Immortality
    Immortality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Champions League Futures

I was just looking over the futures for the Champions League. I think I am going to play a few of these lines. Anyone see some value they like or already played some of these? With Inter Milan and Man U playing each other, one of the top 4 lowest odds will be out for sure next round.

UEFA Champions League - Winner 2008/09
    Barcelona +310
    Manchester United +650
    Chelsea +730
    Inter Milan +830
    Liverpool +1150
    Bayern Munich +1450
    Arsenal +1500
    Real Madrid +1650
    Juventus +2200
    Roma +2800
    Villarreal +2800
    Atletico Madrid +3000
    Lyon +4800
    Porto +6600
    Panathinaikos +10000
    Sporting Lisbon +27500

Smogs
    Smogs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 499

i like inter milan because vidic is missing the first leg, i believe mourinho will beat fergie again. ill be betting on them at the san siro

maniac0201
    maniac0201's Avatar Become A Pro!

Arsenal might be an interesting bet. They've played great against Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, and Aston Villa but they haven't against anyone else. They've shown they can beat the best of England when they put their mind to it.

Immortality

Quote Originally Posted by Smogs View Post
    i like inter milan because vidic is missing the first leg, i believe mourinho will beat fergie again. ill be betting on them at the san siro

I can't find fault with your logic. I was tempted to bet both Man U and Inter Milan as I think whoever wins their matchup has a good chance to win the cup.

As it gets closer to the first leg, once I figure out who I like between the two, I will just that one.

I have made one play. I threw a unit on Liverpool at +1150. They always play well in this competition and I think they could take it this year.

Immortality

Quote Originally Posted by maniac0201 View Post
    Arsenal might be an interesting bet. They've played great against Chelsea, Man Utd, Liverpool, and Aston Villa but they haven't against anyone else. They've shown they can beat the best of England when they put their mind to it.
    I am not feeling Arsenal will do well int his tourney. With their poor league form so far, they might need to concentrate on beating Aston Villa out for the 4th spot so they can play in this next year. They also have had quite a few injuries.

You are right though they have been playing up to their competition. Losing games they shouldn't but playing better against the top team in their league. Good luck if you play them.

Smogs

Quote Originally Posted by Immortality View Post
    I can't find fault with your logic. I was tempted to bet both Man U and Inter Milan as I think whoever wins their matchup has a good chance to win the cup.

As it gets closer to the first leg, once I figure out who I like between the two, I will just that one.

I have made one play. I threw a unit on Liverpool at +1150. They always play well in this competition and I think they could take it this year.
    and the great thing is, that you can lay them once they get closer so that you make profit either way.
    that's why i bet on cska moscow in the uefa cup, becuase i think they will beat villa and then i can lay cska for a profit. i got them at 20/1 - £10 on, i reckon their odds would go down by quite a bit if they beat villa and then their nxt opponent

Ivan77
    Ivan77's Avatar Become A Pro!

Manchester United will defend the title and win it back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smogs

nah lol

Immortality

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan77 View Post
    Manchester United will defend the title and win it back to back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If you think that I hope you are hitting that +650 line hard.

squintz4
    squintz4's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 285

Quote Originally Posted by maniac0201 View Post
    Being a lifelong Arsenal supporter I would love nothing more than to see them win the Champions League, however, that will not be the case this year. I agree with you that they perform well against bigger opponents, but I think the injuries across the board will hurt them come February in this competition. Since Fabregas is out they are without a true playmaker. Even if they sign someone (Arshavin) here within the transfer market, I'm not sure that they will be able to fill this void. Walcott is also greatly missed. I will be pulling for them regardless, but I think we need to focus on beating out Villa for that last spot for next seasons competition.