EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Tuesday's [2/14] Ninja Plays

[Europa League] Olympiakos +0.5 [-124]
    Interesting set-up here against Rubin Kazan. Due to inclement weather, the Russians will be playing away from their true home. The match will be played at the Luzhniki in Moscow, scene of a disastrous 2-0 loss to Twente for Rubin Kazan last year in this competition. A little history repeating? Could happen. Olympiakos are in a solid run of form in their domestic league with four straight wins, while RK are still in their Winter Break in Russia. That means their prep for this match have come only via friendlies/Marbella Cup. That is not ideal, but it is what it is for them. Olympiakos should also be buoyed by winning their last Champions League road match against Marseilles last November, breaking a string of mostly poor results in Europe for the club. If this were a true home match for Rubin, there'd be little point going against them. However, with this match in Moscow, there will not be a true home advantage. I think Olympiakos can get at least a draw here and would be happy to head to the second leg all even one would think.

[Champions League] Bayer Leverkusen-Barcelona: Both Teams to Score [-125]
    Leverkusen rarely keeps clean sheets in Champions League action. Saw a stat, they have six in 42 all-time matches. Given that plus Barca's possession game, I would expect that Messi & Company will net one if not more. Leverkusen almost always score at home in the CL as well, just once in 27 matches have they failed to score a goal. They scored two goals in each of their group matches last year & conceded in two of three, while Barca did the same on the road in three matches.

TonyDimy
    TonyDimy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 303

If Bayer is going to play against Barca like they did against Dortmund, they will not score a single goal.

EaglesPhan36

And if Barca plays like they did against Osasuna, Leverkusen could score three. Ifs, ands and buts ... pretty confident with Barca's track record on the road lately that Leverkusen gets one today. Good luck with your picks TD.

justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

Olympiakos game looks like the draw to the end. Kazan isn't attacking at all.

TonyDimy

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    And if Barca plays like they did against Osasuna, Leverkusen could score three. Ifs, ands and buts ... pretty confident with Barca's track record on the road lately that Leverkusen gets one today. Good luck with your picks TD.
    The difference between Osasuna and Bayer is that Osasuna was agressive and Barca played almost without midfield last weekend. Bayer against Dortmund was passive. You need to put pressure on Barca on their half if you want to achieve something. I'm not sure Bayer can (and want to) do it. But of course I wish you luck too, I'm not criticizing, just thinking out loud.

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Good call, 1:0 Olympiakos.

EaglesPhan36

Red card returns.

EaglesPhan36

Quote Originally Posted by TonyDimy View Post
    The difference between Osasuna and Bayer is that Osasuna was agressive and Barca played almost without midfield last weekend. Bayer against Dortmund was passive. You need to put pressure on Barca on their half if you want to achieve something. I'm not sure Bayer can (and want to) do it. But of course I wish you luck too, I'm not criticizing, just thinking out loud.
    I just think different matches, different teams, different strategies and that was on the road too. I mean in all honesty they are not going to beat Barca in this match-up most likely, but have hardly any hope if they don't get a goal at home to take to the 2nd leg. Appreciate the thoughts.

TonyDimy

I just think different matches, different teams, different strategies and that was on the road too. I mean in all honesty they are not going to beat Barca in this match-up most likely, but have hardly any hope if they don't get a goal at home to take to the 2nd leg. Appreciate the thoughts.
    I don't like to bet on Barca, but I want to this time. -1.5 @ 2.10...is there enough value? What do you think? If Xavi, Fabregas and Iniesta will play, of course.

EaglesPhan36

I couldn't do it. Their road form is just way too sketchy. At home, I'd probably feel comfortable. On the road, you don't know what you're getting with them any more and they could be content just to work a draw today and win it at home in the 2nd leg. I think if they win today it's probably by a goal, hard to see a big win for them IMO.

TonyDimy

a draw today and win it at home in the 2nd leg
    Yeah, that's what scares me.

[Europa League] Olympiakos +0.5 [-124]
    Congrats

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

Might be worth it to play Draws galore in CL and Europa in these first matches, especially on thursday...Crap loads of game and all the draws are +240 and lower, tells you what the bookies think..

freebetpicks
    freebetpicks's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great call on Olympiakos. I tailed you on that one, and glad I did.

I am really liking Lyon today, looking to make a statement at home. Criticism from club president and coach should be a big motivator to perform well in front of the friendly frenchies, dont you think?

littlezola
    littlezola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

Quote Originally Posted by beefcake View Post
    Might be worth it to play Draws galore in CL and Europa in these first matches, especially on thursday...Crap loads of game and all the draws are +240 and lower, tells you what the bookies think..
    lyon v apoel draw @4.0 keeps on tempting me. i've only seen both teams a couple of times this season, but i think apoel could grind out a draw. lyon haven't been impressive the times i watched them, and they have a few injuries. apoel have injuries at the back too, which makes me think a lowish state is better. lyon will most likely win but the price is too short, imo.

EaglesPhan36

Yeah I'm not sure about that one. With what APOEL accomplished in that tough group they were in with Porto, Zenit and Shakhtar - might not be shocking to see them get a result today. I'm not too keen on that match overall though.

waco66
    Canucks -1.5
    waco66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

Bayer is missing tgeir top goal scorer...but i like it...good luck!

EaglesPhan36

ATP San Jose: Smyczek +125
    Normally, indoor hard court + Gilles Muller's serve = no brainer. Not so right now. Muller has been in questionable form and health already this season. He lost in Heilbronn and withdrew from that event with a hip issue. He returned in Montpellier two weeks ago, but was taken out in straights by Florian Mayer. Smyczek isn't a guy who is going to wow you with anything more than his work ethic. He's made it through qualis in San Jose and went against power server Carsten Ball in one round which should help him out some against Muller. Smyczek had some modest success here last year making the quarters and he's played San Jose every year since 2008, so he knows this surface. Muller is an interesting draw here because he's normally making money on the Challenger circuit right now, so perhaps he's just looking to up the paycheck. I'll pay to see if he's healthy enough to survive.

Fl6j66
    Fl6j66's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Red card returns.
    Braga red carded!

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

1-2 in the 55th !

EaglesPhan36

Ching-a-aling-a-ding.

justin81
    justin81's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6209

Ching-a-aling-a-ding.
    I don't think it should count..., there was no red card in the game.

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Great work EP!

OGUCCI-SBR
    Bizness
    OGUCCI-SBR's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 557

SlowNsteady
    SlowNsteady's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 34

Quote Originally Posted by OGUCCI-SBR View Post