scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

how do you guys enjoy soccer with all the acting

hate to say this but have a hard time seeing it as a legit sport with all the diving that goes on..........this is a major flaw in the game that must be corrected......I just have a hard time enjoying a game with that much acting.........i know all sports have their share but this is silly and comical at times...perhaps injured played you have to go off for a few minutes or something i dunno

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

There's acting in all sports and soccer takes the most fitness to play - making it easier on the brain to 'flop'... Your legs get tired, it happens. Plus the flopping is usually part of the play making it much easier to see.

I don't condone it, I, personally, think it should be an automatic card - and blatent flops that stop the flow of the game should bring out a red... But that's me.

It's part of the game so long as officials reward it. This cup has had more flopping than the last - which had more flops than the last and so on and so forth. It really does ruin the game, though... So I'm board with you there. I am not as fired up about the next world cup as I would normally be...

Officiating has stunk bad this time around in that regard worse than ever.

Baphomet
    Baphomet's Avatar Become A Pro!

A yellow card and then a red card, if he already had one. Just like yesterday's morning with this guy from Italy.

It isn't nice, but it's part of the most popular sport in the world, ever.

scottyy11
    scottyy11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by McBa1n

It's part of the game so long as officials reward it. This cup has had more flopping than the last - which had more flops than the last and so on and so forth. It really does ruin the game, though... So I'm board with you there. I am not as fired up about the next world cup as I would normally be...

Officiating has stunk bad this time around in that regard worse than ever.
    i agree with you that this has been worse as i would say i have been a casual football fan over the last 30yrs but some of the games i have seen this yr pretty much make me puke and almost impossible to watch and enjoy as a fan on either team i would think

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

I watch maybe 50-100 or so 'club team' games every 4 years just to get an idea of who to look for - but it's more to get ready for the world cup.
    I'm a very casual soccer fan, but as rabid a world cup fan as you can be...
    It took until the 2nd game today for me to get really excited that a game was even on... And the matchup in the brazil/ghana game had nothing to do with it.

I'm still pretty jaded after the bad officiating in the group games and then the portugal/holland game... But that Italy/Aussie game broke my back, I think.

7 games left, hopefully they will be played and officiated right.:>

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

This World Cup reminds me of a beautiful woman that's terrible in bed.