hels
    hels's Avatar Become A Pro!

Bayern Munich vs. Man City

This match is on tv where I live so I'll be betting live. I don't know shit all about these teams.

Any advice is much appreciated.

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

Manchester city need to win to get qualified while Bayern will go to the next stage no matter what happen.
    Points Awarded:

hels gave Kraghen 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Umad Brasiek
    Umad Brasiek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Man City need to win, if they win...They could go through depending on the Napoli/Villareal game.

Bayern having already qualified top of the group will go into this game with injuries and missing players mainly down to flu. But they will play a reserve squad anyway.

Man City ML is probably the best play in this game.
    Points Awarded:

hels gave Umad Brasiek 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hels

If Bayern Munich scores the first goal would O2.5 be a smart live play? I know there won't be great odds for it but a winner is still a winner.

latinrus
    Pats, Pats, Pats
    latinrus's Avatar Become A Pro!

Man. City SHOULD win just cause that will keep them alive if Napoli can't win in VIllareal!

Bayern playing a B squad!
    Points Awarded:

hels gave latinrus 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Umad Brasiek
    Umad Brasiek's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 271

Quote Originally Posted by hels View Post
    If Bayern Munich scores the first goal would O2.5 be a smart live play? I know there won't be great odds for it but a winner is still a winner.

Maybe and this depends on the fact that if it is 1-0 to Munich at half time, when the players go in the dressing room they will be curious as to how the Napoli game is going, if they see that Napoli are up 1-0 or even 2-0 at half time then I could see the City players being demorilised.

But if it is 1-0 to Munich and Napoli are still drawing or losing then Man City may come up secon half and give it everything.

I can see City giving it everything anyway, because they just need to win to stand any chance of qualifying.
    Points Awarded:

hels gave Umad Brasiek 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sportfan
    sportfan's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4449

I prolly take the over 2.5 ..this should ended 2-1 3-1 some like that

decado
    decado's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

unload on city if you want. they need a win, bayern will try go easy not to injure themselves.

b-team tonight with following squad:
    Butt - Rafinha, Boateng, Badstuber, Contento - Gustavo, Tymoschtschuk - Alaba, Olic, Pranjic - Petersen.
    Points Awarded:

hels gave decado 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

sportfan

City -1 -104 they need to win by 2 , will Bayern score ?
    Points Awarded:

hels gave sportfan 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

hels

Quote Originally Posted by sportfan View Post
    City -1 -104 they need to win by 2 , will Bayern score ?
    So City have to win by at least 2 goals for a chance of moving on?

decado

bayern can score easily if city throws everything forward. i know bayern will most likely lose, but i can see the reserve to step up in full power to prove themselves, especially midfield/offense. but are they going to work well together? no idea.

took city -1 and o3. but ill be cheering for my bayern to kick city at home. lets see.
    Points Awarded:

hels gave decado 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Kraghen
    Kraghen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2985

The Bayern president won't satisfy with a loss or draw in England. If you take a look at the Bayern website, it's written :

‘We want a result’
    Bayern promise committed, professional display

“No!" chairman Karl-Heinz Rummenigge energetically declared when asked whether Bayern would simply go through the motions on their trip to the north-west of England. “We intend to give a decent account of ourselves,” director of sport Christian Nerlinger confirmed in the build-up to FCB’s final Champions League group fixture, the away clash with Manchester City on Wednesday evening (Live in English from 8.30 pm CET on fcbayern.de Web Radio).

“Basically, we can take a relaxed approach, as we wrapped it up last time out. We're top of the group, and we've totally met expectations in the Champions League so far. But we're certainly not here to give anything away for free," Rummenigge said on Tuesday. “On the one hand, there are vital points in the UEFA ranking at stake, and on the other, the prize money for a win is €800,000, a nice Christmas bonus."
    If Bayern win the game, they will win €800,000, so they will certainly not give the victory easily. Plus there is a UEFA ranking, if they will, it will increase their point...

I think Bayern is worth a shot... but I believe City will win! Took Bayern because I like this team and I like to take risk... it's not like City will play against team like Wigan, it's Bayern...
    Last edited by Kraghen; 12-07-11 at 01:34 PM.

decado

So City have to win by at least 2 goals for a chance of moving on?
    city needs to win the game but also needs help from villareal. if napoli wins, city is going EL.

hels

I appreciate all the insight. I'll post my live plays as that's usually the only way I can make money playing soccer. I'll post my past plays through the betfair spreadsheet. Somehow I've been winning lately.

sportfan

[QUOTE=hels;12674937]So City have to win by at least 2 goals for a chance of moving on?[/QUOT

What I meant to win by 2 goals if you take the spread , ML is -175 to much juice .I took the over 2.5 better play IMO

hels

[quote=sportfan;12675075]
    So City have to win by at least 2 goals for a chance of moving on?[/QUOT What I meant to win by 2 goals if you take the spread , ML is -175 to much juice .I took the over 2.5 better play IMO
    Ok, thanks.

decado

Quote Originally Posted by Kraghen View Post
    The Bayern president won't satisfy with a loss or draw in England. If you take a look at the Bayern website, it's written
    its true and publicly known that bayern absolutely detest city. especially because of their transfer politics which is about to be the exact opposite of bayern's transfer politics.

so, yes officially we will do anything to kick city out. but i cannot see that happen with a b-team. i am also disappointed that heynckes is not sending our full squad, but i understand his reasons (useless game for us, injuries, yellow,red cards, etc).

even better, if we can get at least a draw with our b-team against city. makes it more sweet.

hels

Made a live play on U2.5. Will probably hedge off after 10/15 minutes for a profit either way.

hels

Very slow start for both sides. Man City seems to have zero urgency.

hels

Going to leave the U2.5 I'm on it for $1499 to win $1708.86. See no goal scoring threats at the moment. But if the pace picks up I will hedge straight away.

hels

Glad the ref didn't let that stand. Definitely goalie interference.

hels

Sloppy D on both sides. Very close to hedging out.

hels

Damn, left it too long. Nice goal.

hels

Sold off, will have a win of $70 or $76 either way. The pace has picked up too much for my liking of staying with the Under.