Gargamel
    Gargamel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

FIFA Women's World Cup

Hello.

Thought I might start a thread here about the FIFA Women's World Cup which starts today. I'm by no means an expert but I've had some good results betting on women's football in my life.

Starting out today we have France vs Nigeria and Germany vs Canada. The second game here doesn't interest me as the prices are far too low on Germany, who I expect will beat Canada easily.

France vs Nigeria might be decent however. Both teams qualified easily with France going through qualifying with a goal difference of 52-3. The French side consists mainly of players from Champions League winning side Lyon. Nigeria are a mainstay in the women's world cup but they've only made it out of the group stages once, and that was more than 10 years ago I think.

As both sides look strong attacking wise and as there are always goals in women's football I think we will see goals in this one and that France will win, although perhaps not convincingly enough to cover the handicap.

My first play of this tournament will therefore be Nigeria vs France OVER 3 goals @ 1.875 (Bet365).

Anyone else got anything on this?

balla05
    balla05's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 265

Sup Gargamel? I think im gonna tail ur over pick. Do you think Can will get beat by 3 goals....i think they may beat the spread.

Gargamel

Quote Originally Posted by balla05 View Post
    Sup Gargamel? I think im gonna tail ur over pick. Do you think Can will get beat by 3 goals....i think they may beat the spread.
    Hi man. Glad you did well yesterday. I'm gonna have a closer look on tonight's U-17 games later, do you have anything figured out yet?

I think there is a chance Germany beat Canada by 3 but I'd want a bigger price than the one offered for that. Germany are at home and one of the tournament favourites but Canada's women are not awful, in fact I know they've done reasonably well in previous world cups. I'm not playing this one.

Let's hope we cash the France game!

balla05

france game not looking so great. its all good tho. win some and lose some. I took canada on the +2.5 and the under 4 goals. Hope they hit.

Gargamel

Yeah it's looking grim with France. Think we've been unlucky, the Nigerian keeper spills everything but France can't capitalize. Still think there is a minor chance we hit the push at least. Will get back to you in the U-17 thread later.

balla05

oh yea....hit both of those picks.....now onto the U 17 matches