MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

EPL Games Sunday

Stoke City pk +142

Man Utd -1.5 +142

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why take the Pk if you think itll win the ML is +235?

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by twelvejewelz View Post
    Why take the Pk if you think itll win the ML is +235?
    It protects me from the 0-0 draw.

twelvejewelz
    twelvejewelz's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yea true, IMO i think it will draw but good luck im staying away.

The Special One
    The Special One's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

solid picks

OneTipster
    OneTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well done Pavy!

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

Nice picks!

That Manchester-Arsenal game was something else. It's not often you can see 10 goals between teams at their level.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by Vreston View Post
    Nice picks!

That Manchester-Arsenal game was something else. It's not often you can see 10 goals between teams at their level.
    Yeah but you have to remember both teams were fielding very young players.

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

nice picks .. winners

Doc JS
    Doc JS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

Pavy,
    Quick question...

As I was watching ManU hang a snowman on the Gunners today...do soccer teams ever replace/pull their goaltender when he's getting lit up like they sometimes do in hockey?

Doc

donkson
    donkson's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1797

Goaltender?

Anyway no, never happens.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Pavy,
    Quick question...

As I was watching ManU hang a snowman on the Gunners today...do soccer teams ever replace/pull their goaltender when he's getting lit up like they sometimes do in hockey?

Doc
    Arsenal's goalie actually kept the score in single digits. He wasn't the problem. The problem was the 4 on defense and the 2 defensive midfielders. If you can't stop them there then the goalie is hapless. Only time a goalie is replaced is if he gets injured. In hockey there is no limit on substitutions so it's not a big deal of substituting him. Even if the sub gets hurt the starter goalie can come back to the game. In soccer once the goalie is substituted he can't come back. So if the sub goalie gets hurt or shown a red card they have to field a position player. And there is also a 3 limit substitution so you don't want to sub the goalie and lose one of your 3 subs.

JOHON8
    gambling fallacy
    JOHON8's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 338

Quote Originally Posted by Doc JS View Post
    Pavy,
    Quick question...

Doc
    WAtch ther eplay of all the goals, there is nothing wrong with the Arsenal keeper, just bad defending and Arsenal getting outplayed. If anything the Man Utd keeper made the biggest mistake of the game.

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Arsenal's goalie actually kept the score in single digits. He wasn't the problem. The problem was the 4 on defense and the 2 defensive midfielders. If you can't stop them there then the goalie is hapless. Only time a goalie is replaced is if he gets injured. In hockey there is no limit on substitutions so it's not a big deal of substituting him. Even if the sub gets hurt the starter goalie can come back to the game. In soccer once the goalie is substituted he can't come back. So if the sub goalie gets hurt or shown a red card they have to field a position player. And there is also a 3 limit substitution so you don't want to sub the goalie and lose one of your 3 subs.
    I see...sorta the same theory as to why MLB teams don't usually use their back-up catcher to pinch hit if they only carry two catchers. If you pinch hit the back-up and the starting catcher gets hurt, you have to go to a position player emergency catcher. Got it!

Doc JS

Quote Originally Posted by JOHON8 View Post
    WAtch ther eplay of all the goals, there is nothing wrong with the Arsenal keeper, just bad defending and Arsenal getting outplayed. If anything the Man Utd keeper made the biggest mistake of the game.
    Agreed! My thought wasn't that the keeper was playing poorly and deserved to be pulled but more to keep his confidence up for the next game.

De Gea did have a great save on the PK...but the first goal was a little loose. I didn't think he had a prayer on RVP's goal.

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

It's true about Arsenal's defense. I was talking about it with some friends while watching the game.

Also I was impressed by a lot of the goals in England this weekend.