Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

WC Preview Portugal- France

Hey guys, that was quite a game yesterday.
    Some people made big $$ with the under on that one.
    Great game too.
    Today we have the other semifinal, another great matchup. Probably the two teams that have been playing the best soccer since the second round started.

France comes into the game with the highest spirits possible after beating Spain 3-1 in the round of 16 and then knocking off the tournaments favorite Brazil in quarterfinals. The French look impressive and coach Domenech keeps proving his critics wrong. His experiment of playing both Zinedine Zidane, team superstar and Franck Ribery his possible succesor worked against the Brazilians. The question is will he do it again or will he bring in David Trezeguet to pair him up with Thierry Henry up front. This should be fun to watch.

On the other hand Portugal comes of an improbable (in my opinion) victory over the English. Improbable not only because I thought that England had a better team but also because Portugal was missing two key players, Deco and Costinha. Today they get them back and with the experience of current World Champion coach Felipao I have no doubt in my mind that Portugal has a legitimate shot at winning the game. This is probably the last chance for Portugal's golden generation, Luis Figo on top, to win something big.
    Should be a fun one to watch!!

Bets?????
    The under have been pretty safe bets so far. But this one doesnt look like a lock like yesterdays game. I think -225 or so is too expensive.
    I personally like France -1/2 at +115 or so
    and France to advance at -190 or so.
    What do you guys think????

Anyway guys, enjoy the game and remeber, only 3 games left (one of which means nothing) and then 4 years of waiting...

Good Luck!!

Bulldog
    Bulldog's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you see the first half guys??
    Do you think that was a PK worthy foul??
    I think so
    Cant wait for the second half!!

totobernal
    totobernal's Avatar Become A Pro!

Henry dived!! wasn't for penalty kick

isetcap
    isetcap's Avatar Become A Pro!

The refs finally made a good call. The defender's action was blatant and purposeful and within the confines of the box. It was actually an easy call to make.