Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Champions League picks - Feb 24

Roma +300 5u
    Arsenal are reeling right now.
    They're without their top strikers, Adebayor and Eduardo, because of injuries. That's not all. Their long injury list includes midfielders Fabregas, Rosicky and Walcott. These are the players that have constituted the core of Arsenal's attack machine. It's not hard to understand why Arsenal haven't scored in their last 180 minutes of Premiership soccer (at Tottenham and the Emirates). Their scoreless run is not likely to abate on Tuesday. Roma's road record against English sides may be nothing to write home about, but they couldn't have faced Arsenal at a better time. One is of the opinion that a full strength Roma can take full advantage of Arsenal's current travails and bring home some huge bacon. After all, Roma are in raging form right now, having won 6 of their L8. Scoring away from home hasn't been too much of a task for Roma these days. Let's hope we cash this one.

Lyon/Barcelona OVER 2.5 (-105) 10u
    At first glance, it looks like Barcelona +100 is a lock here. But wait a minute. Barca don't have the most stellar of defenses. Lyon have the most potent offense in France and with the athletic Benzema leading the line, it won't be a surprise if Lyon scores 2 or more in this game. We know Barca will score. So since both sides will score, with one side scoring at least 2, the Over would appear the real deal. Guys, what do you think?
    Last edited by Wilforth; 02-23-09 at 06:07 PM. Reason: Typo

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by Wilforth View Post
    Roma +300 5u
    Arsenal are reeling right now.
    They're without their top strikers, Adebayor and Eduardo, because of injuries. That's not all. Their long injury list includes midfielders Fabregas, Rosicky and Walcott. These are the players that have constituted the core of Arsenal's attack machine. It's not hard to understand why Arsenal haven't scored in their last 180 minutes of Premiership soccer (at Tottenham and the Emirates). Their scoreless run is not likely to abate on Tuesday. Roma's road record against English sides may be nothing to write home about, but they couldn't have faced Arsenal at a better time. One is of the opinion that a full strength Roma can take full advantage of Arsenal's current travails and bring home some huge bacon. After all, Roma are in raging form right now, having won 6 of their L8. Scoring away from home hasn't been too much of a task for Roma these days. Let's hope we cash this one.

Lyon/Barcelona OVER 2.5 (-105) 10u
    At first glance, it looks like Barcelona +100 is a lock here. But wait a minute. Barca don't have the most stellar of defenses. Lyon have the most potent offense in France and with the athletic Benzema leading the line, it won't be a surprise if Lyon scores 2 or more in this game. We know Barca will score. So since both sides will score, with one side scoring at least 2, the Over would appear the real deal. Guys, what do you think?

I think the Romo game will be a draw 0-0 or 1-1.

Pat_Bateman
    Pat_Bateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

agree with the over pick but not roma, although i would back them to win over 2 legs. they have injuries right now, cicinho is doubtful and juan is out, do you know who will take his place, Simone Loria, trust me he is pretty bad, not to mention Totti is out I think

Pat_Bateman
    Pat_Bateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

i think the over in atl madrid-porto is a good value at 2.20, cuz its really 50/50 imo

dennisback
    dennisback's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 72

im going on the over too its real value @ +103 atm ! and also on barca ML @ +104 they will win this after the last 2 bad la liga matches

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

i actaully belive the Roma pick is good, ill go with a -0 or +0.5 handicap for safty though

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

Yes ... Roma +0.5 is my pick today. amongst 2 other plays.

Vonnegut
    Vonnegut's Avatar Become A Pro!

Okay, tailing you guys on Roma with a half unit for shits and giggles. Good luck to us.

Wilforth
    Update your status

In the past 8 days I've cashed Twente +450, Ajax +475, Salisbury +450 and Bristol City +450. I fancy Roma's prospects in this game. A much stronger Arsenal were held here to a goalless draw by a feeble Fenerbahce. Roma can pull the upset here.

TurkzZ
    TurkzZ's Avatar Become A Pro!

iv gone with roma +0.5 as well, jus seen Arsenal's line up, they get in far in UEFA with that team.

Karayilan9
    FENER / TRABZON
    Karayilan9's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 105

Wilworth I like the Roma pick and the injury news was a hoax, Roma tried to dupe Arsenal into a false sense of security.

Wilforth
    Update your status

Totti and Baptista start upfront.

Shark79
    Hala Madrid !!
    Shark79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 546

sorry Wil ... get em next time

Wilforth
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by Shark79 View Post
    sorry Wil ... get em next time
    Shark,

Thanks. Fact is Arsenal could have won the game by 3-0. Roma just didn't show up for the game.

I was just too sure of the Over in the Lyon/Barca game.

Well, one will recoup these losses soon.

Wilforth
    Update your status

0-2 -15.0

I lost deservedly on the Roma pick and Arsenal could have won the game by up to 3-0. I'm still reeling though on the Over in the Lyon game. When Lyon scored in the first 10 minutes of the game, I began salivating. I'll look out for some winners tomorrow.