 players, including Leal, Oliseh and Boudimir(for the last one it isn't such a miss, since his replacement, Katsikokeris, has already scored 6 goals)

Panathinaikos: The leaders of The Greek Superleague race keep disappointing with their performances in 2012. Some use as excuse the many injuries(also counting the lack of the depth in their squad) but it is true that everything changed when their opponents managed to find a way to face Panathinaiko's attacking style, having, not a clasical striker but 3 attacking midfielders(Leto, Quincy and Zeka) changing constantly positions in the attacking field. Until then, Panathinaikos had surprised everyone playing some really attractive football.
    For the game tomorrow, everyone of the three mentioned will be out. Leto and Quincy due to injuries and Zeka suspended after completing the maximum number of yellow cards. Kante and Boumsong will be also out(Kante will be probably at the bench), Ninis and Roudolf are out for months, and the big question mark is the participation of Katsouranis, in my opinion the key player of Panathinaikos. With him in the field, Panathinaikos is a different team, being more creative and much more attacking. Coach Ferreira, got some really huge criticism after the shocking loss against Levadiakos, because he used Katsouranis in the line of defenders, putting Simao and Vittolo as DM. They are both excellent players at the defensive play, but the are lacking the ability to move the ball forward, making Panathinaikos a more slow and easier to "be read" team.

There are some really critical key points in this match. As mentioned, the participation of Katsouranis and his presence in the attacking play of Panathinaikos(you can understand this if you see at the starting eleven two of Sariegi, Biersmyr, Kante)will change their style. Even with all those players missing, Katsouranis may offer some good creative football.
    On the other hand, it is unknown what Ergotelis is willing of this game. After this match, he will face Asteras and Panaitolikos on the road, Kerkyra at home(a really do-or-die match) and then Giannena away, so I'm not sure how they will behave, although winning the leaders of the league is always a challenge.
    Besides that, I can't see how Panathinaikos will "commit suicide" once again, letting a 5-point advantage against Olympiakos to be lost in 3 weeks.
    Checking the odds, I find them really attractive with the Panathinaikos's win to be offered in a maximum value of ~ 1.90, while the values for the over are surprisingly high(2.72@pinnacle).

I will post my bets as soon as I will be able to know the starting eleven for both teams
    Last edited by karajohn13; 02-17-12 at 08:45 AM.

karajohn13

Post updated

PS: Does anyone know the book Coral? It now "pays" Panaitolikos to win against Levadiakos 46

TonyDimy
    TonyDimy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

The Super League announced on Friday that it is suspending next weekend's action in protest at a new sports law cleared through Parliament this week.
    As a result, the 22nd round of games will be played as normal on Saturday and Sunday, February 18 and 19, but the 23rd round, scheduled for February 25-26 will be put off for at least one week.
    "In response to the abuse and the slander we suffered from members of the Greek Parliament, to the enactment of objective responsibility which renders punishable the occupation of soccer, to the linkage of the OPAP sponsorship with political objectives, and to the tax burdens imposed on soccer clubs, the governing board of the Super League decided today the suspension of the 23rd round of games on February 25-26 as a warning,» read the Super League statement.
    "We have all realized now that soccer has become a punching bag for irresponsible politicians,» the statement adds.
    "Those who are sitting pretty on their parliamentary seats, a little before they are lost in oblivion for good, have found soccer as the easy target for them to show their non-existent sensitivity and daring character,» suggested the unusually strong-worded statement.
    The consequence of the decision is that the rest of the soccer calendar has been put off by at least a week, though it does give some breathing room to Olympiakos and PAOK who are involved in Europa League games this month.
    It will also avert the overlap of the league derby between Panathinaikos and Olympiakos on March 11 with the basketball cup final, probably between the same teams, scheduled for the same date.

Nyjrkm06
    Mets
    Nyjrkm06's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Panatha all day

karajohn13

Ergotelis-Panathinaikos: 2, 1.91@WilliamHill(2u)
    Ergotelis-Panathinaikos: O2.5, 2.69@pinnacle(0.5u)

karajohn13

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDimy View Post
    No comments my friend. I could write pages and pages for all the ridiculous things happening in the Greek League but I won't. If you are interested for all the background(including the today's match) PM me your email

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Wow, I commend you on your knowledge of the Greek league. A minefield to navigate with all the past scandals. Must be crazy over there right now with the political climate.Best of luck to you!

karajohn13

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Wow, I commend you on your knowledge of the Greek league. A minefield to navigate with all the past scandals. Must be crazy over there right now with the political climate.Best of luck to you!

Don't know if this was ironic, but believe me, there is so much background, so many conspiracy theories in Greek league, you won't believe