EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Irish Derby: Shamrock-Bohemians

The most famous in Ireland. Usually a tight cagey affair with little scoring.

Bohemians-Shamrock Under 2 [-125]
    Bohemians home matches have only gone over 2 in one of the last 14 in all competitions. All eleven in the Irish Premier League have stayed at two or less and they have four straight clean sheets. Shamrock Rovers likewise have found goals difficult on the road. Only one of their last 14 on the road have hit for more than two. In league play, only two of 12 and they have failed to score in four of their last six roadies. They have only given up more than one goal in one road match in league play. Eight of the last ten meetings have seen two goals or less. At Bohemians, four straight have finished at two or less.
    Points Awarded:

OneTipster gave EaglesPhan36 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

showtiime
    Update your status
    showtiime's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5853

This is almost a lock.

Might even sprinkle a little on the 0-0.

OneTipster
    OneTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!

0-1

...and it's a hit. Well done EP!

2 points for you.

EaglesPhan36

Thanks. Guess it's about time for me to start my own thread again here and hope the good vibes continue. Feel like I am cluttering up the forum with multiple posts ...

OneTipster
    OneTipster's Avatar Become A Pro!

Yes. I will subscribe to your thread because you are a great bettor.

EaglesPhan36

Anyone playing the repeat fixture today?

Numbers not quite as strong playing @ Shamrock for the under, but the series still says yes. Not sure if I want to jump in on this again or not.

bdub
    bdub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 454

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Anyone playing the repeat fixture today?

Numbers not quite as strong playing @ Shamrock for the under, but the series still says yes. Not sure if I want to jump in on this again or not.
    I'm playing Shamrocks -1 at +101.

Wanted to play the under as well but no value at all on 5 dimes.

beefcake
    Update your status
    beefcake's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 178

HOLY shit for a derby the odds on Bohemians are staggering...EVERYONE is on Shamrock , give me +580 on the dog and + money on the cap as well!! when two teams hate each other and a testy match is expected!! And Bo is in great form as well...

EaglesPhan36

Books definitely favoring the under. One book I am at is now only offering the split 2.5/2 line after the 2.5 under was just -114 this morning. I'm actually considering Over 2/2.5. Bohemians +1 seems a little trappy maybe? Given their poor record @ Shamrock recently and Shamrock rarely dropping points at home ... seems like +1 maybe would push most likely.

It's hard to look past the history of unders in this one even though Shamrock have been lighting it up lately ... dunno, probably should just pass.
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 10-05-11 at 09:58 AM.

cogiditopapa
    The happy one!
    cogiditopapa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9965

Any team losing players to National Team?, looks like the national team game is until the 11th.

EaglesPhan36

Rovers will be without Dean Kelly [not a starter I don't believe] and two central defenders, only one though is a starter. Bohs may be without a starting midfielder, but could get their top goal scorer back - Chris Fagan. He missed the last match and most of the one before it with a knee problem.

I'm going to go ahead and side with the historical side and what has transpired in the season meetings.

UNDER 2.5
    Last edited by EaglesPhan36; 10-05-11 at 10:57 AM.

Spaceviews
    Spaceviews's Avatar Become A Pro!

I am sorry to sound like such a square guys but I need a little help here. I placed a wager on The Seattle/Chicago match over(2,2.5). The match ended 2-0. I was under the impression that that would be a push or a half push or something hence the Extra juice I payed(-135) to get the (2,2.5) Don't mean to clog your thread E.P. I just know if anyone will know, it'll be you guys. Thank You in advance.

EaglesPhan36

Yes. You pushed on the total of two, so you get half your original bet back. The other half is a loss on the "over" 2.5.

Spaceviews
    Spaceviews's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thank You for the response E.P. I thought that there was something wrong with this. Tailing your pick as well.
    Thanks again.
    My book took care of that Thank You.....
    Last edited by Spaceviews; 10-05-11 at 12:09 PM.

Rixsaw
    Rixsaw's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Thanks. Guess it's about time for me to start my own thread again here and hope the good vibes continue. Feel like I am cluttering up the forum with multiple posts ...
    Do start a season thread. I always enjoy reading your analysis. Good luck bro.

EaglesPhan36

Under hits again! 1-1 final.