Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina
    Dark Horse's Avatar Become A Pro!

12/20 Valencia

Valencia +0.5 -108

Valencia at Real Madrid. Valencia has lost only three of its last 23 games. They're number two in the standings, and Madrid is having a tough season with a lot of injuries. Madrid has lost four of its last five matches in the league. I could see Valencia win this one straight up.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looks like an easy call but with the change in management, Madrid are becoming hard to beat. Valencia aren't playing well right now. They're conceding goals rather easily. I think Madrid will be desperate for a win and even with their injuries, they still have the players to win this game against a Valencia side that can't keep a clean slate.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

I was looking for a live dog, and Valencia has plenty of bite. Madrid says they'll play to win only, but, especially going into the holidays, they may be tempted to play not to lose. Madrid is still in search of their identity and I doubt they will go all out and risk a loss. They do need to make a push, but they'll be more ready to do so in January with new players coming in and injured players coming back.

Wilforth
    Update your status
    Wilforth's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Madrid's performances against Zenit and Barca are an indication of where they are right now, I'd take them to beat Valencia. Villa isn't good form for Valencia right now, scoring only twice in his L6 games. Madrid have the best GK in Spain and that could count in this game.

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

Check out their goal distribution chart. Incredible emphasis on final half hour. Suggests a well conditioned and hard to beat squad:

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/...?id=94&cc=5901

Dark Horse
    Deus Ex Machina

About half hour to go. Early goal Madrid. Valencia in control of most of the match, but couldn't put it in the net. Just now that Robben girl flopped to get a Valencia defender his second yellow card. He's known for this and the ref still goes for it. I don't see Valencia with 10 men get back into this.

Still, it was Valencia's mistake to leave that defender in with one yellow card. Could see this coming a mile ahead. Madrid has been flopping all through this game.
    Last edited by Dark Horse; 12-20-08 at 02:35 PM.