karajohn13
    karajohn13's Avatar Become A Pro!

Greek Superleague, Week 21

Olympiakos - AEK, Friday 2/9/2012 20:00 CET

Under other circumstances, this would be one match to judge who would be the champion. They are two of the most successful and most popular teams in Greece. But at this moment, Olympiakos has a great advantage, playing some great football last weeks, while AEK tries to face the huge financial problems

Olympiakos : The champions made some unexpected loses this year in Tripoli and Xanthi, and now they are not allowed to lose any other points, especially in their home where they have 8 wins and 2 draws. They play a 4-3-3, with two DMs that have the quality to move the ball forward, while Ibagaza is the team's brain. When Ibagaza is good all team plays well, on the opposite scenario Olympiakos is being blocked. There are no special injuries for tonight, except from Holebas, LB, who has recently recovered and will be at the bench and Markano will play(Olympiakos is used to play that way)

AEK : Unfortunately for them, this is another year AEK stays without any certain goals so early in the season. Main reason for that is the huge financial problems, that make everyone wonder whether AEK will exist next season(I hope and I believe there will be a solution found). Besides these problems, AEK has some really quality players like Leonardo and Belek who try to improve team's performance and many times they make it. Their disadvantage is that their most important players in defense and offense are two veterans, Delas and Lyberopoulos respectively who are very experienced but due to their age have become very slow. Their basic DM, Makos, has recovered but I doubt that he will play tonight.

1st Round: AEK - Olympiakos 1-1(Miralas, Leonardo)
    Olympiakos was way better until Mirala's goal(an excellent goal!), but then they "stopped playing". AEK's coach cleverly put many players in the center field, Vargas made a very good performance, Ibagaza was blocked and so did Olympiakos's game until Leonardo scored a wonderful goal for the draw.

I'm pretty sure, AEK will have the very same intention tonight, to block Ibagaza, but I'm not sure if they make it. On the other hand, Delas and Manolas, the two CB of AEK are quite slow while Miralas and Djebour are the exact opposite.

I'm really confused regarding the betting in this match. I'm sure Olympiakos will win but I can't "read" the way. I was on the fence to bet Olympiakos to win from the first half or Olympiakos -1, but I will wait until the last moment. I will also try to find a book to offer odds for the yellow cards. If I will, I will put 1u in Vargas taking yellow card

PS: I will update the post as soon as there are any other information about the match

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

" two of the most successful and most popular teams in Greece" i think you will find olympiakos and Panathinaikos are the two most successful clubs in Greece.

karajohn13

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasouth View Post
    " two of the most successful and most popular teams in Greece" i think you will find olympiakos and Panathinaikos are the two most successful clubs in Greece.
    I know karntasi, you are right, but since you are a PAOK's fan you don't like this statement either, am I wrong?

karajohn13

My bet for Olympiakos vs AEK match:
    HT/FT: 1/1, 1.90 @bet365

Alternative bet: 2-3 goals, 2.00 @bet365

Yezzir
    Yezzir's Avatar Become A Pro!

Remember folks, Olympiakos have a big CL game on Tuesday..

littlezola
    littlezola's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 448

Quote Originally Posted by ultrasouth View Post
    AEK and Olympiakos are 'two of' the most successful clubs in Greece, along with Pana. 'Two of'
    or 'two from' is different from the definitive 'the two'

Anyway, i was looking at overs on this one too, as olympiakos have scored in all their home games this season, with 60% going over. I think 55% of AEK away have gone over.

But one thing that you mentioned has made me a bit cautious of that was about Ibigaza and the 2 quick forwards being so central to Olympiakos. If AEK have slower experienced CB's, would they not be inclined to sit very deep and put a man on the playmaker. I know this often works the other way, where a deep line means more time on the ball or room for the central playmaker, but it depends on how well AEK defend as a unit. The worry would be if the centre becomes too congested, it would play into AEK's favour, and maybe i'd expect u2.5.

Do you think AEK will be happy to get out of there with a point or will they go there to win???

karajohn13

Quote Originally Posted by littlezola View Post
    AEK and Olympiakos are 'two of' the most successful clubs in Greece, along with Pana. 'Two of'
    or 'two from' is different from the definitive 'the two'

Anyway, i was looking at overs on this one too, as olympiakos have scored in all their home games this season, with 60% going over. I think 55% of AEK away have gone over.

But one thing that you mentioned has made me a bit cautious of that was about Ibigaza and the 2 quick forwards being so central to Olympiakos. If AEK have slower experienced CB's, would they not be inclined to sit very deep and put a man on the playmaker. I know this often works the other way, where a deep line means more time on the ball or room for the central playmaker, but it depends on how well AEK defend as a unit. The worry would be if the centre becomes too congested, it would play into AEK's favour, and maybe i'd expect u2.5.

Do you think AEK will be happy to get out of there with a point or will they go there to win???

Well, no matter what AEK's intentions will be, I'm not sure if they can make it. I don't believe they can't avoid losing tonight. Now, I can't exclude over, especially if Olympiakos starts pressing from the very beginning of the game(as I expect to happen) and AEK manages to find free space to attack at the fast break with Leonardo and Belek(the two wingers). Since my bet was 1/1 for HT/FT, I don't want to give many posibilities to such scenario

karajohn13

Quote Originally Posted by karajohn13 View Post
    My bet for Olympiakos vs AEK match:
    HT/FT: 1/1, 1.90 @bet365

Alternative bet: 2-3 goals, 2.00 @bet365
    2-0-0

karajohn13

Quote Originally Posted by Yezzir View Post
    Remember folks, Olympiakos have a big CL game on Tuesday..
    You mean Europa League mate

ultrasouth
    Update your status
    ultrasouth's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1256

Quote Originally Posted by karajohn13 View Post

I know karntasi, you are right, but since you are a PAOK's fan you don't like this statement either, am I wrong?
    Its got nothing with me being a paok supporter just stating facts olympiakos and pao are the 2 biggest clubs in greece.